Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bertottius
I'm going to be headed out there for this race. I went to the ROAR regionals here in NJ but only 2 VTA cars showed up so, I came home. So, I'm taking a road trip to Indy. Hopefully there will be a good showing there. Are you going Darkside?
We usually have three heats of six on a regular old Friday. I think I counted about 24-28 if all of the regulars with a VTA car showed up at the same time.

I would HOPE that all of the regulars and local part-timers show up plus a fair chunk of out-of-towners.

That being said, I will miss my home Trophy race. Going to be on vacation...
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are some videos of last weekends VTA action at Nor Cal Hobbies, VTA is growing fast in Northern California. Note we ran the main in the oppositte direction as qualifications, this was announced as the cars were lined up for the main. Nobody had a single lap of practise in that direction and it was still a pretty clean start

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...HHDd3U-z0swMC2
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
We usually have three heats of six on a regular old Friday. I think I counted about 24-28 if all of the regulars with a VTA car showed up at the same time.

I would HOPE that all of the regulars and local part-timers show up plus a fair chunk of out-of-towners.

That being said, I will miss my home Trophy race. Going to be on vacation...
That's been typical of Jackson as far as VTA goes. Many of the guys from MRH that run VTA, don't travel. Very few of the locals at Jackson run VTA, as they take 17.5 and mod as their main classes, getting ready for major events (one of them was running mod and 17.5 for that race). There were 3 of us that ended up running, it was still fun but it'd be great if more showed. Many more guys ran at the Horsham race in December.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
That's been typical of Jackson as far as VTA goes. Many of the guys from MRH that run VTA, don't travel. Very few of the locals at Jackson run VTA, as they take 17.5 and mod as their main classes, getting ready for major events (one of them was running mod and 17.5 for that race). There were 3 of us that ended up running, it was still fun but it'd be great if more showed. Many more guys ran at the Horsham race in December.
I figured as much. I had my 17.5 car all together but couldn't get my ESC to work. It was 1:30 AM and so I figured I would just show up with the VTA and see what happens. No biggie. I'll drive to Indiana to run lol. Are you talking about the Slowbirds race? I plan on making that this coming year. Ray Murray always puts on a good show.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Was actually talking the Toys for Tots Charity race at Christmas time, last year we had about 20 entries. I've never been able to make Ray's slowbird race at Horsham, both years I was busy that weekend. Sunday's are tough being so far away before work the next day. When carpet season gets kicking, MRH is a fun place to race for a change of pace if you're going to Horsham. I like both, just happen to live 20 minutes from MRH, whereas the year before I was living in Philly on the weekends with my wife while she was in med school so Horsham was my place that year.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thinking of getting into vta. My ? is how much car do i need as a beginner(race 1/8 nitro buggy now). Is the $149 tc4 club racer good out of the box or would it need too many upgrades? Tc6.1 is really nice looking but $400 is a lot more to pay. Also i have a ko propo rsx response servo, will this be good for tc steering or do i need low profile? Any advice appreciated, thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DougH
Here are some videos of last weekends VTA action at Nor Cal Hobbies, VTA is growing fast in Northern California. Note we ran the main in the oppositte direction as qualifications, this was announced as the cars were lined up for the main. Nobody had a single lap of practise in that direction and it was still a pretty clean start

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...HHDd3U-z0swMC2
very cool.

Doug..since you are in the next town from I, you plan on going to Delta raceway when they get the new on road track complete? I just bought a TC chassis and am gearing up for the VTA class there.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boxstang40
Thinking of getting into vta. My ? is how much car do i need as a beginner(race 1/8 nitro buggy now). Is the $149 tc4 club racer good out of the box or would it need too many upgrades? Tc6.1 is really nice looking but $400 is a lot more to pay. Also i have a ko propo rsx response servo, will this be good for tc steering or do i need low profile? Any advice appreciated, thanks
I see a lot of club racers and TC3s for that matter. There is also the Sakura cars in that price range, and the spec r car as well.

Your servo should be fine.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

You could run a used $50 tc3 and still win. I've seen losi xxx-s cars kick butt.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Also on batteries amain has the eco 5000 30c for $35 and protek 5000 35c for $59. Both r amain brands and hard case roar approved so is there any reason to buy the more expensive battery?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info. Also on batteries amain has the eco 5000 30c for $35 and protek 5000 35c for $59. Both r amain brands and hard case roar approved so is there any reason to buy the more expensive battery?
SMC ROAR-approved 5000mAh (inboard, Traxxas, or Dean's) for $29.99:

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...ory&path=67_78
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
SMC ROAR-approved 5000mAh (inboard, Traxxas, or Dean's) for $29.99:

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...ory&path=67_78
I bought me one of them 40C packs for my VTA car. Every bit as good or better than the Reedy pack I have of the same specs.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GryphunRacing
very cool.

Doug..since you are in the next town from I, you plan on going to Delta raceway when they get the new on road track complete? I just bought a TC chassis and am gearing up for the VTA class there.
I'm gearing up for the Delta onroad track too! I picked up a Sakura Zero S that's set up for VTA. They laid the asphalt down already. Shouldn't be too much longer until its ready!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddiemoney13
I'm gearing up for the Delta onroad track too! I picked up a Sakura Zero S that's set up for VTA. They laid the asphalt down already. Shouldn't be too much longer until its ready!
Awesome. I picked up a TC6.1 Worlds (although it will be overkill for VTA but whatevzies).

Also believe its going to draw a large crowd as their is a big need around the east bay for another venue (besides norcal hobbies).

Almost perfect if someone built a track right off the 680 in San Ramon or even Dublin area.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't wait for Delta to finally start running indoor again. Anyone remember racing on the indoor carpet track they used to have at the fairgrounds?

I remember when we ran the Spec10 class, somehow that car exactly suited me and I was one of the fast guys when we ran that class. Now I'm at the back of the pack but still having fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.