R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #451
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,849
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Mindboggling that no one posted this up from the LRP race in Germany. Granted there were running 17.5 in the cars

The Classic Challenge is a very popular class too. Its retro look body shells give the cars their special appearance, while the speed in this class is moderate. Racing is nice to look at and exciting.
Classic Challenge
Two B-final and three A-final heats were on schedule. Dominating driver of the B-final was Jens Phetchumsaeng with two victories. The A-main was won by Niklas Engelmann ahead of Frank Schmitz and Matthias Poggensee.

Now if we can just get them to put the 25.5 in







more pictures of the TC and F1 here

http://www.lrp.cc/index.php?id=2535&...289&jumpurl=17
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.

Last edited by nashrcracer; 04-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #452
Tech Addict
 
Marv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ORD
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

wwddww34 Check your PM - did I win?
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #453
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
wwddww34 Check your PM - did I win?
Yes Marv. You are the first person to respond with "MATCHTOWERHOBBIESPRICE" coupon code. So the '69 Camaro Z28 Sprint 2 Sport is yours! I sent you a PM with my PayPal email address. Thank you
__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->2012 Summer Carpet Shootout Series brought to you by Mikes Hobby Shop
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #454
Tech Addict
 
Marv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ORD
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=wwddww34;10598709]Yes Marv. You are the first person to respond with "MATCHTOWERHOBBIESPRICE" coupon code. So the '69 Camaro Z28 Sprint 2 Sport is yours! I sent you a PM with my PayPal email address. Thank you
__________________________________________________ _________________

.

Last edited by Marv; 05-05-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: .
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #455
Tech Adept
 
rcsuicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 208
Default

Is this really the best VTA video of the year?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTSEcxM8ZY
In my opinion it's kinda boring.
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #456
Tech Adept
 
rcsuicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 208
Default

This video is pretty cool. It looks like Vintage Trans Am is really growing in Germany.
There are a couple cool shots of VTA cars racing at the start of this video...
http://youtu.be/DI-sPHGl0Wk
It's also cool to hear what some German R/C enthusiasts think about vintage cars.
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #457
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsuicide View Post
Is this really the best VTA video of the year?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTSEcxM8ZY
In my opinion it's kinda boring.
This one is from a couple years ago
with Quinton Robbins winning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIsQslSEtc


Blake Keulen and James Reilly closing laps battle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SivaPbdmbg
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #458
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Default New to VTA

I just found out that there is a track nearby that runs Vintage Trans-am. Being a huge fan of SVRA racing and the Group 6 cars especially, I have decided that my TC3 that had been collecting dust in the corner will be put into action. I am painting an HPI 1966 Mustang GT Coupe Body to look like the #1 Mustang of Dr. Dick Thompson and Jack Sutter. Wheels and tires are ordered. I was planning on purchasing the Novak Edge / Ballistic 25.5 setup. I have read all of the posts on the USVTA Part 2 Forum and look forward to the wealth of info from the older posts. I am looking forward to getting the car completed.

I see where the rules state no more than a 5000mah 7.4v Hardcase Lipo, in an 8 minute race about how much mah is left in the battery? I am thinking that I don't need to spring for a couple 5000mah packs right off the bat.

Thanks again for the wealth of information.

Matt
mhelli1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #459
Tech Master
 
Jerz616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelli1975 View Post
I just found out that there is a track nearby that runs Vintage Trans-am. Being a huge fan of SVRA racing and the Group 6 cars especially, I have decided that my TC3 that had been collecting dust in the corner will be put into action. I am painting an HPI 1966 Mustang GT Coupe Body to look like the #1 Mustang of Dr. Dick Thompson and Jack Sutter. Wheels and tires are ordered. I was planning on purchasing the Novak Edge / Ballistic 25.5 setup. I have read all of the posts on the USVTA Part 2 Forum and look forward to the wealth of info from the older posts. I am looking forward to getting the car completed.

I see where the rules state no more than a 5000mah 7.4v Hardcase Lipo, in an 8 minute race about how much mah is left in the battery? I am thinking that I don't need to spring for a couple 5000mah packs right off the bat.

Thanks again for the wealth of information.

Matt
We run 6 min heats and an 8 min main. Usually after 6 min i am putting about 1500 mah back in at the most as long as there is no binding in the car anywhere. i have 4 packs, but I use the same pack for every race. You could almost get away with without charging for 2 races, but I do anyway. If your smooth on the throttle you won't use too much, but if your on and off constantly you might use more then 1500.
__________________
Ryan Gracey

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #460
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
We run 6 min heats and an 8 min main. Usually after 6 min i am putting about 1500 mah back in at the most as long as there is no binding in the car anywhere. i have 4 packs, but I use the same pack for every race. You could almost get away with without charging for 2 races, but I do anyway. If your smooth on the throttle you won't use too much, but if your on and off constantly you might use more then 1500.
Good to know. Have you ever tried using a lower mah battery? I know with the old Nimh packs there was a pretty big difference in weight between the high capacity and the low ones.
mhelli1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #461
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelli1975 View Post
Good to know. Have you ever tried using a lower mah battery? I know with the old Nimh packs there was a pretty big difference in weight between the high capacity and the low ones.
We are required to have 1550 grams of weight so that is not a good reason to go with a lower capacity lipo. However some have noticed more punch and better performance with the lower capacity battery so if there is a reason to try lower capacity battery then I would say that is it.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #462
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
We are required to have 1550 grams of weight so that is not a good reason to go with a lower capacity lipo. However some have noticed more punch and better performance with the lower capacity battery so if there is a reason to try lower capacity battery then I would say that is it.
Thanks for the tip about the possible better punch and performance. I need to paint the shell tomorrow and go over the car tomorrow. Just read about 25 pages from VTA Part 1 and it was real interesting reading. I thought all the excitement happened on track.
mhelli1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #463
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsuicide View Post
This video is pretty cool. It looks like Vintage Trans Am is really growing in Germany.
There are a couple cool shots of VTA cars racing at the start of this video...
http://youtu.be/DI-sPHGl0Wk
It's also cool to hear what some German R/C enthusiasts think about vintage cars.

That is a nice big track. Love that blue carpet!
Rufus2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #464
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Scale National Results

For those wondering.........here are the results.

No blown motors or speedos from racing

Battman is once again a bridesmaid with a TQ and got to watch RJ's rear bumper in GT

Quote of the weekend "guess I can't make 20 minutes with a 3800 " Rob King

Thunder Power USA has a winner of a tire in the market for the sister class of USGT.

Thank You once again to everyone who made the trip. Team Novak,Battery Giant Racing,RadioPost,HPI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf USVTA 2012 Nationals.pdf (43.6 KB, 115 views)
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #465
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Historically the drama that is posted on the thread never shows up at the track. At least thats my experience. When you are home online you can bitch about opinions and rules, but at the track everybody wants to race and thats what the track day is about.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0