R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #4516
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertottius View Post
My VTA ride..
Looks like you are at the office. I would get some strange looks if I carted my cars in.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #4517
Tech Fanatic
 
bertottius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barrington, NJ
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Looks like you are at the office. I would get some strange looks if I carted my cars in.
Lol oh yes! I get the headshakers that think I'm a little boy trapped in a man's body...
__________________
CHRIS BERTOTTI
www.teamirsrc.com
bodiesbybean.com
bertottius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #4518
Tech Master
 
beemerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,602
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hi Darkside
I remember that they were banned Oneway diff first started this classes..now it is legal to use? why it deleted off the usvta rules? Thanks
One-ways have always been legal to use by the USVTA rules. As a house rule only, they were not allowed at The Track at Harbor Hobbies that has held all of the USVTA Scale Nationals events which caused some confusion for racers that are/were not clear on this point. That house rule is no longer in effect and racers are free to choose what type of diff/spool/one-way they wish to run.
beemerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #4519
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Ahh, so I guess DarthRacer is not coming to the 1st Annual UTAC on June 7-8.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #4520
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Ahh, so I guess DarthRacer is not coming to the 1st Annual UTAC on June 7-8.

LOL no. Not able to travel to race at this time. I'd love to though.

I don't think my little event will be affected by the UTAC or vice versa. I only expect to pick up racers in my nearby region. I had several local events to schedule around.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #4521
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I've just put the finishing touches on my Canadian VTA ride and here's a picture. Chassis is Spec-R S1 built box stock, body is the HPI '69 Camaro.
That is one nice looking VTA car!

You should post it in the VTA Paint forum too.

__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #4522
Tech Elite
 
dominick i.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: west new york, nj
Posts: 2,610
Trader Rating: 120 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertottius View Post
Lol oh yes! I get the headshakers that think I'm a little boy trapped in a man's body...
if you want to meet extremely attractive ladies that live in my apt building, drag your stuff onto the elevator 11pm at night after an evening of off road indoor rc racing!!! it never fails
__________________
club racing is always great racing......
dominick i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #4523
Tech Addict
 
alloyslash's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I have a few questions about the enduro race.

How many turn marshalls from each team are required to work the track at all times?

Will the track be open friday for practice for out of town racers, and if so whats the timeframe?

Any brand 25.5 allowed?

Any decent hotels near the track?
__________________
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Cooper D4SS 17.5 / EAM 5000 / Futaba 9551 / 17.5lm
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Bullet 13.5 / EAM 5000 / Savox 1251 / 13.5 Pro EDM

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #4524
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyslash View Post
I have a few questions about the enduro race.

How many turn marshalls from each team are required to work the track at all times?

Will the track be open friday for practice for out of town racers, and if so whats the timeframe?

Any brand 25.5 allowed?

Any decent hotels near the track?

From your location I'm assuming you are talking about the one in Rock Hill SC? If so I can answer your questions.

One team member should be marshaling, and the other the pit man from the 3 man team.
The track is open on Friday. It is open from 10AM to 6PM for normal practice and normal racing starts at 7PM.
We are using USVTA rules so only the Novak 25.5s.
There are several hotels in the area including Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Comfort Suites. Here is the map of the area to help you choose. Rock Hill Hotels
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #4525
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick i. View Post
if you want to meet extremely attractive ladies that live in my apt building, drag your stuff onto the elevator 11pm at night after an evening of off road indoor rc racing!!! it never fails
Ya, and show pictures of your trophies at the local dance club or drinking establishment. They won't be able to keep their hands off you!
__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #4526
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfan View Post
One-ways have always been legal to use by the USVTA rules. As a house rule only, they were not allowed at The Track at Harbor Hobbies that has held all of the USVTA Scale Nationals events which caused some confusion for racers that are/were not clear on this point. That house rule is no longer in effect and racers are free to choose what type of diff/spool/one-way they wish to run.
question : any body out there are using the oneway in their VTA?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #4527
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
question : any body out there are using the oneway in their VTA?
Yes. I have a one-way diff in the front of my HPI Pro 4 VTA car. The one-way works so much better when compared to a spool in the front. My Pro 4 was going way too slow around the corners. The one-way gets better corner speed.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #4528
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Yes. I have a one-way diff in the front of my HPI Pro 4 VTA car. The one-way works so much better when compared to a spool in the front. My Pro 4 was going way too slow around the corners. The one-way gets better corner speed.
1+
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #4529
Tech Regular
 
Bibie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 358
Default

I need a setup for my tc6 to run VTA on Asphalt ....
Bibie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #4530
Tech Fanatic
 
bertottius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barrington, NJ
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibie View Post
I need a setup for my tc6 to run VTA on Asphalt ....
Stock set up with a couple ride height adjustments works very well.
__________________
CHRIS BERTOTTI
www.teamirsrc.com
bodiesbybean.com
bertottius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0