R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #421
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
Now HPI, where is my 1970 Camaro for my Chapparal VTA car?
Search and Google is your friend.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9181008-post2238.html

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oad-Lexan-Body
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #422
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

some ppl like to take the time to paint, some dont....I do both...if Ive got a big race coming up...Ill try and do something nice, if I have time...

but I also drive better with a nice paint job cause I dont want it torn up...
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #423
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
or just quit your day job and then you have time for track time AND spray time
Bah, nothing that drastic, our track is only open one night a week for practice, that leaves 5 nights that you have time to get a smooth paint job laid down. As simple as most of the VTA paint jobs are it only takes a couple hours to get it done. So no excuses for shoddy paint jobs.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Is that body cut on the trim lines up front ? Just asking not trying to start a war..
I have that body coming to me and I want to make it look original . From what I heard its not the best race body durability wise ..so I'm doing mine just for looks
Old 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
Is that body cut on the trim lines up front ? Just asking not trying to start a war..
I have that body coming to me and I want to make it look original . From what I heard its not the best race body durability wise ..so I'm doing mine just for looks
The pegasus camaro body has to be one of the worst bodies. It is super thin, and it is really wide. Seems to make the car float as the air get under it because its too wide. Here are a couple pictures of mine. I cut my wheels a little different then in that picture.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-cc.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-cc2.jpg  

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yeah the 70 body from Pegasas is a monster. You can put a HPI 68 Camaro body inside it with room to spare. Ive ran 2 of them its basically like tying a parachute to the back of your car. The plus side is when people try to take you out in a race, they generally just bounce off and find the wall themselves.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #427
Tech Adept

How about a little help folks. Ready to take the VTA car out for a first race next weekend but being a pan car oval racer with very little TC experience, I want to verify Iím heading in the right direction.
The chassis is a TC5 so I used the kit rubber tire setup sheet from the Associated site. Will be running on asphalt but wonder if others have found the spec tire and body dynamics force the need to consider other changes to the baseline. Car is currently using the 2A position at all 8 mount points, 3 degree toe on the rear, blue and silver springs with #35 oil in all 4 corners. What about adding anti-dive or other adjustments? Sway bars are also a big question, front or front and rear if so how big? From the big car world I find myself wanting to apply the small spring heavy sway bar technology.
Any thoughts?
Geno-Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
The pegasus camaro body has to be one of the worst bodies. It is super thin, and it is really wide. Seems to make the car float as the air get under it because its too wide. Here are a couple pictures of mine. I cut my wheels a little different then in that picture.
ok thanks for the heads up but for 16 bucks i figured id give it a try..your car looks good ,nice up front ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Yeah the 70 body from Pegasas is a monster. You can put a HPI 68 Camaro body inside it with room to spare. Ive ran 2 of them its basically like tying a parachute to the back of your car. The plus side is when people try to take you out in a race, they generally just bounce off and find the wall themselves.
i like that plus side
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #429
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno-Machino View Post
How about a little help folks. Ready to take the VTA car out for a first race next weekend but being a pan car oval racer with very little TC experience, I want to verify Iím heading in the right direction.
The chassis is a TC5 so I used the kit rubber tire setup sheet from the Associated site. Will be running on asphalt but wonder if others have found the spec tire and body dynamics force the need to consider other changes to the baseline. Car is currently using the 2A position at all 8 mount points, 3 degree toe on the rear, blue and silver springs with #35 oil in all 4 corners. What about adding anti-dive or other adjustments? Sway bars are also a big question, front or front and rear if so how big? From the big car world I find myself wanting to apply the small spring heavy sway bar technology.
Any thoughts?
I would use a current setup from Assoc and drive it first. My approach is that driving is 99% of a good setup so I tend to drive and not mess with my cars a whole lot. Your thoughts are in the right provided a high traction surface. As asphalt varies widely any specifics would be moot. Take pics ! post em !
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
ok thanks for the heads up but for 16 bucks i figured id give it a try..your car looks good ,nice up front ..

i like that plus side
Here are the 2 I ran.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/4670179-post5.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9154924-post1.html
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #431
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno-Machino View Post
Any thoughts?
I got this from this thread sometime ago, but havent tried it yet (still running TC3) Going to try FTTC4 and TC5R this summer.

TC5 Setup

Springs
FRT....Silver
REAR..Green
Shocks @ 3A & 2A FRT/REAR
Shock Oil...40
Droop
FRT...4 More if track is bumpy
REAR..3 " " "
Arm blocks
FRT..2A
REAR..2A
Ride Ht
FRT..6mm Depends on track smoothness
REAR..5.5mm " " "

Good luck, post what you end up with, Thanks!!!
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarivers View Post
Bah, nothing that drastic, our track is only open one night a week for practice, that leaves 5 nights that you have time to get a smooth paint job laid down. As simple as most of the VTA paint jobs are it only takes a couple hours to get it done. So no excuses for shoddy paint jobs.
I agree, a clean, simple scheme doesn't take much time or effort. I did this one up knowing it would get hammered in club racing but still wanted to do something in the spirit of VTA. One color spray-bomb =
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-j71.jpg  
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I agree, a clean, simple scheme doesn't take much time or effort. I did this one up knowing it would get hammered in club racing but still wanted to do something in the spirit of VTA. One color spray-bomb =
I agree with the one color spray. It takes half the time to just use one color on a body, and if it's an HPI body, the included HPI decals are awesome!

__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->2012 Summer Carpet Shootout Series brought to you by Mikes Hobby Shop

Last edited by wwddww34; 04-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #434
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THE 2012 USVTA SCALE NATIONALS @ HARBOR HOBBIES IS THIS WEEKEND!!!

WHERE YOU AT? VTA RACERS?!!
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #435
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
WHERE YOU AT? VTA RACERS?!!
About 966 miles southwest of Winthrop Harbor, IL. Approx. 16 hours driving if there's no traffic along I-55 N and I-44 E.

Sorry but I don't think I can swing a 32 hour round trip.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote