Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

And get good at moving off line to let the leaders by without totally stopping or stuffing it into the wall.

This is not an easy thing to do. Especially when you're racing for 6th position but 1 and 2 are coming up to lap you.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jeff's R/C studio in ft Myers
We race every other Sunday on road 100 x50
We have avoid group of people running TC,VTA and F1 is getting bigger
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
And get good at moving off line to let the leaders by without totally stopping or stuffing it into the wall.

This is not an easy thing to do. Especially when you're racing for 6th position but 1 and 2 are coming up to lap you.
Yeah I normally move up about a lane and let the faster driver play through then tuck and follow the best I can all while still racing my own race.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy

Maybe it's "old-school" on my part now, but around here up north the car in front has right of way. If everyone just moved over for the top 2 cars there wouldn't be much of a race. If you're clearly slower, as in noob slower/first time on the track, then yeah move over - but otherwise its up to the car that wants to pass you to earn that pass and outdrive you. You keep on your line and keep racing and the guy behind you has to use his skill to cleanly pass you and earn the right to put up a lap on you. No free lunches here.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Maybe it's "old-school" on my part now, but around here up north the car in front has right of way. If everyone just moved over for the top 2 cars there wouldn't be much of a race. If you're clearly slower, as in noob slower/first time on the track, then yeah move over - but otherwise its up to the car that wants to pass you to earn that pass and outdrive you. You keep on your line and keep racing and the guy behind you has to use his skill to cleanly pass you and earn the right to put up a lap on you. No free lunches here.
why would you want to hold up the leader if he is coming around to put a lap on you? If you were the leader coming up on lap traffic wouldnt you want the courtesy of a driver a lap or more down to let you through?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I get slowed/blocked by lappers whose 'friend' is in second behind me
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
why would you want to hold up the leader if he is coming around to put a lap on you? If you were the leader coming up on lap traffic wouldnt you want the courtesy of a driver a lap or more down to let you through?
I only do that if I'm wayyy slower than the leader. Otherwise I'll hold my line and make them earn the pass. It's a race after all. As long as you are not actively blocking it's all good.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
Well, I guess I don't know how deep you guys get in racers and attendance... We often get 20-30 vta cars on the weekends. Everyone in the A-main deserves to be there, and if you're running sixth out of 10 cars in the A or B it's prob because you bumped the wall or got in a pileup, not because you're dog slow. You're only one crash away from having the leader switch spots with you. You race to win. If the leader really is that much better and faster, he should have the skill to pass you. Letting him by you in the main isn't being courteous - it's giving up. I'm not saying block on purpose or punt him to the wall or anything. Hold your line. Drive your best. Race to win.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I only move over if I am already 1+laps down. If you are just starting to lap me, I'm not going to just give up, I'm going to hope you bite the turn trying to follow my bad line
Old 02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I get slowed/blocked by lappers whose 'friend' is in second behind me
In this case he would immediately get the fender! See you....wouldn't want to be you!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Well, I guess I don't know how deep you guys get in racers and attendance... We often get 20-30 vta cars on the weekends. Everyone in the A-main deserves to be there, and if you're running sixth out of 10 cars in the A or B it's prob because you bumped the wall or got in a pileup, not because you're dog slow. You're only one crash away from having the leader switch spots with you. You race to win. If the leader really is that much better and faster, he should have the skill to pass you. Letting him by you in the main isn't being courteous - it's giving up. I'm not saying block on purpose or punt him to the wall or anything. Hold your line. Drive your best. Race to win.
Yes, but if you're getting lapped it means you've already messed your race up and the guys coming behind the leader is able to gain on him because you're holding him up. Where we race if you're getting lapped just move over and let all the lead cars come thru as they come up on you. They are the only one's still racing plus the goal is to race without hitting something rather it be the wall or another car. If you do this you shouldn't be getting lapped!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some people here have not been subjected to the "three turn rule". Not especially courteous, but why hold people up?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Some people here have not been subjected to the "three turn rule". Not especially courteous, but why hold people up?
It's not coming up on GOOGLE -
Guess you gotta 'splain it...

Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You have 3 turns to move or you will be moved.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Next time you are the fast guy passing or the slow guy being passed, I want everyone to think about this fact. You both paid to race toy cars for fun. It is not okay to intentially wreck another racer and potentially ruin their day/fun.

If you are the fast guy, learn how to pass everyone cleanly. If you have to slow down, wait a few turns/laps, or alter your line it will only help you to become a better racer in the long run. Learning how to avoid contact/accidents is valuable in VTA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.