Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Are you running on carpet or asphalt? Good to hear that its taking hold in your area. Down here most everyone is USVTA legal. Whatever you have to do to keep interest growing is good. Someone else's track has gotten enough people to run "outlaw" and "legal" VTA cars and it seems to be working for them.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
Guys at my local track 'The Grove Racing Center' in Rock Hill SC are building interest in the VTA cars. The rules are a little loose for right now to get people in to try it. The race director has the timing set for a 13 second break-out to keep people honest. I was hanging out at the shop on Saturday and there was a lot of talk about the class. It seems us older guys are the ones really interested due to the looks and speeds. The shop is fully embracing the class by stocking tires, wheels, and bodies!

Come visit us here:
http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/for...e=vintage-t-cs
I'd try and get people USVTA legal from the startup, rather than try and enforce the rules later. All the motors are about the same price so there isn't an excuse to not buy the novak. ESC's are plentiful and also reasonably priced.

I can see being a little loose on the batteries as that can be expensive to replace/buy for just one class but 5000mah is still a pretty beefy pack.

Our track is currently in the process of going fully USVTA legal and it hasn;t been too bad. When I got my updated chassis I picked up all new electrics so I could be legal right off the bat. Only missing the driver figure currently (I actually have him, just need to come up with a better mounting solution)!

Good luck going forward!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
I'd try and get people USVTA legal from the startup, rather than try and enforce the rules later. All the motors are about the same price so there isn't an excuse to not buy the novak. ESC's are plentiful and also reasonably priced.

I can see being a little loose on the batteries as that can be expensive to replace/buy for just one class but 5000mah is still a pretty beefy pack.

Our track is currently in the process of going fully USVTA legal and it hasn;t been too bad. When I got my updated chassis I picked up all new electrics so I could be legal right off the bat. Only missing the driver figure currently (I actually have him, just need to come up with a better mounting solution)!

Good luck going forward!

I understand trying to get people legal from the get-go (and I am to show others), but this is how my local track gets new classes to take hold. We just started open touring car this year from a long break and some were worried we were going to dilute a re-surging class with VTA. What we are seeing is more people are interested in VTA than 17.5 so overall there are more guys with TCs. Once the guys get hooked racing it then the rules slowly get tweaked over the course of the season. It works for us and I'm just happy that the class exists at all.

The track is concrete in the middle of a large banked tri-oval. There are plans and funds being put together to make the TC track larger and to replace the pvc pipe with better boards. The track size at max will be 90X60. If anyone has some nice layout plans for a track let me know!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

was wondering if this body is usvta legal?
RJ Speed 1/10 Classic & Trucks 69 Charger Body - Description: MADE FROM CLEAR .040" LEXAN AND HAVE PROTECTIVE FILM AND WINDOW MASKS. LENGTH 18.5" - WIDTH 8.4"F, 8.6"R - Wheelbase 10.0" - 11.0"
Part # BOL2257
also was wondering how often do the rules change? dont want to go throughing money at this, only to have the motors change next year etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

motor rule is solid...no issue there at all..welcome to USVTA
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

i am really thinking about it, going back and forth with the usgt class, i just wished there was sub class of the vta( corvette,ferrari, porsche challenge series). i love the level playing field and the reallism, just wished more opened to bodies.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

so sad that im use to face book, i keep looking for a like and share key!!! im an ass
Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey USVTA racers dont forget about the events going n in your region/area that would love to have your support....come out and support your USVTA classes and enjoy

2013 CARPET SHOWDOWN

March 2, 2013

Practice starts at 7am and signup ends at 10am. Racing will start at 11am.
Track is open Friday for practice until 9pm.

One Lug Raceway
5370 Hwy 431
Albertville AL 35950

$25 1st Class and $15 for 2nd Class. 3rd, 4th,or 5th Class is FREE!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-...g-raceway.html

Summit R/C Raceway March 1st -3rd

35$ for first entry and 15$ for the second

Friday 12pm-10pm: open practice

Saturday: open at 8am heats start at 1pm

Sunday: open at 8am racing at 11AM

Saturday is 3 qualifiers

Sunday is 1 qualifier and mains, triple A mains for VTA

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=383642

come out and show support and have a good time....

Battman
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-carpet%2520showdown.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-summitvtanats.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 02-26-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the shout out on Ft Wayne!!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
What was really cool to me was that everyone said it was the realistic appearance that attracted them.
Can we post this in every thread about how do we get new people into the hobby?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think it's even cooler to model you RC car after one that you might have sitting in the garage! I don't have any of these 1:1 in my garage but if I did you can bet my body would look just like my 1:1 car!

What got me into the class the 1st time was the low cost of racing every week. Everyone uses 1 of a handful of speed controls and 1 of 2 motors.

It all comes down to car setup, gearing, and end bell timing for those who have the 25.5 ballistic motor. Can't wait to get back to racing in VTA!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
What got me into the class the 1st time was the low cost of racing every week. Everyone uses 1 of a handful of speed controls and 1 of 2 motors
+1 !

And, the fact that these were the cars I grew up with. To me there is nothing more cool than a pavement pounding muscle car
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
+1 !

And, the fact that these were the cars I grew up with. To me there is nothing more cool than a pavement pounding muscle car
Same here, I got my start with a TC3. It was my 1st ever hobby grade RC back in 2002 and I find it kind of odd that I'm going back to what I started racing with once again with my original TC3.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

I wish we had vta here in Florida
Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Yep! But interestingly enough, it was mostly adults who made the effort to come talk to me in the pits and ask questions about it. The USGT car (also painted to look realistic, BTW) garnered some attention, but the Camaro really seemed to draw people in. What was really cool to me was that everyone said it was the realistic appearance that attracted them. Since I always paint my racecars to look like real cars, I found that particularly rewarding.

Oh, and one other thing we noticed was that with all the extra weight the cars seemed to be able to rub fenders a bit more without completely getting out of shape. Lots of fun!
Think I'd try to recruit a female driver in my vta car. As for paint scheme probably a flame job by a Great local painter. I like flash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.