Tech Initiate

Thanks Rojna! I will pick those up!
SAL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #3992
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Hey Ray...you said you guys had 27 USVTA racers at this event....and are these locals or out of town guys?...

and you guys are hosting the 2013 ROAR Nats, and decided to not run VTA or USVTA?...what am I missing?...

Congrads to your event, looks like it was alot of fun...cant wait to get the chance to run with some of you
Well see when Ray Murray throws a party EVERYONE shows up, and we race toy cars too. This is what prompted us (me included, Camaro in the pic) to offer VTA at our asphalt Nats in '11. For whatever reason though, no one likes to race VTA at "serious" trophy races around here, but they come out in droves for funster races. Go figure.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #3993
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
Hey guys way off topic but
I just seen the news and they say nashvill got hit
Pretty hard by tornado and 80+ mph winds
Just wanted to know if any of you guys know how bad it is
We have a lot of USVTA racers and friends up that way
Our prayers are with you all
we are good Pete, thanks man, weather really weird..75 deg one day to below 30 next..go figure...

are you at the Birds?...
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #3994
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Well see when Ray Murray throws a party EVERYONE shows up, and we race toy cars too. This is what prompted us (me included, Camaro in the pic) to offer VTA at our asphalt Nats in '11. For whatever reason though, no one likes to race VTA at "serious" trophy races around here, but they come out in droves for funster races. Go figure.
do you think offereing VTA under USVTA rules would make a difference?...Im seeing a pattern with the ROAR VTA rules that it doesnt get ppl out for alot of different reasons...the main being you dont know what to expect at a ROAR VTA event with the rules being so open....

Im very content in not having VTA at the ROAR Nats, and its a choice that is made for the better of the event, Im just looking to see where the "hic-up" came from...

thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #3995
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My new toy!!!
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta1.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta2.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta3.jpg  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #3996
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
My new toy!!!

Looks good Mr Cooper....

Ill give you my setup next time you are at the track...or use Lynn...his car is just as good as mine if not better
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #3997
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
we are good Pete, thanks man, weather really weird..75 deg one day to below 30 next..go figure...

are you at the Birds?...
Ok Kool
Not yet gonna try for Friday night. work has been crazy .
If not I would rather make it to the scale nats More than anything
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #3998
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckler View Post
So, as has been mentioned many, many times, and even the pictures above show, these bodies get some serious abuse. What are some of you guys running for front bumpers? I'm wondering if it's possible to custom fit a body hugging bumper so even if the car does "tap" a board occasionally, the impact can be transferred to the bumper rather that mashing in the front of the body.
In my experience most bumpers have to be cut down to allow the body to clear.
If you want to "beef up" your body a layer of shoo-go and fiberglass sheetrock tape will do wonders. And the parma mustang is the most durable body I've run (but its not the prettiest)
jsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #3999
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz

Hey guys, long time to visit to RCtech! Well to be honest I was racing onroad for a while then the off road bug bit me hard and so well, I sold everything on road I owned.

So anyway, I'm not able to make the hour north drive to race off road like I'd want to so I'm selling 1 of my 2 off road rigs in hopes to buy an ARTR touring car setup for VTA racing.

I see the rules haven't really changed since early 2011 when I last raced VTA. The main reason why I'm posting is to ask this one question about Speed Controls.

I currently have a spare LRP SPX Zero which is what I run in both my Stock SCT and Buggy. Classes that only allow end bell timing, they know my speed control is legal because it's in blinky mode which is absolute zero timing.

I'm curious as to why this speed control isn't allowed when it clearly shows by looking at the red blinking LED to see it's in stock mode.

Don't flame me, just trying to understand that's all.
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #4000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post
Hey guys, long time to visit to RCtech! Well to be honest I was racing onroad for a while then the off road bug bit me hard and so well, I sold everything on road I owned.

So anyway, I'm not able to make the hour north drive to race off road like I'd want to so I'm selling 1 of my 2 off road rigs in hopes to buy an ARTR touring car setup for VTA racing.

I see the rules haven't really changed since early 2011 when I last raced VTA. The main reason why I'm posting is to ask this one question about Speed Controls.

I currently have a spare LRP SPX Zero which is what I run in both my Stock SCT and Buggy. Classes that only allow end bell timing, they know my speed control is legal because it's in blinky mode which is absolute zero timing.

I'm curious as to why this speed control isn't allowed when it clearly shows by looking at the red blinking LED to see it's in stock mode.

Mike- good to see you here on the thread again. Stop by the shop or call and I will explain why. Easier that way.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #4001
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckler View Post
So, as has been mentioned many, many times, and even the pictures above show, these bodies get some serious abuse. What are some of you guys running for front bumpers? I'm wondering if it's possible to custom fit a body hugging bumper so even if the car does "tap" a board occasionally, the impact can be transferred to the bumper rather that mashing in the front of the body.

Try this link for starters = http://www.rctech.net/forum/11529775-post10894.html

Then this one = http://www.rctech.net/forum/11564750-post3289.html

That should keep ya busy for a while.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #4002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post

Not that hard to answer cause I asked the smae question a while ago about an ESC that I own that has a blink mode.

It is purely the fact that it CAN BE changed, not that is has been. By having the option via built-in programming options or an external card the speedo is deemed illegal by USVTA standards.

To make it easier to join the race at out club we allow any speedo as long as it has a blinky mode.

Second thought...I don't trust Adams, they make up everything!

"Leave it to Steever", custom paint masks, decals, and paint.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #4003
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post

Try this link for starters = http://www.rctech.net/forum/11529775-post10894.html

Then this one = http://www.rctech.net/forum/11564750-post3289.html

That should keep ya busy for a while.
Kinda. I don't have a TC4, and a very quick search makes me think Parma doesn't make a bumper for it anymore. But I did find they have a kind of universal block of foam, just a big rectangular block. I think I have an idea of what to try. I just have to see how/if my charger's foam cutting mode works. Thanks.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #4004
Tech Master

Saw this video on YouTube. VTA action at the Snowbirds!

In-car camera. (Technology is SO cool!)

This was taken in the last two days it says...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #4005
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz

LOL watching that made my head spin. Imagine trying to race these things from that point of view!!
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote