Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here's a pic of my VTA driver. He is mounted by using 3 pieces of antenna tube to make something like a 3-legged table.
LOL . Is that a Trinity 25.5 ?!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by robk
Basically, if you think of the spoiler as a right (90*) triangle, the chord would be the size of the angled side, and the height would be the vertical side. Obviously it's not strictly a right triangle, since I have no idea how those numbers work out, but you get the idea.
An easier way to think of the chord is the same definition used in the aircraft world; the distance from the leading edge to the trailing edge. Doesn't matter what the angle is when you measure it, just be sure it doesn't exceed 20mm from the front edge to the back edge of the spoiler and you should be good to go.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any reason you cant mount your driver to the battery? I know its on the wrong side, but the rules dont say anything about where the driver has to be located. Are there any rules about what is considered an acceptable driver figure (needs helmet, driver suit, etc)?

Also, I used black paint for my windows for a tinted look. Is this illegal? The windshield is still clear.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Captain
Any reason you cant mount your driver to the battery? I know its on the wrong side, but the rules don't say anything about where the driver has to be located.
You are right about USVTA rules not having a specific side to put the driver, so technically you are OK with a driver on the right side of your car. But you must remember that this is U.S. VTA, not British or Australian VTA where the driver is on the right side of the car.

Are there any rules about what is considered an acceptable driver figure (needs helmet, driver suit, etc)?
The rules say you must have a minimum of head and shoulders. So a cockpit with a suit, chair, arms, hands, dashboard and steering wheel are all extras.

BTW, RJ Speed now makes a 1/10 Scale Interior For Stock Cars/Trucks/VTA Cars Clear Part # RJS1531.

Also, I used black paint for my windows for a tinted look. Is this illegal? The windshield is still clear.
The rules don't mention anything about tinted windows being illegal, so technically you are OK.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a pic of my VTA driver. He is mounted by using 3 pieces of antenna tube to make something like a 3-legged table.

What brand motor is that in your VTA car?

Is that a VTA car?

Or a USVTA car?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
I have tried Novak's SmCo tuning rotor in my World GT 13.5T Ballistic motor. Honestly there is absolutely no difference in the speed or torque of the motor.
Last October Novak published an article called "Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) vs Neodymium (Neo)" on their web page. It explains the differences between the two rotors very well.
thanks good info.

JG
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys for the driver info! Awesome tips and suggestions! Thank you!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Marv
What brand motor is that in your VTA car?

Is that a VTA car?

Or a USVTA car?
Hi Marv, that motor is a Trinity D3 540 Rock Crawler 25.5T # TEP1056.

My car is a VTA (not USVTA legal). That picture of my VTA car was taken on July 13, 2012 during the 1st round of the Texas Electric On-Road Series. The Texas EOS VTA class rules were identical to the USVTA rules except the motor could be any manufacturer's 25.5T motor.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any reason you cant mount your driver to the battery? I know its on the wrong side, but the rules dont say anything about where the driver has to be located. Are there any rules about what is considered an acceptable driver figure (needs helmet, driver suit, etc)?

Nope, your car would then just be one of our English brethren who like to drive on the wrong side of the road .

I use the entire DT1 insert so when my car hits something, it's the co-pilot/navigators fault, not the driver
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are running a TC4 and mount the driver figure to the battery it WILL be on the correct side of the car (left side). I'll be happy to let anyone see the rear side of my driver's helmet as I'm passing your car at the VTA Nats!! :P
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
If you are running a TC4 and mount the driver figure to the battery it WILL be on the correct side of the car (left side). I'll be happy to let anyone see the rear side of my driver's helmet as I'm passing your car at the VTA Nats!! :P
Same goes for a TC3.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-tc3s-007.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Weight Specification:
Minimum 1550g in race-ready trim

I need to find space for 17x 7g lead bricks to get up to spec weight ... this is getting out of hand

sorry for the rant, been looking for space and sticking lead now for over a hour, even started swaping aluminum screws with ss

2013 SNOWBIRDS coverage
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rojna
Weight Specification:
Minimum 1550g in race-ready trim

I need to find space for 17x 7g lead bricks to get up to spec weight ... this is getting out of hand

sorry for the rant, been looking for space and sticking lead now for over a hour, even started swaping aluminum screws with ss

2013 SNOWBIRDS coverage
I have a TC6, replaced all the bottom screws with ss ones. Have a 10gr ballast bar (associated) located just in front of the battery stop, center of chassis. 1 ballast on each side of the centerline just behind the front bulkheads (one in front of the servo, one in front of the battery). Finally, I tape 8 weights to the outside edge of the battery (use one continuos strip). Yes, it hangs off the side. My car comes to approx 1551 grams and left/right balance is within 5 grams. Front/rear balance is within 6 grams. Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Marv, that motor is a Trinity D3 540 Rock Crawler 25.5T # TEP1056.

My car is a VTA (not USVTA legal). That picture of my VTA car was taken on July 13, 2012 during the 1st round of the Texas Electric On-Road Series. The Texas EOS VTA class rules were identical to the USVTA rules except the motor could be any manufacturer's 25.5T motor.

That's a NICE motor.

Do you have the 21.5 version?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Nope, your car would then just be one of our English brethren who like to drive on the wrong side of the road
I believe that the right side is the right side
Ya'l doing it wrong on the left side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.