R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #3496
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I thought 14 was a pretty weak showing, but I guess I was expecting a VTA group like there was at the Southern Nationals. By the way, how many were there 2011 and 2012, VTA only?
45 and 49 need to break 50 next year
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #3497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Who will be the National Champion?

6th Annual USVTA Scale Nationals

Sponsored by Novak Electronics

Do you have what it takes to wear the Belt?

Chicago - April 2013

The Track @ Harbor Hobbies

Stay Tuned for the full announcement on New Year's Day

yeah. i know.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #3498
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post

Chicago - April 2013

NICE been wanting to do this one
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #3499
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post

Chicago - April 2013

I like the sounds of this and just when I will have Vacation time built up I cant think of a better way to blow it.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #3500
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are you going to run VTA?...
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #3501
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
are you going to run VTA?...
Me?

I dont own a VTA car at this time but April is a long way away.....I might be able to find one or borrow one by then we will see.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #3502
Tech Regular

We are now running VTA here at Eclipse Hobbies and Raceway in Bradley, IL just south of Chicago. Visit www.eclipsehobbies.com and our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/eclipse.hobbies?ref=tn_tnmn

See ya there
Ch3no2Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #3503
Suspended

very nice thanks for sharing

Don't Worry Be Happy..
brett546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #3504
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Me?

I dont own a VTA car at this time but April is a long way away.....I might be able to find one or borrow one by then we will see.
okay cool
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #3505
Tech Addict

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I have questions...

NOT COUNTING CLUB RACING - Due to the fact that club racing is fairly loose, rules wise, depending upon the particular track and race director.

This is for MAJOR EVENTS that use the USVTA Rules in their race program.

For the purpose of this discussion, a MAJOR EVENT is defined as SOUTHERN NATIONALS, SCALE NATIONALS, etc., in which USVTA Rules (not ROAR Rules) govern that particular class of the race venue contained in the event's program.

I have not see any of these subjects covered in the USVTA Rules, as the rules are posted as of today's date, or mentioned anywhere in either of the two USVTA threads, as yet.

What happens if:

A) A driver's car experiences a catastrophic episode in which the car is no longer functioning properly enough to continue racing =

Is the driver allowed a substitute car?

If the answer is no, as I'm guessing that it is... Read on.

This gets sort of a tricky because at what point of repair/replacement is it determined that the completed repair/replacement of damaged parts constitute a substitute car.

EXAMPLE:
Let's just say - - - A driver's radio suffers a catastrophic episode, his (or her) car takes a full blown Buckaroo Banzai header into a cinder block wall at the end of the straight and the incident destroys the upper deck, the chassis, most all of the steering components and front suspension, the body, transponder and ESC...

However, the driver has enough spare parts to repair/replace what is damaged. Actually, the driver has a complete duplicate car... and spare parts.

What is the % of parts/components of the original car entered in the event/race is required to maintain the integrity of what determines the "entered" car.

Or to put it another way; At what point of repair/replacement is it determined that the completed repair/replacement constitutes a substitute car.

AND

What happens if:

B) A driver experiences a catastrophic episode (medical, mental, other) after making his (or her) entry and beginning a segment of the race (for the purpose of discussion, a segment will include pre-race practice) in which the driver is no longer functioning properly enough to continue racing -

Is a substitute driver allowed?

Keeping in mind that in 1:1 TA racing a substitute driver is (more than likely) allowed.

EXAMPLE:
A driver has a heart attack, stroke, slip on a bar of soap, breaks a leg, breaks an arm, etc... after making entry, on his way to the driver's stand for practice or heat/main and is no longer functioning properly enough to continue -

May a substitute driver take over?

AND FINALLY:

C) May a driver make more than one entry in a single USVTA class MAJOR EVENT/race?
Same driver / two different cars / two separate entries.

Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #3506
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think you may take toy car racing a little too seriously if those are actually questions that you think need to be addressed in the rules.
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #3507
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I have questions...

NOT COUNTING CLUB RACING - Due to the fact that club racing is fairly loose, rules wise, depending upon the particular track and race director.

This is for MAJOR EVENTS that use the USVTA Rules in their race program.

For the purpose of this discussion, a MAJOR EVENT is defined as SOUTHERN NATIONALS, SCALE NATIONALS, etc., in which USVTA Rules (not ROAR Rules) govern that particular class of the race venue contained in the event's program.

I have not see any of these subjects covered in the USVTA Rules, as the rules are posted as of today's date, or mentioned anywhere in either of the two USVTA threads, as yet.

What happens if:

A) A driver's car experiences a catastrophic episode in which the car is no longer functioning properly enough to continue racing =

Is the driver allowed a substitute car?

If the answer is no, as I'm guessing that it is... Read on.

This gets sort of a tricky because at what point of repair/replacement is it determined that the completed repair/replacement of damaged parts constitute a substitute car.

EXAMPLE:
Let's just say - - - A driver's radio suffers a catastrophic episode, his (or her) car takes a full blown Buckaroo Banzai header into a cinder block wall at the end of the straight and the incident destroys the upper deck, the chassis, most all of the steering components and front suspension, the body, transponder and ESC...

However, the driver has enough spare parts to repair/replace what is damaged. Actually, the driver has a complete duplicate car... and spare parts.

What is the % of parts/components of the original car entered in the event/race is required to maintain the integrity of what determines the "entered" car.

Or to put it another way; At what point of repair/replacement is it determined that the completed repair/replacement constitutes a substitute car.

AND

What happens if:

B) A driver experiences a catastrophic episode (medical, mental, other) after making his (or her) entry and beginning a segment of the race (for the purpose of discussion, a segment will include pre-race practice) in which the driver is no longer functioning properly enough to continue racing -

Is a substitute driver allowed?

Keeping in mind that in 1:1 TA racing a substitute driver is (more than likely) allowed.

EXAMPLE:
A driver has a heart attack, stroke, slip on a bar of soap, breaks a leg, breaks an arm, etc... after making entry, on his way to the driver's stand for practice or heat/main and is no longer functioning properly enough to continue -

May a substitute driver take over?

AND FINALLY:

C) May a driver make more than one entry in a single USVTA class MAJOR EVENT/race?
Same driver / two different cars / two separate entries.

1 yes
2 no
3 no
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #3508
Tech Initiate

my take would be as follows...

A) If the back up car is within the rules, who cares?
B) If a driver has a heart attack on the stand, I really think the last thing he's worried about is a sub driver for his toy car...but it would be cool of the promoter to offer him a refund for the event.
C)How is the same guy going to run two cars in the same heat/main?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #3509
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx4vta View Post
Easy, just have both RXs linked to the same radio
Old 12-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #3510
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx4vta View Post
my take would be as follows...

A) If the back up car is within the rules, who cares?
B) If a driver has a heart attack on the stand, I really think the last thing he's worried about is a sub driver for his toy car...but it would be cool of the promoter to offer him a refund for the event.
The only stupid question I remember ever asking (and I only asked it once) was, "Will you marry me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
1 yes
2 no
3 no
Good answers.
Short and to the point.
Not much compassion for a "fallen" driver, but that's racing.
Thank you.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote