R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #3256
Tech Elite

As one who attended the 2012 Paved Nats, I too was disappointed with the VTA entries. But, I think it had more to do with the $85 entry fee and $30 pit spot reserve than running under ROAR rules.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #3257
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that too...that could be a very big factor as well...and I understand that
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #3258
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Speaking of crazy entry fees, are any VTA guys on here going to the Snowbirds this year?
bertottius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #3259
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertottius View Post
Speaking of crazy entry fees, are any VTA guys on here going to the Snowbirds this year?
Yes sir
And yes crazy entry is correct
And I'm wondering if USVTA racers are going to out number VTA
If that makes any sense lol
see you all then
Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #3260
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytowin View Post
As one who attended the 2012 Paved Nats, I too was disappointed with the VTA entries. But, I think it had more to do with the $85 entry fee and $30 pit spot reserve than running under ROAR rules.
+1 on the $85.00 fee. I think that does more to dissuade local racers + the fact that you HAVE to be a ROAR member to run a ROAR National event so there is the $25.00 membership fee on top of the $85.00 race fee.
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #3261
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Part of the reason the low attendance for "big" races of any stripe is that a lot of guys who are VTA racers just don't want to do 3 - 4 -5 day races. I know fees and other issues play into this but that is a lot of it. As it was pointed out, the turnout for VTA was very good 2 weeks before the roar race, but these guys never seem to turn out for the multiple day races. I have no problem with that, as everyone has their schedules and commitments. I just think vta attracts a more casual racer in many instances.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #3262
Tech Champion

Hey Pete, Snowbirds is USVTA, no guess work.

But all these points are a factor. I hope the carpet nats gets 50 USVTA cars and is once again won by one
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #3263
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I want to go to the Snowbirds this year sooooo bad. Pete, I want to battle it out with you again haha. I need to somehow make that happen. It just seems that with travel, hotel, food, entry, and car prep, it will just be too much money and too much time off work for me to make it probably. Maybe I can prepare in advance for the 2014 Snowbirds.
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #3264
Tech Champion

Snowbirds isnt so bad on the pocket if you roll out a budget and stick with it...room sharing, carpooling and of course go for fun....

I made the week long trip with the family(4), rd trip air,rental car, hotel and entry under $1500...thats pretty cheap for a week in FL in Jan-Feb..

Look into some options incl other guys going to save as well...
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #3265
Tech Regular

I don't see a problem with the entry fee's . This will help keep the racing clean . $85 might scare off some of the rougher racers or bashers .
PRODURANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #3266
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
Hopefully no one is dissuaded from going becuase of the ROAR vta rules instead of USVTA rules.

I ran second to Tony P at the carpet nats. my car was not USVTA legal. I ran a LRP SXXv2 in blinky mode and a revtech 6500 65C battery.

Me and Tony were dead even on lap times, in speed on the straights, and in the infield. Hell, TQ was set by less than a tenth of a second between the 2 of us. Our cars were identical.

In the end, he drove a cleaner race than I did and deserved to win. Everyone looks to be worried about blinky speedos and big batteries at ROAR races, but i can tell you first hand, it does not matter. The 25.5 can only pull so much power, and its gonna be the same if you have a old GTB and 25c battery, or a SXXv2 and 65c battery.

Myron can attest to my driving ability, its not that my car was faster and i wasnt as fast of a driver. It was two cars identical speed seeing who could be closer to perfect for 8 minutes, just how a race should be decided.
Just think how big VTA could be if we would be able to run ROAR rules ! Why should we have to buy only Navak sub par electronics to run our cars ? Blinky mode has the same power and speed but with the option to move up to a GTA class car with out buying more electronics ! As far as the battery rules they are good for NICAD and NMH cells , lipos can only give you the power that the motor draws . 25.5 motor will never benefit from a 50, 60 or higher C rated pack .
PRODURANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #3267
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODURANGO View Post
I don't see a problem with the entry fee's . This will help keep the racing clean . $85 might scare off some of the rougher racers or bashers .
that might hold water...but you still got to see that $85 is alot to the average racer thats normally pays $20 entry weekly...

and more importantly this is why the 2 major USVTA National events are priced lower, and its an event all about USVTA...its not the under card...its the MAIN EVENT...lol..

Im not sure what will need to be done to help the attendance, other than the local support from the USVTA racers to come out and take over the event with plenty of competition for any ROAR VTA car.

I know if the Carpet Nats was held here, USVTA would be all over the place and dominate the event..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #3268
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Just think how big VTA could be if we would be able to run ROAR rules ! Why should we have to buy only Navak sub par electronics to run our cars ? Blinky mode has the same power and speed but with the option to move up to a GTA class car with out buying more electronics ! As far as the battery rules they are good for NICAD and NMH cells , lipos can only give you the power that the motor draws . 25.5 motor will never benefit from a 50, 60 or higher C rated pack .
Convince your track to run roar rules and you can ditch all the "sub par" equipment.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #3269
Tech Champion

Quote:
the legal USVTA esc, and motor with a stator change can be run in any blinky class...so $35 stator will get you running GT or TC, or even mod...

as far as how big...simple answer, none of the TC wars that are in play today..and take a look at the pics from the Scale and Southern Nationals

more USVTA cars than any race...thats not an accident, its because of the USVTA rules...
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-p1020100.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-81e8a67fff3751c51b3d5fcb347e2e54_4135.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-entries-.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-usvta_2009_002.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-img_3064.jpg  

Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #3270
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
the legal USVTA esc, and motor with a stator change can be run in any blinky class...so $35 stator will get you running GT or TC, or even mod...

as far as how big...simple answer, none of the TC wars that are in play today..and take a look at the pics from the Scale and Southern Nationals

more USVTA cars than any race...thats not an accident, its because of the USVTA rules...
So how come your posting pictures of the 2011 VTA Southern Nats and not the record breaking 2012 VTA Southern Nats?
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote