R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #2776
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,671
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA View Post

thats a good point...and plenty to choice from...but alot of guys like brand X or Z, and the same way these esc's got on the list....its only fair if a company is looking to add to the USVTA, we should look at it as a possible.

I am cool with the current list, but being a AE guy, I would love to have a LRP esc on the list...but after testing what they sent(more than 1)...its ZERO for LRP at this time other than the 2 already on the list...and trust me thats a real problem for me...but as much as I love being AE, Im just as much a USVTA guy...and see this as fair as fair can be.

We can add esc's as long as they meet the USVTA standards...so once again Tekin,Orion, and others can get onboard the USVTA wagon
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #2777
Tech Addict
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I was in this race with Pete and what he did not mention is that this particular driver came from almost being lapped by me in third to all of a sudden pull away from me and in 4 or 5 laps was on my rear bumper trying for third. Was obvious to quite a few people that his car was more than likely boosted. Sorry to tell ya this Pete but this was not his first VTA race. He was at the first race at my track in plant city and was told then he had to remove that esc from the car for the next race. We will just have to make sure at the next one to get with Tim and make sure that don"t happen again.
__________________
Richard Carpenter
SPEEDZONE Batteries Team Driver
BMI Team Driver
2014 F.E.D.S. Mod Sprint and Sportsman Late Model Champion
2013 FSERA World GT State Champion
shadowracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #2778
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

is that hobbywing esc any good. I was thinking of getting one? also is there a big difference between using esc timing and motor timing? why not get rid of all timing?
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #2779
Tech Addict
 
5th wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 600
Default

WOW Guys just have some fun in vta and don't worry about the small stuff.
5th wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #2780
Tech Regular
 
SS LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Same here. But its like watching two trains on the same track headed towards one another. You know what's going to happen but its hard not to watch.
Not much to say but Woo Woo!
SS LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #2781
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,073
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
I hope the Orion R10 stock will get tested and approved for the vta esc list.
I probably wouldn't put too much hope into seeing it approved. It can be updated via PC to mod non-blinky software:

http://www.teamorion.com/images/prod...5120_setup.pdf
__________________
Speedpassion : Speedpower : East Coast Bodies
thunderbt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #2782
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS LS1 View Post
Not much to say but Woo Woo!
Roflmao
ALL abord next stop battery limit street
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #2783
Tech Master
 
Jerz616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
I probably wouldn't put too much hope into seeing it approved. It can be updated via PC to mod non-blinky software:

http://www.teamorion.com/images/prod...5120_setup.pdf
Not that I think we really need anymore esc's, but I run the R10 pro RACE model in blinky sedan and it cant be changed at all except for the same stuff the others can. I also have the hobbywing justock, and the R1o pro race has the same adjustments available. No chance for any timing added at all.
__________________
Ryan Gracey

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #2784
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: On the edge
Posts: 65
Default

Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
-Dutch- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #2785
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
Because only one set is legal and everyone knows it
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #2786
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: On the edge
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
Because only one set is legal and everyone knows it

I would assume that the same applies to the ESCs, the motor, the batteries, the chassis and the bodies as well.

My point has been made.

Thank you.
-Dutch- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #2787
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
People do. Reading half a dozen pages of the "2nd" USVTA thread just does not go back far enough. When HPI couldn't keep up with demand, there were tons of people trying to jump ship and find other options. Even now, there are questions as to how much tread is required to be "legal". There was also the debate a week or so ago about how to treat the tires, and what was approved and not. Trust me, every part of VTA has been debated...including paint jobs and drivers figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
I would assume that the same applies to the ESCs, the motor, the batteries, the chassis and the bodies as well.

My point has been made.

Thank you.
Your point has been countered. Also keep in mind, that you do not have the variety in tires that you do electronics, batteries, or chassis' as far as their performance (an HPI vintage tire performs pretty much the same as every other vintage tire...not so with motors, batteries, etc). Let me know when you see a set of HPI rims go up in a puff of smoke for no reason.

I appreciate the point you are trying to make, but unfortunately it does not hold water. By your logic, we should have 1 option for everything. VTA is not about being a spec class (though it very much is one), it is a class to help revitalize onroad RC. You can dig up any old chassis, use a number of inexpensive electronics, through a realistic old school vintage body on it, and go racing. No jelly bean bodies, mod speed intimidation, or flavor of the month electronics. It is supposed to be about similar speed cars where driver skill and luck rule the day. Not saying it always is, but that is the intention.

The disagreements that happen here are because people care about the class. When people stop complaining (in any form or RC this is true), it is because VTA is dead...and that is much much worse.
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #2788
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA View Post
We don't need any more stinking ESC's. There are already 14 to pick from.
Who are you to decide how many esc's should be approved, just because you picked a rediculouse screen name doesnt meen your oppinion is any better or more important than anyone elses.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #2789
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,822
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

For the Florida guys- talk is cheap lets get ready to rumble this coming Sunday at Minregg (At the Turkey Shoot).Been waiting a month to race.Just curious who that guy is that Pete is talking about.I'll bring my printed rules with me .
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #2790
Tech Addict
 
bigcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I have a question but I have a ASSC. t4 and run it in VTA it is all stock and was wonder if there are and chassis mods out there like a whole new carbon set up.
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0