Old 11-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #2731
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
So really your just running a restricted USGT class. Not a VTA class

USGT Class Rules and Specifications
Chassis Specification:
Any 1/10 4wd or Fwd sedan with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Weight Specification:
4wd 1450g weight Fwd 1200g weight

Body Specifications:
Any 190mm or 200mm body. Body can be any body that is NOT on the ROAR T2 body list. FWD encouraged to use FWD bodies However, Can AM or IMSA style bodies, similar to 1/12 or 1/8 bodies are also discouraged NO Trucks
Any "SCALE" molded wings can be used. Lexan wings 10mm maximum height / side dam height
Scale type race liveries encouraged

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
Tires-Any treaded (non slick) non belted rubber tire available 24 or 26mm. Removing belts from belted tires is not allowed. Must used a non-molded (ex. open cell foam) insert or no insert. Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed.
Wheels- Any 24 or 26mm spoke (non-dish) type wheel

While the above is the ideal for this class, a track, event, or series may approve a premounted tire, slick tires being acceptable. A spoked wheel is encouraged if possible for premounted tires

Ride Height Specification:
Minimum ride height is 5mm.

Motor Specifications:
21.5 + 2s lipo batteries No tuning rotors, must use OEM rotor 12.3-12.5mm

Approved ESCs:
ESC ROAR approved spec software or USVTA list

Race Specification:
6 minute qualifiers
8 minute mains

Battery Specifications:
ROAR approved hard case batteries
If it requires VTA spec tires and VTA bodies, I'd consider it a VTA class.

-melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #2732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
If it requires VTA spec tires and VTA bodies, I'd consider it a VTA class.

-melon
Both are legal in USGT so its still just a restricted USGT class. None of the other stuff is legal in USVTA....Notice the title of the thread
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #2733
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Both are legal in USGT so its still just a restricted USGT class. None of the other stuff is legal in USVTA....Notice the title of the thread
Semantics. Maybe it's an less restricted USVTA class? My only point was just because it doesn't follow the USVTA rules to a T, doesn't make it any less of a vintage class. Remember, what makes this class "vintage" isn't anything BUT the body, wheels and tires.

...but just for giggles, wouldn't the 31mm rear VTA wheels not be legal in USGT?

But I digress. You are very much correct in regards to the title of the thread. I wish everyone good luck with however they choose to run their respective race programs.

-melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #2734
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
Semantics. Maybe it's an less restricted USVTA class? My only point was just because it doesn't follow the USVTA rules to a T, doesn't make it any less of a vintage class. Remember, what makes this class "vintage" isn't anything BUT the body, wheels and tires.

...but just for giggles, wouldn't the 31mm rear VTA wheels not be legal in USGT?

But I digress. You are very much correct in regards to the title of the thread. I wish everyone good luck with however they choose to run their respective race programs.

-melon

Can run fronts on all 4 wheels and would be legal in USGT.

Its no wonder why very little companies take USVTA seriously when the racers cant even just follow the simple rules, and just do what they want.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #2735
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Watch the video below of the A-Main from Indy R/C Raceway from last night (11/16/12). White Camaro is a TC3 with an aftermarket carbon fiber double deck chassis. Orange Camaro is a TC3 with stock chassis and plastic diffs. Both cars out-performed good drivers with newer chassis.

The reason the racing was so close is because the current rules work. Top 5 cars in qualifying were all different chassis, battery, speed control and the end result was we all had fast laps within tenths of each other.

Enjoy the video - and above all, get out to the track and race!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #2736
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
Watch the video below of the A-Main from Indy R/C Raceway from last night (11/16/12). White Camaro is a TC3 with an aftermarket carbon fiber double deck chassis. Orange Camaro is a TC3 with stock chassis and plastic diffs. Both cars out-performed good drivers with newer chassis.

The reason the racing was so close is because the current rules work. Top 5 cars in qualifying were all different chassis, battery, speed control and the end result was we all had fast laps within tenths of each other.
Just curious, how come you guys only run a 7 min main race? And what is the size of that track?
SS LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #2737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Biggest turnout yet, 12 cars for a VTA main and clean racing all day. Main had sloppy points, but with 12 cars on that track it can get crowded.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

someone tell me how to make the video clickable in the forum, please? I tried but no success

Last edited by oceanhighz; 11-18-2012 at 08:41 AM.
oceanhighz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #2738
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanhighz View Post

someone tell me how to make the video clickable in the forum, please? I tried but no success
YouYube is goofy. They have multiple addresses for their videos. The one you used is their "embedded" address. You need the basic original address to get it to display and play right in this forum. The easiest way to get it is to go to the video on YouTube. Then search for the video again in their search window. Just cut and paste the title. When you find it that way, you will see the URL address is much more simple and short. THAT is the address you use in the RCTech forum button shortcut. It should display and play properly then. I know, what a pain. But we all like to watch them!
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #2739
Tech Elite

thanks, much better
Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #2740
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ROAR rules have been updated to 25.5 motors. They allow any ROAR blinky esc and any 25.5 ROAR motor, no mAh limit. Unfortunately, the new rule book has not been published. The last ROAR nats were run to these rules, so I can tell you that is the rule set they are using.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #2741
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
ROAR rules have been updated to 25.5 motors. They allow any ROAR blinky esc and any 25.5 ROAR motor, no mAh limit. Unfortunately, the new rule book has not been published. The last ROAR nats were run to these rules, so I can tell you that is the rule set they are using.
We appreciate all of the work that you do both as keeper of the USVTA set of rules and as advisor and liason for the development of the ROAR friendly version of the rules. You da man!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #2742
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanhighz View Post
Biggest turnout yet, 12 cars for a VTA main and clean racing all day. Main had sloppy points, but with 12 cars on that track it can get crowded.

+ YouTube Video

thats about the size of our track and its get s crazy with 6 cars...looks like fun though
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #2743
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
what is their weight ? sorry for the roar questions, i can't find crap on their site.

Rob also sending you a PM
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #2744
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue119 View Post
thats about the size of our track and its get s crazy with 6 cars...looks like fun though
It can be crazy, but I know for sure that was a good race and clean throughout. I had catastrophic failure at about the 6 minute mark and pulled it in front of the driver stand, and then tried to make one more lap, trying to see if something was just wonky. After the race, I had my front shock tower broken, it was late, haven't had a chance to look it over yet more thoroughly.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #2745
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
what is their weight ? sorry for the roar questions, i can't find crap on their site.

Rob also sending you a PM
Check your PM's
Brooksphotodesign.net