R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #2686
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
http://www.rcdriver.com/rcd/index.ph...2e-touring-ar/

I know this will stir the pot, but I really like the idea of RWD VTA cars Maybe spec USVTA?

-melon
+1 ... same thing with SCT i hate that they came out with 4wd....

take a belt of and try it sometime for shits and giggles
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #2687
Tech Adept
 
DontChangeUSVTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Colinas, TX
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue119 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
http://www.rcdriver.com/rcd/index.ph...2e-touring-ar/

I know this will stir the pot, but I really like the idea of RWD VTA cars Maybe spec USVTA?

-melon
+1 ... same thing with SCT i hate that they came out with 4wd....

take a belt of and try it sometime for shits and giggles
This is a very very ....
__________________
There is no need to change USVTA Rules. They are working great!
USVTA is why I started into this R/C hobby. I love it!
Spec-R R1 - HPI #17519 1966 Mustang GT - Novak Ballistic - HobbyWing Justock ESC
HPI Racing Vintage 8-Spoke Wheels and Tires - Team EAM 5000mah 70C Lipo Battery
DontChangeUSVTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #2688
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Why is it a bad idea? it would be mroe realistic and rwd only is very fun to watch in any class
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #2689
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Because the amounts of them made is low. Not to mention Thunder Tiger is low end RC. Yeah it would be "more realistic" but just not plausible
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #2690
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

A rear-wheel-drive car with low grip rubber VTA tires makes a very good drift car. It would absolutely stink at racing in VTA. All the 4wd VTA sedans would run circles around a RWD VTA car.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #2691
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

you wouldnt race them together..thats what turned me off sct racing..they allowed 2wd and 4wd to run together...

and you wouldnt have to run that kit any vehicle can be made into 2wd...

oh well the world will end on dec 21st so no time anyways
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #2692
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,400
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

That car is not very interesting.

What would be cool would be a straight axle car with a drive shaft. You could build one from crawler parts...









__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #2693
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
That car is not very interesting.

What would be cool would be a straight axle car with a drive shaft. You could build one from crawler parts...
Well, for the sake of scale realism and authenticity, we should have a fully functional, true scale V8 engine just like the one in this GizMag article.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #2694
Tech Adept
 
rcsuicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Well, for the sake of scale realism and authenticity, we should have a fully functional, true scale V8 engine just like the one in this GizMag article.
That motor is way too big! Here an article about a V12 that's a little bit smaller ... http://www.gizmag.com/spanish-engine...-engine/20636/
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #2695
Tech Fanatic
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
That car is not very interesting.

What would be cool would be a straight axle car with a drive shaft. You could build one from crawler parts...
I support this effort!
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #2696
Tech Fanatic
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://www.radshaperc.com/Stealth/stealth.html



This one is a little more realistic Normal front suspension and live axle!

-melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #2697
Tech Elite
 
mkiiina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 2,316
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Look at the sedan and 1/12 scale classes. Splitting the same racers across more classes will only dilute things.

Want to run a 2wd? Check out WGT!
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #2698
Tech Addict
 
alloyslash's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I bought a T3'12 this week for GT and want to run it in VTA this sunday. I want to see if I'll like it enuf to get another one just for my VTA car and get rid of my T2'07. Can anyone give me some setup advice or link me to a good setup sheet? I'm waiting on my GT motor to come in, and I am dying to run the '12.
__________________
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Cooper D4SS 17.5 / EAM 5000 / Futaba 9551 / 17.5lm
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Bullet 13.5 / EAM 5000 / Savox 1251 / 13.5 Pro EDM

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #2699
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up My rant lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
Look at the sedan and 1/12 scale classes. Splitting the same racers across more classes will only dilute things.

Want to run a 2wd? Check out WGT!
+1
Sorry guys but I have to agree with this
The class is just starting to get the recognition it deserves !
And has worked so hard to get ! changing things now will
Just invite more skepticism about how it changes so often and
How it's never gonna last
Just my 2cents

As far as the rules being hard to fallow but excuse me if I'm blunt
You would have to be a complete (;$:&/@-?,!. To screw them up...
0 pick a TC you like or HAVE
1 pick a body off the list that you like
2 pick a ESC off the list that you like
3 pick a battrey pack that you like as long as its 5000 or less mah
4 motor you have no choice Novak 25.5
5 tires you have no choice HPI 4797 rear 4793 front
6 pick rims that YOU LIKE that fit these tires
7 car must weigh 1550 grams with all this stuff that YOU LIKE in it .
8 go race at a track THAT YOU LIKE ...that will tell you driver figure or not
Tire sauce or not

I'm sorry but what is so hard about this
Unless your doing some stupid s#!t to your tires / motors / batteries
It's Pretty simple

Now some of you are probley gonna just flame away but you know what
Go for it not like this THRED is missing any drama these days about
How we shouldn't change or should
I'm simply just stating the Obvious
End result is
This is the way it is and we all have to do it

OR NOT !!!!!!!!
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #2700
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
+1
Sorry guys but I have to agree with this
The class is just starting to get the recognition it deserves !
And has worked so hard to get ! changing things now will
Just invite more skepticism about how it changes so often and
How it's never gonna last
Just my 2cents

As far as the rules being hard to fallow but excuse me if I'm blunt
You would have to be a complete (;$:&/@-?,!. To screw them up...
0 pick a TC you like or HAVE
1 pick a body off the list that you like
2 pick a ESC off the list that you like
3 pick a battrey pack that you like as long as its 5000 or less mah
4 motor you have no choice Novak 25.5
5 tires you have no choice HPI 4797 rear 4793 front
6 pick rims that YOU LIKE that fit these tires
7 car must weigh 1550 grams with all this stuff that YOU LIKE in it .
8 go race at a track THAT YOU LIKE ...that will tell you driver figure or not
Tire sauce or not

I'm sorry but what is so hard about this
Unless your doing some stupid s#!t to your tires / motors / batteries
It's Pretty simple

Now some of you are probley gonna just flame away but you know what
Go for it not like this THRED is missing any drama these days about
How we shouldn't change or should
I'm simply just stating the Obvious
End result is
This is the way it is and we all have to do it

OR NOT !!!!!!!!
+1 Its really this easy to have fun
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0