R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #2416
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,822
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

That's what I raced in Daytona Pete.The only 2 cell I own.The car ran great and had plenty of power if you recall.
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #2417
Tech Master
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,018
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Speaking of which...

October has come and gone. I thought you were gonna get things going at Hobby Town last month. I sent you a PM but maybe you missed it...

And didn't you guys just run 17.5 motors when you first started? And i think i remember seeing a pan car mixed in with those TCs.

Speaking of "REAL."

I've seen two, "REAL" onroad programs, come and go since i moved here. Since "FAKE" is the opposite of "REAL," I've been able to participate in a "FAKE" program off and on for the past 4 or 5 years.

REAL or FAKE, can't somone get their $#!+ together long enough to allow people to enjoy a hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
+ 1 that's great I'm very happy to see this as well
Makes it easy for REAL race programs/clubs or tracks to
Tech the class
You know back when we ran the FIRST VTA race in the state of FLORIDA
For the state series. http://www.usvintagetransam.com/gallery/index.html
the rules were a bit loose and we tried to tech it as much
As possible
So much easier now
I remember all the cars going through tech to get their FDR checked
Man did that take forever
Now at big races we just look in see a 5000 pack approved speedo 1550 on the scale and maybe a voltage check and off you go
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #2418
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Well Good Morning grumpy !! Just kidding Peej.
Speaking for our club I can only say that my worst enemy is finances. It was my decision NOT to pursue charging people until we had a good core group of drivers and that was a mistake.
I actually thought we'd get some support from the local hobby shop and THAT was another mistake. As it turned out, they affected the financial problem even more by competing against us. Simply put, there's not 500 drivers in the area just waiting for a track. Even now the number of VTA racers is still small. To try and keep a program moving when the existing small numbers are split just made it hard to keep things going. Especially when we were still trying to run twice a month.
Bottom line, we're still here , we still have our location, we still want to be a club and now we learned some lessons. So now we get back to being involved with VTA with all the enthusiasm we had before and concentrate on what we do best.....HAVE FUN. We're REAL and we'll share real fun with anybody who wants to get involved.
Lastly, THANKS for your continued support. I know sometimes gas money alone would be reason enough for you to stop showing up but you've hung in there. It IS appreciated. I'm still gonna charge you to race though !!
Now stop bothering me...I gotta build a Schumacher !! I'll see you in a few days.

Last edited by Evoracer; 11-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #2419
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
I had them on my USGT car that weekend! Does that count?

Seriously, everytime I run that car, I say to myself, "I should do that on my VTA car." But, then I get home and forget about it. Adding lights is so easy to do, and adds big time cool factor too.
I like lights. I dont do them on every shell, but I almost always mask out the lights incase I want to add them later. I just wish there were buckets available for the VTA shells. Or a universal kit of some sort.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #2420
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know if the original TA racers had lights of any kind ? I'm pretty sure the headlights were removed. How about tail lights ??
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #2421
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Well Good Morning grumpy !! Just kidding Peej.
Speaking for our club I can only say that my worst enemy is finances. It was my decision NOT to pursue charging people until we had a good core group of drivers and that was a mistake.
I actually thought we'd get some support from the local hobby shop and THAT was another mistake. As it turned out, they affected the financial problem even more by competing against us. Simply put, there's not 500 drivers in the area just waiting for a track. Even now the number of VTA racers is still small. To try and keep a program moving when the existing small numbers are split just made it hard to keep things going. Especially when we were still trying to run twice a month.
Bottom line, we're still here , we still have our location, we still want to be a club and now we learned some lessons. So now we get back to being involved with VTA with all the enthusiasm we had before and concentrate on what we do best.....HAVE FUN. We're REAL and we'll share real fun with anybody who wants to get involved.
Lastly, THANKS for your continued support. I know sometimes gas money alone would be reason enough for you to stop showing up but you've hung in there. It IS appreciated. I'm still gonna charge you to race though !!
Now stop bothering me...I gotta build a Schumacher !! I'll see you in a few days.
I had a taste of this myself trying to get racing going in LaFAyette. GA. We had an awesome opportunity and got some guys together to build a track from an abandoned tennis court in the middle of a city park. The venue was beautiful and we had lots of great conversations with folks that were just out enjoying the park. There were tennis courts nearby, and a playground right behind the track. You could hear the chatter of children and families and occasionally you could smell barbque. It was paradise. But it was in the middle of nowhere. Locals were not getting on board with racing, and the guys that were supporting it were driving some distance to get there. An array of health problems, financial problems and general scattering of priorities just made it impossible to continue. I may try again someday, but my ducks will be more organized, and better financed.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #2422
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Anybody know if the original TA racers had lights of any kind ? I'm pretty sure the headlights were removed. How about tail lights ??
Yeah I'm pretty sure that you are dead on with that one. Just about all of the pics I see have the light bezels plugged or used for an air intake. Which means those of us who want lights in VTA are going out of our way to make the car less realistic. Boooooooooooooo!!!!!

I still like lights.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #2423
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

We're gonna have to look at some pics Snoop. Although most racing classes frown on broken lenses when crashes occur, in those days It might've been different. I think brake lights would be very cool.
Thanks for your comments on the club situation.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #2424
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Anybody know if the original TA racers had lights of any kind ? I'm pretty sure the headlights were removed. How about tail lights ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure that you are dead on with that one. Just about all of the pics I see have the light bezels plugged or used for an air intake. Which means those of us who want lights in VTA are going out of our way to make the car less realistic. Boooooooooooooo!!!!!

I still like lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
We're gonna have to look at some pics Snoop. Although most racing classes frown on broken lenses when crashes occur, in those days It might've been different. I think brake lights would be very cool.
Thanks for your comments on the club situation.
SCCA A/B Sedan (pre-1966) and Trans Am (1966 & up) either ran taped lights or no headlights but always left the buckets for night racing. Some of the SCCA events were 12 hour events but I do not know of they every ran the 24 hours of Daytona as a Trans-Am event. While they did run tail light lenses, don't know if they were wired as most of the cars were stripped for weight savings.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA

Last edited by GP40X; 11-03-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Fumble fingers, I can spell, I just can't type
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #2425
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
Speaking of which...

October has come and gone. I thought you were gonna get things going at Hobby Town last month. I sent you a PM but maybe you missed it...

And didn't you guys just run 17.5 motors when you first started? And i think i remember seeing a pan car mixed in with those TCs.

Speaking of "REAL."

I've seen two, "REAL" onroad programs, come and go since i moved here. Since "FAKE" is the opposite of "REAL," I've been able to participate in a "FAKE" program off and on for the past 4 or 5 years.

REAL or FAKE, can't somone get their $#!+ together long enough to allow people to enjoy a hobby?
You can take your REAL self over to HT and tell them your problems
I tried to put back together a program but the only way they wanted
Was to put down a track and PLAY not race
Then cause all the cry babies that got whooped around or broke their cars
Would piss and moan about that
They didn't want to let REAL\ GOOD racers from out of town
Race so when I say A REAL program
I'm talking about one that tech and has a real race kind of like the nationals or regionals
Not about what you or any other posers are doing
And yea I got you pm I ignored it cause to be honest I have
Better thing to do with my time then to try and hold hands
With a bunch of misfit cry babies
I much rather go to REAL races then try to run fake races
How's that for REAL
And what difference does a pan car make or not so what
We tried all other options and at least we did it and let them 2 guys
Stay and race not say go away you don't have the correct gear
If you all want to blow your own horn about real rule racing
And that you started it and how you did this and how you did that
And the true club environment better then the typical pay to race
If your gonn dish it out you better be ready to take it pal cause I don't
Sugar coat any thing I KEEP IT REAL lmao
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #2426
Tech Master
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,018
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

...and hows that for representing VTA ladies and gentleman.

LMAO
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #2427
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
...and hows that for representing VTA ladies and gentleman.

LMAO
You have pm on it's way
And this is in no way has any thing to do with representing VTA
This was aimed at you and your buddy that's all
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 11-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #2428
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

you guys need hugs.........
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #2429
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Yea around the neck with a rope

And to think I was only talking about a battery pack
And it turns into this SMH
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 11-03-2012 at 04:45 PM.
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #2430
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Wow, Now I finally understand what all that "Real racing" nonsense was about. I don't suppose the words, elitist, egomaniacal or pompous mean anything to you. You might as well just have shot down a large number of clubs around the country. If every local club had to live up to a regionals or nationals standard they wouldn't last long. Which apparently is good by some folks since they're not doing much racing buy they are doing a lot of driving.
You know, it would be a whole lot more productive if all that attitude were put to GOOD use instead of trying to bash grass roots efforts.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0