Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I drive well enough to put you a lap down...now what...lol
You're talking to an ROAR national a main back-marker right there!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's a video of our 1st Qualifier VTA race last night...
http://youtu.be/4evIrDK5nMk
Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You're talking to an ROAR national a main back-marker right there!
oh,he is no back-marker...he just didnt work on his VTA car...he should have brought that VTA National title home..."clean my bearings and 12.1"..

just be glad I didnt get the chance to come, cause Tony would have only came home with an F-1 Championship...
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
There's something I'd like to see clarification on. I'm reading the "Body provided deck lid spoilers allowed" rule to mean that only the spoiler included with a particular body is allowed. That would make putting a Cuda spoiler on a Mustang fastback illegal. It's the way I believe most tracks around here have translated it as well.

+1
Old 03-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
There's something I'd like to see clarification on. I'm reading the "Body provided deck lid spoilers allowed" rule to mean that only the spoiler included with a particular body is allowed. That would make putting a Cuda spoiler on a Mustang fastback illegal. It's the way I believe most tracks around here have translated it as well.
as long as the spoiler fits the same dimension as the pre-molded ones, you're fine...I've seen it at the USVTA Nationals last year and, like Darkside said, seen it run at other various tracks..

as long as it a SPOILER, and not a wing, you're fine...
Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here's a video of our 1st Qualifier VTA race last night...
http://youtu.be/4evIrDK5nMk
I like watching your videos when I can, but I just wish you'd get some close ups of the cars themselves before they race so we can get a better idea of what they look like. Not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
as long as the spoiler fits the same dimension as the pre-molded ones, you're fine...I've seen it at the USVTA Nationals last year and, like Darkside said, seen it run at other various tracks..

as long as it a SPOILER, and not a wing, you're fine...
I'm on the other side of this... surprised that it's up for discussion really(?) Why wouldn't "body provided" mean only if it actually comes WITH the body you're running it on?

On a side note, with the emphasis on scale realism that the rules generally encompass... wouldn't it just look downright stupid to have a Frankenbody? If that wasn't done (if it was, someone do correct me) in the actual Trans Am series years ago, why would that be legal here?

Rob??
Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

"Body provided deck lid spoilers allowed (not wings). No additional skirts or raised/extended wings or air control surfaces allowed. Body must be trimmed at body trim lines. Full rear bumper required. It is highly preferred that bodies are detailed in race type livery in period-correct paint schemes. Fluorescent colors, wild graphics, chromes and non-period correct paint schemes are frowned upon. All cars must have a number on the hood, both doors and trunk lid. Wheel covers of any type are NOT allowed.
All cars must include a driver figure consisting of at least a head and shoulders."

Its in plain English in the rules.....DECK LID SPOILER.......NOT WINGS. There is a difference between a Spoiler and a Wing. The Wing that comes with the mustang (GT350 for example) is NOT ALLOWED.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Its in plain English in the rules.....
Apparently not. What I'm getting out of this is that people are buying two different make and model bodies, and taking the spoiler from one and putting it on the other. How is that in the 'spirit of VTA' rules on any level? Not thrifty (and again, potentially silly looking.)
Old 03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Why is there CONSTANTLY an argument about this class? Its beyond ridiculous.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

From the USVTA rules:
HPI part numbers
17546 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (scale wing ok)

IMO. the addition of a Touring Car wing is NOT allowed. In the case of the '70 Mustang, it came with a wing, thusly it should be allowed.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

1. Because too many people try to compensate for lack of setup and driving ability by bending rules, outright cheating, or spending ridiculous amounts of money on toy cars to get even a slight perceived advantage? (and people of similar ability as well, of course.)

or

2. Any online discussion on any board on just about any topic is full of lots of nonsense with a handful of goodness?

It's a hobby for most, they're toy cars, don't forget the fun.

On a lot of levels, the bashers (frowned upon by many 'racers') are the normal ones in this hobby... just out to enjoy.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have seen the wings trimmed down until only a little deck spoiler remains. I will allow that on shells like the mustang that don't come with a spoiler, but it has to be as short as the spoiler on the other shells.

But Im just one track.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
But Im just one track.
There's the rub.. we have a set of posted rules, and how many tracks are doing the "Yes, but at our track we...." thing.

There's a happy medium in there that sorts itself out in just about every other onroad or offroad class... just seems like people go to extremes with the VTA thing. Whatever works on a local level to bring people in works for me, if you go to another track or to an event with posted rules.. it's on you to adapt. When those worlds (the "run what'cha brung" and "rule nazi") collide, it leads to all these fun discussions.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

It's either this or, "Free Bird" at the karaoke bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.