Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Difference between Futaba 3pk US and Asia version???? >

Difference between Futaba 3pk US and Asia version????

Difference between Futaba 3pk US and Asia version????

Old 01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
mxs
Tech Adept

Default Difference between Futaba 3pk US and Asia version????

Hi guys,

can somebody confirm whether this guy is just trying to unload his stuff or there's something true on what he says about the versions sold in US being superior. If it's true what's so different.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...951524110&rd=1

I know people who did buy from HKG, but I never heard from them that there would be something different as far as they radio goes. I can't imagine what it would be.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 09:34 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

Where is all the 3PK experts?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

I have been using the Megatech version (Asian version) for almost a year. My version does not come with charger or battery pack. Other than that, I don't find any difference in performance. I think the American version is also made in the same Asian factory which makes the Asian version. Just a different label (Magnum instead of Megatech and different bundle).
Old 01-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

There are no differences physically or otherwise between the 2 products. In fact they are identical except the name. The ONLY difference is in the WARRANTY. FUTABA USA will not do warranty work on MEGATECH. If you need your Megatech to be work on. You will have to pay for labor + parts etc..... If you want to find out, call Futaba or go to their website www.futaba-rc.com. Hope this shed some light to the issue. Here's their address:

The Futaba Service Center address is:

Futaba Service Center
3002 N. Apollo Drive, Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822

Telephone: 1-217-398-0007. Available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

FAX: 1-217-398-7721. Please be sure to include a daytime telephone number or return fax number so that we can contact you.

Email: Email us at [email protected]. Please try to include as much information as possible when asking your question. Also please be sure to list your full email address (ex: [email protected]) as well as at least one other means of daytime contact in your email.

Last edited by jeepnyy; 01-22-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MXS- I bought the Megatech while in Japan for the TCS Worlds in 02. Mine included the battery(700mah) but no charger. The only difference to US versions I have seen(felt) is that the steering return springs are lighter. We brought back 3-4 radios for others and they all had the lighter springs. I notice it now when I drive another persons car and do a double take.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
MXS- I bought the Megatech while in Japan for the TCS Worlds in 02. Mine included the battery(700mah) but no charger. The only difference to US versions I have seen(felt) is that the steering return springs are lighter. We brought back 3-4 radios for others and they all had the lighter springs. I notice it now when I drive another persons car and do a double take.
so where can I get that spring?
Old 01-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
but the spring rates for the steering is adjustable.
Maybe the Asian/japanese versions have a different preset tension than the Magnum version, but there is a screw near the steering wheel (check the manual) that can control the torsional stiffness or the steering. Unless of course you've already taken that into account, then my bad.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure on that side Lee. I have never adjusted or tried to stiffen it as I like the version/adjustment I have currently

John there you go instead of a sword get your radio back form Jack and try adjusting the tension