Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Back in the game... Got some ??? >

Back in the game... Got some ???

Back in the game... Got some ???

Old 03-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Back in the game... Got some ???

After being out of the r/c hobby for years, I decided to get back into the hobby and bought an AE TC6.1. So much has changed since then, I mean with all the new technology and stuff like lipos, radios and such. I'm mostly a basher, but if i find time in my busy schedual I would like to hit the track. So here are my questions:

1. I did a quick research and wanted to go with the Tekin RS Pro. However all of the six hobby shops in my area don't have them in stock. They also said they are in back order and don't know when they will receive them. They do have the LRP sxx v2. I know it's a good esc, but is it as good in performance when running sensored motors? Other suggestions are welcome.

2. Is Tekin coming out with a newer version of the RS Pro anytime soon? If so, I might just have to wait.

3. What's a good charger and what features I should be looking for? I'm looking for something not to expensive.., I should say best bang for your buck? I want to spend around $70, but if theres certain features I need, then I guess I'll have to.

Thanks and sorry for the long questions..., I feel like such a newb again.