R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   pro driver acting like a jerk (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/60819-pro-driver-acting-like-jerk.html)

bama 01-22-2005 09:31 AM

pro driver acting like a jerk

I was at So Cal yesterday getting ready for off-road. Over on the on-road track several cars where running since that track was open for practice including a couple of "drifters" This was my first time seeing RC versions of the drift cars. It was pretty cool seeing them slide around the track. The "regular" cars were obviously much faster but everyone was able to get around the "drifters" with little or no contact. Two PRO drivers were there, Brian Kinwald and Chris Tosolini. Lap after lap Brian would come up on the cars and slow down go by them with no problem. Unfortunately lap after lap Chris would hit one of the two cars. Finally Chris hit the back of one of the cars at full throttle at the end of the straight away causing quite a bit of damge to the "drifter". He's only words were "you shouldn't be out here while i'm practing. I'm not saying PRO drivers have to be Mr. Personality and go out of there way to talk to and spend time with average racers, but how are you supposed to represent a company and help sell it's products when you act like a jerk?

WVRACER 01-22-2005 09:43 AM

hapen to me befor too. have that guy write his sponsor and i bet it would get handeled quickly.

Entropy 01-22-2005 09:48 AM

Such behavior is not uncommon. Though sponsored drivers have the responsibility of being role models in driving and personality (not as important, but at the very least, on track personality).

Anyway, at my local track, everyone knows how to share the track, coz the drifters will rotate with the racers. So when all the racers have dumped their packs, the drifters will go out for their session while the racers are chillin with their cars.

About the only complaint has only been about some pvc dust but thats just a minor inconvenience.

Steve Bahnatka 01-22-2005 09:53 AM

I think that this has happened to every body at 1 time.

John Doucakis 01-22-2005 09:56 AM

I have no idea what kind of person Chris is, but I think it is unfair comming here and write something about someone when we don't know the story from both sides.

dstyles 01-22-2005 10:01 AM

:nod:

Charlie O 01-22-2005 10:01 AM

Typical pro mentality! they forget that they were beginners once, and that they have to share the track with everyone from beginner to pro, it is open practice! and he a has the ability and awareness to look ahead and be aware of whats going on on the track ahead of him, accident or not, R/C racing is not just about the pros if he cant handle the traffic in practice then he shouldn't be the one out there!!!

onebeatuptc3 01-22-2005 10:03 AM

i feel that chris's actions are uncalled for. Everyone has the right to use a track, especially if the track is open to all racers and drivers alike. Just because you are sponsered doesnt make you that much more special, it just makes you sponsered. If its open practice (like not having to pay for practice time) then everyone deserves to be out there as much as the next person. If its that much of a hassle with other people out there, wait till they get off the track, their batteries will die at some point.

Sorry for my rant but that just doesnt seem right, and if i remember right, xtreme rc cars just did a article on tosolini.

But yet, there is 2 sides to every story, so we will just have to wait.

Greg Sharpe 01-22-2005 10:10 AM

Devil's advocate response: There is no way in hell that an accomplished driver like Toss would intentional hit another car, nor would he knowingly drive through a pack of slower vehicles with unknown trajectories. The mear thought of spending hours straightening out his car's numerous adjustments would prevent such reckless behavior.

What Toss said in that quote may have been taken out of context, misquoted, or fabricated altogether. Bama, the internet is a powerful tool. If only you had as much to lose through it's misuse, maybe you'd understand this to a better degree. Sorry to preach, but your concern over this is better brought to the attention of Toss himself, rather than the gossip columns here on the internet.

PhatPat 01-22-2005 10:21 AM

After reading the Xtreme interview with Chris Tosolini, sounds like he is capable.

IMPACTPLAYR 01-22-2005 10:24 AM

One thing to remember: Pro RC racer, athletes, Actors, wrestlers, ect. they are all human, and we all have bad days... He isn't there just for fun anymore, he is on the clock and working... He may or may not have a choice to practice on that day no matter what happened before he got there, maybe someone hit his car, his wife left him, He just got mugged you don't know.... hell some of us goto the track and act all pissy just because some guy pulled out in front of us on the highway.... and so we're an A-Hole all night just because for 5 second that day life didn't go our way....

I'm not saying this is the case, maybe he is a A-Hole all the time. But unless you know him personnally don't be so quick to judge....

Do you remember the last time you went to work mad??? How nice where you to people around you????

Tek Nickal 01-22-2005 10:32 AM

How can we be sure?

How can we be sure that this actually happened?

John Doucakis 01-22-2005 10:41 AM

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
One thing to remember: Pro RC racer, athletes, Actors, wrestlers, ect. they are all human, and we all have bad days... He isn't there just for fun anymore, he is on the clock and working... He may or may not have a choice to practice on that day no matter what happened before he got there, maybe someone hit his car, his wife left him, He just got mugged you don't know.... hell some of us goto the track and act all pissy just because some guy pulled out in front of us on the highway.... and so we're an A-Hole all night just because for 5 second that day life didn't go our way....

I'm not saying this is the case, maybe he is a A-Hole all the time. But unless you know him personnally don't be so quick to judge....

Do you remember the last time you went to work mad??? How nice where you to people around you????

Well said! I agree.

WVRACER 01-22-2005 11:05 AM

yea but you come to work and give a bad attitude to the wrong person it might cost you you job. personal problems should be keeped out of the work space.

with the above logic forktruck driver a gets in the way of forktruck driver b so forktruck driver b rams his forktruck in to forkdriver a because he was in a bad mood and its ok because he got cut off on the way to work:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sneaky: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tacoma 01-22-2005 11:12 AM

It's good to see you spamming this to every board you can find. :rolleyes: