Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Sprint 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HPI Sprint 2

Hello everyone I was looking for input on this car and if it would be a viable for 17.5 TC or VTA.

As for hop ups what would be good? I planned on upgrading shocks right away but as to what other helpful parts would be a must?

Also, what brushless system would be nice?

I was looking at the Novak Club Brushless system.

I have not read too much on this car for these classes or I just have not searched hard enough! I apologize in advance if there was countless threads on this matter! To my knowledge most seem to be on just drifting.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run one in vta replace the stock ball cups first thing the shocks work fine althou the rear can washout at times depending on driving style keep spare rear knuckles on hand they can be a bit fragile if you slide into the boards i am running the stock plastic top and chassis plate but had to make my own lipo retaining system and clearance the top deck and rework the front belt tensioner to clear the lipo so the belt dont rub i use the stock rear gear dif but installed the ball dif up front for adjustability it will either require the cva or as i did a peice of fuel tubing threw the lightening holes and glued into the outdrive to keep the dogbone in place
Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
I run one in vta replace the stock ball cups first thing the shocks work fine althou the rear can washout at times depending on driving style keep spare rear knuckles on hand they can be a bit fragile if you slide into the boards i am running the stock plastic top and chassis plate but had to make my own lipo retaining system and clearance the top deck and rework the front belt tensioner to clear the lipo so the belt dont rub i use the stock rear gear dif but installed the ball dif up front for adjustability it will either require the cva or as i did a peice of fuel tubing threw the lightening holes and glued into the outdrive to keep the dogbone in place
How is the steering/cornering? I have heard about lots of steering slop.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yes there is slop is it gonna hit a pin head every lap no but tighten servo saver add spring under it so it dont screw down. get your setup reasonable and it works in the class finestandard setup is good just watch your droop to much and she will swap ends in corners
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Run great and is an absolute tank.. Switch to capture ball ends and this thing will take abeating steering slop will be eliminated.... Great car for vta due to its durabilty.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ran mine mine for the first time in what we call pro mod trams am.Meaning 17.5 2s lipo.It was a hand full until I used the recommended set up for low traction surface in the instructions for the rear. I replaced the shock fluid to 80 wt.It made a huge difference.Do you know if the gear diffs will hold diff fluid?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the gear diffs do not have any seal in there so fluid would run out maybe try a silicone product with some of the original grease