R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   T:me R anyone using it? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/607237-t-me-r-anyone-using.html)

BlackStarRacing 03-08-2012 05:03 PM

T:me R anyone using it?

just wanted to get some feed back on the T:ME R system?

Thanks

Daryl

TryHard 03-08-2012 05:27 PM

I had the opportunity to test out a set recently, and it worked very well.
Was using it in modified TC, and me and another racer were using it to log our times during practise.
Set-up the sensor trackside and left it there all day... and with the bluetooth back to the laptop in the pits, worked really well.
Software looked pretty easy to use
Only issue we encountered was if the sensor was too far away from the laptop, then when the battery level got low, the signal would drop out. When we moved it closer (~30m) no issues at all.
It is a good bit of kit, and I can deffiently see the benefit.

HiH
Ed

BlackStarRacing 03-08-2012 06:17 PM

timed runs for racing?

Originally Posted by TryHard (Post 10441429)
Was using it in modified TC, and me and another racer were using it to log our times during practise.
Set-up the sensor trackside and left it there all day... and with the bluetooth back to the laptop in the pits, worked really well.
Only issue we encountered was if the sensor was too far away from the laptop, then when the battery level got low, the signal would drop out. When we moved it closer (~30m) no issues at all.

HiH
Ed

Hey Ed

Thanks for that information...i read that it can run unlimited transponders and i was wondering do you think it would be cable of running timed events?

Looking for something a few friends can grab an kinda race with it?

TryHard 03-08-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing (Post 10441698)
Hey Ed

Thanks for that information...i read that it can run unlimited transponders and i was wondering do you think it would be cable of running timed events?

I could yes, but bare in mind that it would then only work for your event, and wouldn't work if you go off visiting other clubs that run AMB's... but wouldn't be a bad thing to get started I guess.

BlackStarRacing 03-08-2012 08:12 PM

exactly what i was thinking

Originally Posted by TryHard (Post 10442080)
I could yes, but bare in mind that it would then only work for your event, and wouldn't work if you go off visiting other clubs that run AMB's... but wouldn't be a bad thing to get started I guess.

i figured everyone has an amb but not everyone has the system to detect i think using that for a mobile solution... might work for a small club to race where ever!!!

We have a lot of parking lots here....lol

thanks for all your assistance!

kschu 03-08-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by TryHard (Post 10441429)

HiH
Ed

the distance can reach within 30 meter, between the sensor and the laptop ??

TryHard 03-08-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by kschu (Post 10442500)
the distance can reach within 30 meter, between the sensor and the laptop ??

Hehe, did you not see it setup during practise at the TITC? We had the reciever unit setup on the bottom right corner of the track (second corner before the straight) and then we're pitting about 30m away from that with the laptop setup. Turned it all on, and left it running all day.

not sure on the distance for car sensor to reciever though... just tried to position it at a reasonable distance on a slower part of the track.

Hugh Jazz 03-08-2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing (Post 10441698)
Hey Ed

I was talking to the importer here in Aus and he said that it can be used to run a race meet if you have enough transponders. He said it was a cheap option for the club as it is around 1k compared to the amb system. I am looking at getting one also. has a handing Iphone app also.

CraigM 03-08-2012 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz (Post 10442859)
I was talking to the importer here in Aus and he said that it can be used to run a race meet if you have enough transponders. He said it was a cheap option for the club as it is around 1k compared to the amb system. I am looking at getting one also. has a handing Iphone app also.

Who imports them here Dan?

Besercoe 03-08-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 10442865)
Who imports them here Dan?

Dazza at Ace Hobbies

kschu 03-14-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TryHard (Post 10442559)
Hehe, did you not see it setup during practise at the TITC? We had the reciever unit setup on the bottom right corner of the track (second corner before the straight) and then we're pitting about 30m away from that with the laptop setup. Turned it all on, and left it running all day.

not sure on the distance for car sensor to reciever though... just tried to position it at a reasonable distance on a slower part of the track.

i might get a hand on it soon ~ ;);)