Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01D or 3 rac d3 cs drift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TT-01D or 3 rac d3 cs drift?

which is better for drifting specs? i am a newbie.. i want to purchase a drift kit.. what should i be buying with the kits? aside from transmitter? please kindly help me?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you're new to rc in general I'd go the TT01d. If rc is not new to you but drifting is I'd go the D3. I have had the TT01 and currently have the D3 and the D3 does take. Little more to get right. The D3 is also already setup for counter steer which is a bonus.

You'll generally need a 2s lipo battery (around 5000mah or a big higher)
A lipo charger is great.
A relatively quick servo. Low profiles seem to fit nicer.
Any sort of motor and esc will be fine. Most will use a 10.5t or lower brushless system but anything will get you going as long as it has reverse.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

how about 3rac zero S? TT-01D is RTR.. but 3rac d3 CS drift requires motor and other stuff.. right?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by milanne02
how about 3rac zero S? TT-01D is RTR.. but 3rac d3 CS drift requires motor and other stuff.. right?
Yeah the D3 doest have any electronics so you'll need to source them. Which can be a good thing because you get to pick the bits you want... Generally rtr electronics work but they are basic.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend and what level you want the car to be at.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

last question sir.. if im planning to get a 3rac sakura D3 CS drift what all the items i need to buy? please give me a complete list.. for battery what kind of motor.. sorry im a newbie.. i don't know the diff between 4.5T 5.5T 6.5T T_T thanks boss.. and also the servos.. can you help me please?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by milanne02
last question sir.. if im planning to get a 3rac sakura D3 CS drift what all the items i need to buy? please give me a complete list.. for battery what kind of motor.. sorry im a newbie.. i don't know the diff between 4.5T 5.5T 6.5T T_T thanks boss.. and also the servos.. can you help me please?
Ok to clarify... I'm no expert in drift, I've only just gotten back into it.

I'm running a 10.5t sensored brushless motor (10.5 being slower than a 5.5 for example). A 60amp hobbywing sensored esc. You can also use a sensorless brushless system it really doesn't matter a great deal, sensored is smoother in the low rpm range.
A hobbywing 60a esc and motor will be around $100.

Any 2 channel radio system will work, a 2.4ghz is most recommended nowadays. Allow $100 for that.

A 2s lipo battery around 5000mah capacity will do fine. $50 approx for a basic one.

As for a steering servo... Anything will be fine but if you can get a fast one as opposed to a high torque one as you'll need a fast one to catch the following drift.

Pick any sort of 190mm 1:10 body for a straight fit. A 200mm wide body will work too but you'll need a wheel set with a larger offset. I think it's a 257mm wheel base but don't quote me on that.

With the D3 most people will recommend buying a front one way diff (FOW) as it will make the rear easier to kick out and act like a hand brake in a 1:1 car.

I think that's all of it lol...
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought a TT-01E as my first and only chassis. I love it, would definitely recommend it.