R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Trinity batteries " Reader choice award 2004"?????????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/60641-trinity-batteries-reader-choice-award-2004-a.html)

dawgmeat 01-20-2005 07:38 AM

Trinity batteries " Reader choice award 2004"??????????

I'm waving the bull sh!t flag, I've only been racing for 14 months and have never seen anybody use these cells, I raced in the Hampton roads area in Va. and now race in Ct., In that time frame I see more people using SMC, Promatch, Fusion then anything else, as of matter of fact throw Surge power into mix and any other local cell matcher. How can Trinity have the best cells, A they cost the most, B don't have best numbers, and C don't make-up the majority of thr racing field:weird: :weird:

utieh 01-20-2005 08:15 AM

It's not a big surprise, each year Trinity gets many awards in RCCA, it's like it's the company who advertise the most who will get the more awards (perhaps they don't even read for which product readers had voted for:rolleyes: )

rtypec 01-20-2005 08:37 AM

Lol...Wouldn't it be funny if Traxxas won the battery award? :lol:

dr_hfuhuhurr 01-20-2005 08:41 AM

That's because the "Readers Choice Award" is worthless. You're getting entries from little kids who bash in their yard and run Duracraps stick packs. The see the trinity drivers in the mags winning all the time so those must be the best batteries...whatever!

Had it been a "Racers Choice Award" it would have been different.

CypressMidWest 01-20-2005 10:46 AM

Honestly, at most dirt tracks, your middle of the road to novice guys will all run Trinity or Reedy packs, and since these people make up the bulk of the "racing market" AND they believe that anything strapped into an A-main mod truck has to be good, this is what they purchase and this is what they vote for.

You can't tell the difference between a 1.195 and a 1.166 in an off-road vehicle anyway.

That being said, I have seen a few people run their packs and they aren't ALL that bad. We as racers need to stop trying to compare #'s from matcher to matcher. They all have slightly different processes and equipment so they'll never equate exactly, whether they all use TM4's or not. Just because your Buddies have Brand X packs that show 10 sec. better run time with .02 volts better per cell, doesn't mean that your brand Y packs aren't actually better!!! Find a Matcher you're comfortable with and stick with their products.

I suggest Power Push.

Bob Barry 01-20-2005 11:12 AM

Cypress couldnt be more correct. Every major offroad track that I have been too with the exception of the tiltyard has been predominately Trinity. Its easier for the hobbyshop to get set up with them plus if you carry trinity batteries you also get the motors. lets face it...you cant run a hobby shop without carrying trinity and expect to survive. I also think your dead on about finding a matcher you like and sticking with them. Someone mentioned Surge. Its nice to see that we are becomming more recognized. Jon, Gary or myself or any other team driver for that matter, would love to answer your questions. I'm sure you guys know where to find us. Again....race with what you are comfortable with. If you have a few extra bucks and are willing to give us a try...you wont be disappointed.

Bob

RCevolution 01-20-2005 11:18 AM

Originally posted by utieh
It's not a big surprise, each year Trinity gets many awards in RCCA, it's like it's the company who advertise the most who will get the more awards (perhaps they don't even read for which product readers had voted for:rolleyes: )

Guess nobody voted for the Quantum Comp 2, Pulsar Comp, TC3(who would vote for that!), MP 7.5 or Airtronics M8 either!! :rolleyes:

utieh 01-20-2005 11:23 AM

Originally posted by elcid4300
Guess nobody voted for the Quantum Comp 2, Pulsar Comp, TC3(who would vote for that!), MP 7.5 or Airtronics M8 either!! :rolleyes:
i must admit I don"t read RCCA but I didn' know Trinity were making ESCs, chargers, sedan kits, 1/8th buggy kit or radios:sweat: :lol:

utieh 01-20-2005 11:26 AM

i must admit I don't read RCCA but I didn' know Trinity were making ESCs, chargers, sedan kits, 1/8th buggy kit or radios:sweat: :lol:
edit: yes they do make a sedan...the T-Spec

new92 01-20-2005 11:27 AM

I agree with the comment about RCCA receiveing votes predominantly from the backyard people. I just never have been that impressed with monster trucks or micros. I guess micros would be cool for the garage on a rainy day, but I dont see myself spending hundreds of dollars making them drift or anything. Then again I think drifting is kinda pointless too unless you are in a fullsize car lol.

The kids vote that something is the best because so and so won with it, thats pretty much it I think.

RCevolution 01-20-2005 11:35 AM

I never said they WERE made by Trinity....I think most reading this post know what I was getting at. Guess it went right over your head....and they don't make the T-Spec:ha:

Anyway, just because Trinity won doesn't mean that they DIDN'T get the most votes or nobody at RCCA read the votes...Like anything else you vote on, it's a popularity contest. Was Bush the best man for President? Who knows, but the majority picked him:D

k_bojar 01-20-2005 12:20 PM

edit: yes they do make a sedan...the T-Spec
ummm...actually trinity imports the T-Spec and the Spyders (both the itsy-bity and the gas one)...and the itsy-bitsy spider and the losi and from the same overseas manufacturer :D

Trinity gets all the hype in RCCA because they advertise the most...It may have nothing to do with who wins what - but product placement...in the first 5-10 pages, you'll see about 4 or 5 Trinity adds for its various equipment - that's what makes them a "reader's Choice" not necessarily because they are the best

And if you run at ANY track in the Mid-Atlantic region, you cannot swing a dead cat and NOT hit someone running trinty batteries...The same could be said for the surrounding region by Associated/Reedy - all the locals there will be running majority of their stuff

That's why I'm glad "smaller" guys like Surge and power push are around - it creates better competition and a (hopefully) better product :D

On a maybe little known fact - 95% of ALL the batteries in the US (including some of the big names) come thru trinity...So that statement about Trinity may be bogus, but not too far off...Trinity has an exclusive distribution agreement with Sanyo and GP

Bob Barry 01-20-2005 12:21 PM

Not with GP KBO...

StephenSobottka 01-20-2005 12:28 PM

Guess nobody voted for the Quantum Comp 2, Pulsar Comp, TC3(who would vote for that!), MP 7.5 or Airtronics M8 either!!
Cmon now, The TC3 is the best car alive!:D and the M8 is a stellar radio too!:D :)

k_bojar 01-20-2005 12:29 PM

not from one of the last things I heard....I know when 6Ft were trying to get GPs to match and sell...John had a hard time finding someone willing to sell to the US becuase of the Trinity agreement...

Maybe its changed (which would be a good thing)