Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire. >

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone know if the Xray shock orings fit the VBC? Can't find the orings on CRC's site... or roche or amain or vbcracing.com...
Old 10-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any one know where to get the spur gears for the VBC?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onearmbandit
any one know where to get the spur gears for the VBC?
Xray spurs work, either the offset of the standard from the 07/08 models work fine. I use RW spurs.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Anyone done up an editable setup sheet yet? Would be really nice to have one instead of having to print these off for them to even be useful. Really wish I had the software to do it because there are several things that were left off the setup sheets as well.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Odin544
Anyone done up an editable setup sheet yet? Would be really nice to have one instead of having to print these off for them to even be useful. Really wish I had the software to do it because there are several things that were left off the setup sheets as well.
Have a look here: http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sheet.php
If anything needed, drop me a mp.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone looking for the new servo mount Roche.hk had them in stock (5 total) according to their website last night. I ordered mine. Site currently says out of stock though. Hopefully stock levels were current and I'll get mine soon. Only $21.60 after shipping.

Originally Posted by Arn0
Have a look here: http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sheet.php
If anything needed, drop me a mp.
Awesome thank you! That will make my life so much easier

Great job on that by the way.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default wondering......

Car is finished,
Put it on setup board,DIALED.
Go out to run some straight line shots and the dam thing is wondering.
ANY AND ALL suggestion welcome.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

I FINALLY got to run my car today. It sure has a lot of steering! My very first run with the car was for the first qualifier. I didn't get any practice which sucked. But I made a lot of progress. The first qualifier was just a matter of trying to keep it on the track because it had so much steering. Springs were too soft. Oil was too light. I missed the 2nd qualifier. Just too much going on with helping to run the races as well as try to work on my stuff. 3rd qualifier I actually did decent and was able to qualify 3rd overall. Ended up 3rd in the main. Got to within .5 seconds of the fast guys though.

I didn't have any issues with broken parts. And I tossed the car a few times.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Car is finished,
What servo? Servo saver? Toe? Without more info its nearly impossible to say what the issue is.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Car is finished,
I run .5-1* toe out per side in the front to keep mined from wondering. Also makes sure to shim the slop out of the steering rack but not so tight it binds. They give you the shims for this in the kit. If all that checks out it's either a bad servo or a bad servo saver like someone already mentioned.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
I run .5-1* toe out per side in the front to keep mined from wondering. Also makes sure to shim the slop out of the steering rack but not so tight it binds. They give you the shims for this in the kit. If all that checks out it's either a bad servo or a bad servo saver like someone already mentioned.
Are you referring to shimming on top of the steering rack where the bearings are?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by stro3579
Are you referring to shimming on top of the steering rack where the bearings are?
Yea. Just minimize up and down slop in the rack
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I ran the Wildfire for the first time this weekend and was very impressed with the car. I found it carried a lot of corner speed and generally received many comments on how smooth the car looked on track.

I would highly recommend using the settings Dave posted earlier in the thread as a great starting point and then adapt them slightly to the track and track conditions.

In terms of reliability the car performed well, there were fellow racers who had a few issues breaking parts but none for VBC. I think its as reliable as any of the other mainstream chassis available.

I am very happy with the car, it is easy to work on and responds very well to setup change. I would like to get a second chassis to use in 13.5 boosted.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
Hi Guys,

I ran the Wildfire for the first time this weekend and was very impressed with the car. I found it carried a lot of corner speed and generally received many comments on how smooth the car looked on track.

I would highly recommend using the settings Dave posted earlier in the thread as a great starting point and then adapt them slightly to the track and track conditions.

In terms of reliability the car performed well, there were fellow racers who had a few issues breaking parts but none for VBC. I think its as reliable as any of the other mainstream chassis available.

I am very happy with the car, it is easy to work on and responds very well to setup change. I would like to get a second chassis to use in 13.5 boosted.
I 2nd this statement..... I took this car around the track and it was awesome!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Who all is running the VBC 2 piece joint drive shafts up front? How are you liking them? I never had any chatter in my TC6 running 17.5 non-boosted so I was a little suprised to see how bad it was on the wildfire this last weekend.

What all is needed to run them? Just the axles, hubs and bearings correct? Can someone tell me the size of bearings needed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.