R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #1111
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

Hm so you just leave out the screws? I've tried that too but couldn't find the traction much improved. .. no one tried the other chassis?
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #1112
Tech Elite
 
IIGQ4U's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Jolla, CA SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Hm so you just leave out the screws? I've tried that too but couldn't find the traction much improved. .. no one tried the other chassis?
I find the standard Wildfire chassis to be fairly flexible. I have yet to visit a track where I have felt the standard chassis was insufficient. Have you tried modifying inserts, tires, compounds, etc? If you are truly running on a low grip asphalt track, and have exhausted other setup means, then a more flexible chassis may be the answer.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #1113
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

When I saw Dave Ehrlich running his last February he was running the high flex chassis.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1114
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

When it comes to the tires i have to say i can't do anything since they are handout and preglued. Nothing allowed there. Its the lrp g32 tire...
When it comes to setup i think it's quite good since the balance is very good.
I'm running against serpent s411eryx, hotbodies tcxx and arc r10 2013.
The hb is pretty much tuned the others are pretty much stock.
I can run the same laptimes but i have the feeling i need more grip overall to be more consistent.
Btw: does someone run these g32 tires? How do you treat them to get most grip during full 7min of racing? Running 10.5 motors by the way...
Thanks for all your inputs :-)
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1115
Tech Elite
 
IIGQ4U's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Jolla, CA SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
When it comes to the tires i have to say i can't do anything since they are handout and preglued. Nothing allowed there. Its the lrp g32 tire...
When it comes to setup i think it's quite good since the balance is very good.
I'm running against serpent s411eryx, hotbodies tcxx and arc r10 2013.
The hb is pretty much tuned the others are pretty much stock.
I can run the same laptimes but i have the feeling i need more grip overall to be more consistent.
Btw: does someone run these g32 tires? How do you treat them to get most grip during full 7min of racing? Running 10.5 motors by the way...
Thanks for all your inputs :-)
The R10 flex is pretty stiff (At least the ones I have felt). Why not just give the flex chassis a shot?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1116
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,580
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

My next plan with the VBC is to cut off the bump outs on the chassis so it is perfectly straight on the sides. On my local track out grip is pretty high and I have alot on scrubbing on the edges. That I'm sure will change the flex a little on the chassis.
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #1117
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

I haven't tried the flex chassis yet cause it's quite expensive for try and error method for me^^
So i hoped someone tested it before...
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #1118
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
The R10 flex is pretty stiff (At least the ones I have felt). Why not just give the flex chassis a shot?
The R10 2013 comes with 2.25mm flex chassis from the box. Plenty flex from the old kit.
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #1119
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

The wildfire has a 2.5mm chassis, right? Can't measure it right now... so the other manufacturers use thinner chassis than vbc? Then the 2.1mm mid flex chassis would be the way to go right?
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #1120
Tech Elite
 
IIGQ4U's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Jolla, CA SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
The R10 2013 comes with 2.25mm flex chassis from the box. Plenty flex from the old kit.
Yes, I am aware of this. Not everybody has the revised kit, which is why I stated what I did in parentheses.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #1121
Tech Adept
 
SD RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Husky
Posts: 139
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
The wildfire has a 2.5mm chassis, right? Can't measure it right now... so the other manufacturers use thinner chassis than vbc? Then the 2.1mm mid flex chassis would be the way to go right?
The kit chassis is 2.45mm, the mid flex is 2.25mm they state its 2.1mm but its not
and the flex chassis with the cutouts is 2.45mm ,this one feels very soft. new car just built
I also run on a low to med grip asphalt track.
will give it a go this weekend so hope it works, the other car will have a standard chassis, so it will be a good comparison.
the vbc 05 dynamics kit car I am running in the state titles in oct. 17.5t boosted.
when I ran a serpent I tried more flex in the chassis to add grip and the car was slower.
but the vbc may react differently.
SD RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #1122
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD RACING View Post
The kit chassis is 2.45mm, the mid flex is 2.25mm they state its 2.1mm but its not
and the flex chassis with the cutouts is 2.45mm ,this one feels very soft. new car just built
I also run on a low to med grip asphalt track.
will give it a go this weekend so hope it works, the other car will have a standard chassis, so it will be a good comparison.
the vbc 05 dynamics kit car I am running in the state titles in oct. 17.5t boosted.
when I ran a serpent I tried more flex in the chassis to add grip and the car was slower.
but the vbc may react differently.
Chassis flex can definitely help to a point, but 2 much will slow you down. If you ever run on medium to high traction you will definitely want a stiffer car.

I did some experiments once using roll center. Slammed my car down as far as it could go. Car felt great on the track but lap times where off by 2 tenths on average. I'm experiencing this now as well, I've setup my car for low traction asphalt racing and it's very fast, but when i run it on high traction carpet it's 2 to 3 tenths off.
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #1123
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

SD Racing: Im looking forward to hear your experiences
bkspeedo: How do you run your rollcenters? I have 0,5mm under suspension blocks in the front and 1mm in the rear.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #1124
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
SD Racing: Im looking forward to hear your experiences
bkspeedo: How do you run your rollcenters? I have 0,5mm under suspension blocks in the front and 1mm in the rear.
Sorry i'm currently not running this car, I was chiming in as a pure setup observation for any car. I am looking at the D06 thou, may be getting one in the near future.
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #1125
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

ah ok then i missunderstood you^^
Im really looking forward to the d06.
until then I want to try to raise the topdeck about 0,5mm at the bulkheads and leave out the screws at the motor mount.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net