R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #736
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Who all is running the VBC 2 piece joint drive shafts up front? How are you liking them? I never had any chatter in my TC6 running 17.5 non-boosted so I was a little suprised to see how bad it was on the wildfire this last weekend.

What all is needed to run them? Just the axles, hubs and bearings correct? Can someone tell me the size of bearings needed?
They work great, the bearings are included when you buy them as well.
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #737
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Who all is running the VBC 2 piece joint drive shafts up front? How are you liking them? I never had any chatter in my TC6 running 17.5 non-boosted so I was a little suprised to see how bad it was on the wildfire this last weekend.

What all is needed to run them? Just the axles, hubs and bearings correct? Can someone tell me the size of bearings needed?
You only need to replace the inner bearing in the steering block. 5x10x3mm. Outsider use normal 5x10. C-block were included with the joint.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #738
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys. I was asking about bearings so I could have a couple spares from Avid in the box.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #739
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this car, and buying the optional green alloy parts, but am wondering about it's general durability.

How have you guys found it to be in general? I know Xray's are the benchmark in terms of durability, however like to run something less common than the general crowd, and this car fits the bill in that regards.

Thanks,

Steve
stephenianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #740
Tech Adept
 
whiteflagwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Are the carpet spec plastics available yet ?
__________________
Cole Liggett
whiteflagwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #741
Tech Addict
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 652
Default

Whats the difference between the standard graphite parts and the 1K graphite parts and are they necessary for carpet?
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #742
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Whats the difference between the standard graphite parts and the 1K graphite parts and are they necessary for carpet?
the 1k parts are not needed for carpet, the car works just fine with the stock chassis setup. The only difference between stock and the 1k is the 1k is stiffer because it is woven much tighter. Hope this helps!!
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #743
Tech Addict
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
the 1k parts are not needed for carpet, the car works just fine with the stock chassis setup. The only difference between stock and the 1k is the 1k is stiffer because it is woven much tighter. Hope this helps!!
AHH!! thanks. Also, do i need to get any optional suspension blocks?
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #744
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
AHH!! thanks. Also, do i need to get any optional suspension blocks?
you do not NEED them but they are nice to have for fine tuning such as the front arm sweep. some people like it and others dont. the blocks give you the option
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #745
Tech Addict
 
apriliamille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this car, and buying the optional green alloy parts, but am wondering about it's general durability.

How have you guys found it to be in general? I know Xray's are the benchmark in terms of durability, however like to run something less common than the general crowd, and this car fits the bill in that regards.

Thanks,

Steve
i did the green kit. its identical in durability parts as the original equip parts. just a differant color. i suggested to crc to let vbc know that the green hex are a waste with the kit, i.m.o. they are hidden by wheels. i suggested they make the steering wrack green and skip the hex. mine was missing 2 green turnbuckles. i called crc about it and they said they would get with vbc about it. but the east coast storm hit last week so im not worried too much about some green turnbuckles at the moment from them. i lost my camera cable. if you want a pick of the green on the car pm me a cell number and ill text ya a photo or two when i get off work today.

i also did a green paint pen for sealing the carbon parts to have fun with the car colors
__________________
Are you here to surf or fight !!!! -Apocalypse Now-
X-60CF, SCX60CF, X6 Cubed, Rebel 10, Hara d8, GT2, 4x4 sc: pondering
Beam, Protos, Wildhare, P.A.U., 3DHS, Aeroworks, RiteWing
Power and Fueled by TP, Graupner, FMA, Powermaster and xtrema
Controlled by Radiopost Sponsored by me and my passion
apriliamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #746
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for your reply...I realise I worded my question badly. I meant to ask about durability of the car itself (ie plastic parts mainly...if breakages are common etc). I realise the green alloy is the same material as the natural titanium colour.

I live in Australia so I appreciate the offer of messaging pictures to my phone, however realise this wouldn't be possible. My email is stephenianjames(at)hotmail(dot)com is you wouldn't mind emailing them. If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamille View Post
i did the green kit. its identical in durability parts as the original equip parts. just a differant color. i suggested to crc to let vbc know that the green hex are a waste with the kit, i.m.o. they are hidden by wheels. i suggested they make the steering wrack green and skip the hex. mine was missing 2 green turnbuckles. i called crc about it and they said they would get with vbc about it. but the east coast storm hit last week so im not worried too much about some green turnbuckles at the moment from them. i lost my camera cable. if you want a pick of the green on the car pm me a cell number and ill text ya a photo or two when i get off work today.

i also did a green paint pen for sealing the carbon parts to have fun with the car colors
stephenianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #747
Tech Adept
 
onearmbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura Ca.
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
I run .5-1* toe out per side in the front to keep mined from wondering. Also makes sure to shim the slop out of the steering rack but not so tight it binds. They give you the shims for this in the kit. If all that checks out it's either a bad servo or a bad servo saver like someone already mentioned.
Try not to laugh too hard but, I didnt tighten the screws all the way on the servo mount so it worked itself loose. DUH!
Thanks for all the help and I will be running it tomorrow and then giving updates!
Practiced with it today and did a few minor adjustments from Daves setup, Different springs, HPI Silver Front and Hpi Blue rear.
Went to middle swaybar then took it completely out and the car stopped steping out on me.
I run outdoor blacktop,(School Yard Grade/ Sealed with a Rubber particulate)
Dont ask about that cause I could not explain it to you LOL ! Car is soooooo
much better from the get go then my last TC(TOP PHOTON) Left to right transfer of weight is awesome and the steering in good, LIKE EVERYONE is saying. Much more predictable! Hope to beat the PANTs off the HotBOdies team tomorrow.
onearmbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #748
Tech Adept
 
onearmbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura Ca.
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
What servo? Servo saver? Toe? Without more info its nearly impossible to say what the issue is.
Thanks !
Problem solved
onearmbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #749
Tech Addict
 
apriliamille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post
Thanks for your reply...I realise I worded my question badly. I meant to ask about durability of the car itself (ie plastic parts mainly...if breakages are common etc). I realise the green alloy is the same material as the natural titanium colour.

I live in Australia so I appreciate the offer of messaging pictures to my phone, however realise this wouldn't be possible. My email is stephenianjames(at)hotmail(dot)com is you wouldn't mind emailing them. If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Steve
ill see what i can do for some photos by email this week
i raced tonight here. i hit someone some hard enough to pop the shock off the arm where the connector connects to the front arm, how it popped off i have no clue. nothing broke
__________________
Are you here to surf or fight !!!! -Apocalypse Now-
X-60CF, SCX60CF, X6 Cubed, Rebel 10, Hara d8, GT2, 4x4 sc: pondering
Beam, Protos, Wildhare, P.A.U., 3DHS, Aeroworks, RiteWing
Power and Fueled by TP, Graupner, FMA, Powermaster and xtrema
Controlled by Radiopost Sponsored by me and my passion
apriliamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #750
Tech Addict
 
apriliamille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I mimicked Nitrobeast's set up from page 41 except i have the sway bars still connected and i used the stock rear carrier. i finally had a full night of racing (not fault of the car for the prior attempts) and i was very happy with it the steering for me was awesome, i felt i could put it anywhere. Thanks for sharing the set up Nitrobeast
__________________
Are you here to surf or fight !!!! -Apocalypse Now-
X-60CF, SCX60CF, X6 Cubed, Rebel 10, Hara d8, GT2, 4x4 sc: pondering
Beam, Protos, Wildhare, P.A.U., 3DHS, Aeroworks, RiteWing
Power and Fueled by TP, Graupner, FMA, Powermaster and xtrema
Controlled by Radiopost Sponsored by me and my passion
apriliamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net