R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #691
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, back from Canada race at Lou's speedway. Race was "interesting", due to the fact my first qualifier was my practice.... The car was very balanced and fast! Very predictable and was able to drive it hard when I needed to. Anyway this is what I came up with for Tq!

Front:
Front shock tower on top / 3rd hole from inside with 1.5 shim behind shock
Front bottom shock position / outside
Front spring orange 3 hole piston with 600 cst
Front short wheelbase/ 2 .1 shims under all suspension blocks
White front sway bar
1.5 front camber
Stock camber link location

Rear
Rear shock at top/ leaned all the way in
Rear shock at bottom/ outside
Rear spring / green with 3 hole piston with 350 cst
Red rear sway bar no rear shims under suspension blocks
Camber left rear 2, right rear -2.5 ( there was a right hand turn in the middle of track that had no grip yet and the car pushed there unless you hit brakes, I don't like brakes so this rotated the car through this section)
Camber link/ short on hub/ and 2 hole on inner link location, stock shims
Wheel base long.
2.5 rear toe
Droop 2mm over ride height all around car
If I didn't mention it that means it was stock location .

Body was Mazda speed 6 /with 2 middle holes in wing open.
__________________
sponsors: Burleson racing #13,redbull, Dj paints!!!!, KT RACING!, outlaw Rc Motorsports, protoform.
Dave Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #692
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

I just what to say Thank You John @CRC
Incredible service. Wildfire's Burning...
and Thank you also Mr. Johnson.
ems
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #693
Tech Addict
 
apriliamille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

well, mine is built. i took a few photos and cant find my camera cable.
i ordered the green kit. i also got a paint pen and edged the chassis, top chassis, shock towers, front bumper holder, optional motor guard etc etc in green. it looks pretty trick

i had to call crc as my green kit was missing a pair of turnbuckles, John told me he would contact vbc as the green stuff doesnt come as individual items. i also suggested the green hexes be removed from the kit and maybe the steering system come in green instead. i didnt think there was a point to green hexes when the tires are mounted up.

i tried mounting up some of my spare kyosho x rings in the shocks but didnt like the outside diameter fit and assumed they would leak so i green snotted up the white rings. shocks were built 3 days ago and no leakage yet. for the diff i was probably over generous in green snot as well. but considering that was day 1 of the build portion i have yet to see leakage. working on the electronics this week and hope to play with it this weekend

i had fun building it. this is my first 1/10 tc build. i am a little concerned about the plastic inside the diff. but coming from my 1/8 onroad and offroad and 4x4 sc can i assume plastic in blinky class will be durable?

future plans is to put in the double joint drive shafts in the front, aluminum front one way, servo hanger and hunt for a pro painted body worthy of the work i put into the car
__________________
Are you here to surf or fight !!!! -Apocalypse Now-
X-60CF, SCX60CF, X6 Cubed, Rebel 10, Hara d8, GT2, 4x4 sc: pondering
Beam, Protos, Wildhare, P.A.U., 3DHS, Aeroworks, RiteWing
Power and Fueled by TP, Graupner, FMA, Powermaster and xtrema
Controlled by Radiopost Sponsored by me and my passion
apriliamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #694
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cambridge, Ontario Canada
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Johnson View Post
Hey guys, back from Canada race at Lou's speedway. Race was "interesting", due to the fact my first qualifier was my practice.... The car was very balanced and fast! Very predictable and was able to drive it hard when I needed to. Anyway this is what I came up with for Tq!

Front:
Front shock tower on top / 3rd hole from inside with 1.5 shim behind shock
Front bottom shock position / outside
Front spring orange 3 hole piston with 600 cst
Front short wheelbase/ 2 .1 shims under all suspension blocks
White front sway bar
1.5 front camber
Stock camber link location

Rear
Rear shock at top/ leaned all the way in
Rear shock at bottom/ outside
Rear spring / green with 3 hole piston with 350 cst
Red rear sway bar no rear shims under suspension blocks
Camber left rear 2, right rear -2.5 ( there was a right hand turn in the middle of track that had no grip yet and the car pushed there unless you hit brakes, I don't like brakes so this rotated the car through this section)
Camber link/ short on hub/ and 2 hole on inner link location, stock shims
Wheel base long.
2.5 rear toe
Droop 2mm over ride height all around car
If I didn't mention it that means it was stock location .

Body was Mazda speed 6 /with 2 middle holes in wing open.
Dave's car looked good when he got a chance to get a clean run in, I believe he broke in one of the warm ups, but his 3rd qualifier the car was dialed, then he smoked a motor in the main. Poor guy had some bad luck!!

The car is really nice..

Hope you come back up to Canada again Dave, we could use a few more great drivers to learn things from!

Grant Galloway
__________________
XRAY T3'12 17.5, Spec R R1 13.5, CRC GenXL, Grant Galloway Designs ( Painter )
lifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #695
Tech Apprentice
 
Reese Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RSA
Posts: 97
Default

Hi Guys,

I recently finished building my Wildfire and it's ready to track test. I think it's a great kit. I will take setup tips from the posts above.

I was wondering which tyres and inserts you are running on asphalt, medium to high grip. I am considering the Sorex 36 radial with the Sorex B medium insert.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
__________________
VBC Wildfires
Orca - Revolectrix - Sanwa - SMC
Reese Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #696
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default VBC Wildfire

Building the VBC Wildfire. Having trouble with the steering rack. Specifically the two button head screws that are thread locked into the posts. Not the one from under the chassis up but the two thru the arms down. Is there a shim or spacer that is supposed to be in their. It is either to loose with up and down play or too tight causing bind in one direction.

1st 1/10 scale touring build, so kind of new at this.

Thanks,

Kurt
Turbo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #697
Tech Addict
 
3D-Seth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 741
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

What wheel hexes fit this car?

The TLRs fit, but they don't ride against the inner race of the bearing...

Thanks in advance!
Seth
3D-Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #698
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Wildfire

What pinion to start with? The spur is 116 tooth 64 pitch. 11 - 12 second track. 17.5 blinky mode sedan. I am a rookie, so want to start out on the conservative side, don't want flat out speed to learn with.

Thanks
Turbo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #699
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,282
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo911 View Post
What pinion to start with? The spur is 116 tooth 64 pitch. 11 - 12 second track. 17.5 blinky mode sedan. I am a rookie, so want to start out on the conservative side, don't want flat out speed to learn with.

Thanks
Your going to want to get a smaller spur to run blinky (96 would be good) I'm not sure what the internal ratio is of the car but I would shoot for a 3.8 final drive and then adjust motor timing for the speed you want.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #700
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo911 View Post
What pinion to start with? The spur is 116 tooth 64 pitch. 11 - 12 second track. 17.5 blinky mode sedan. I am a rookie, so want to start out on the conservative side, don't want flat out speed to learn with.

Thanks
An xray 96t offset spur is what I have been using. Internal ratio is 1.9:1
I would start around 4.0fdr so a 45/96 should get you there.
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #701
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo911 View Post
Building the VBC Wildfire. Having trouble with the steering rack. Specifically the two button head screws that are thread locked into the posts. Not the one from under the chassis up but the two thru the arms down. Is there a shim or spacer that is supposed to be in their. It is either to loose with up and down play or too tight causing bind in one direction.

1st 1/10 scale touring build, so kind of new at this.

Thanks,

Kurt
I guess it depends on how much up and down play you have. A little is ok. If you feel it is too much, you can add a shim to tighten it up. Bind is bad.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #702
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

As some of the other guys said, a FDR of 3.8-4.0 will be fine. I use a CRC 96 tooth spur, and just thin up the center with a knife. I guess the offset Xray gears fit too.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #703
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

Hex wheel nut Shaft pin,
there is a little play between pin and bearing can that be shimmed? (.2 or .3)
Thankyou.
ems
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #704
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,897
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
Fit into the A-arm is a bit tight... I recommend shaving down the A-arm a bit to allow freer movement.
Did you also use the X-ray spacer/collars? or did you drill out the c-hub to take the VBC kit spacer/collars?
__________________
:::RCMaker.com.au:::Speedy RC.com.au:::
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #705
Tech Addict
 
sprintcarracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

when will the one peice servo mount be avalible at crc.
sprintcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net