Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC releases IB3600 cell.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The only 3600's I saw on the Integy site were the Sanyo packs.....something totally different
Old 01-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Integy definitely have IB3600's, we've just ordered some.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...43105039013.13

numbers look high because of 20A discharge
Old 01-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

They also have a 30A voltage level listed. Do they list the IR?

May have to try some of these out.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Be careful. There are a number of different versions of this cell. SMC has the latest and best batches. If you buy from someone who has existing stock you may get an earlier run of cells.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jack Rimer
Be careful. There are a number of different versions of this cell. SMC has the latest and best batches. If you buy from someone who has existing stock you may get an earlier run of cells.
Actually from what I have sen there is 3 versions.... (weel at least in Japan)
the 1st batch will have somewhat of a thing red outlin with white on the 3600
the 2nd batch will have the 3600 all in white and the 3rd version will have for Japan market only stamped on the back side of the cell in black...
... and this I think is what the SMC cell looks like..???
Old 01-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by daylight racer
I heard straight from the Trinity OEM department that they (trinity)are going to be the importer/distributor of the IB3600 cells in North America, not SMC...
Thanks Daylight Racer for the information.

We are happy to hear various companies having the interest to be the distributor or importer of Intellect Battery. Again it proves again the performance and the competitiveness of IB cells in the market again. We do hope our racer really enjoy their RC live with Intellect Batteries.

We have discussed with different companies for the distributorship for NA market and finally we choose SMC. We do appreciate SMC deep involvment since beginning of our cooperation to have thorough tests on our cells, release professional comment and suggestion to improve our products, having racers to have track tests and detail reports. We are very happy for the joint force.

We are also working closely with SMC about our future products that will release to the market soon. Please stay tuned with the news from SMC.

Intellect Battery Support Team
Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

WOW!! That is cool Trinity has to buy from someone else for these cells. It does not bother me. The prices of Stormer for these is really good. And they are SMC.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IB Cell
Thanks Daylight Racer for the information.

We are happy to hear various companies having the interest to be the distributor or importer of Intellect Battery. Again it proves again the performance and the competitiveness of IB cells in the market again. We do hope our racer really enjoy their RC live with Intellect Batteries.

We have discussed with different companies for the distributorship for NA market and finally we choose SMC. We do appreciate SMC deep involvment since beginning of our cooperation to have thorough tests on our cells, release professional comment and suggestion to improve our products, having racers to have track tests and detail reports. We are very happy for the joint force.

We are also working closely with SMC about our future products that will release to the market soon. Please stay tuned with the news from SMC.

Great news!! and a Great cell...looking forward to seeing whats new
-Dave
Old 01-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

I know you advocate charging at 6 amps but have you tested other charge rates with these cells and if so what were your results.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

john danny found that the cells lose voltage and the IR goes up if you use heat sink battery bars? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahha

j/k john lol
Old 01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

By far what we have tested, our cells like warm temperature. Also the low IR and high conductivity of IB Cells let heat goes away quick. Therefore we guess heat sink battery bar may not be needed and they may only hide the potential of the cells.

If someone send us heat sink battery bars, we can have more tests with it.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

By far what we have tested, our cells like warm temperature. Also the low IR and high conductivity of IB Cells let heat goes away quick. Therefore we guess heat sink battery bar may not be needed and they may only hide the potential of the cells.

If someone send us heat sink battery bars, we can have more tests with it.

Most of the Japanese matchers have also found that this cell likes to be rather warm also...to the point that they are using cell warmers to get the cells up to about 35~38 deg cels before charging..? ..
-Dave
Old 01-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

IB Cell, this is coming from a real racer that pays for his stuff and isn't really sponsored other than buddy deals- thank you for choosing Danny and SMC. The other competition has a long history of killing us with monoply battery mark-ups. I realize that r/c racing (on a competitive level) isn't for people who are dirt poor, but as a government employee, I'm certainly not financially wealthy either. Danny is a fair and honest businessman and I appreciate you and SMC continuing the trend of affordable batteries. I'm sure I speak for the majority here!!

Thanks again,
Jason BigDog Lutz
Old 01-27-2005, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Talking

i can relate, nicely said!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.