the cells were not fully charged.
Try to increase the peak detect, that solved problems
over here with the Futaba charger.
Markus
Old 02-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

works fine for me with gp3300 cells...

i thought it maybe my PSU unit, but if i look at battery temp, so seems like it finishes charging normally... as i told, gp3300 cells work fine...
Old 02-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mr. Blonde
What problem do you have with Orion??
I thought you learned to respect what some
people do in RC in your long term of doing RC??

Whats wrong with you Anders

Just wanna remind you, were those motor cans
come from, thats are used by your sons

Anyway, off topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aha! NO sence of humor...
I donīt have any problem with anyone. I love all people, all companies and most of all, Peace on earth!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I finally got cycles 3 and 4 on my IB3600 pack Sunday. Ran fine on the third cycle. NO complaints. The 4th cycle did seem to carry the peak longer and not feel like it ever really fell off. I turned my fastest lap on lap 16 so I do think they have now officially woken up. Cycles 5 and 6 Thursday night. It will be fun to see if they have even more punch on the magic 5th cycle.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Exe
back to IB3600 batteries..

i don't get SMC, Danny, can you explain how do you get these number like 360 of runtime @ 35 amps?

i got now a few unmatched cells.. tried charging one cell @6, then discharge ant 30 amps... i use futaba cdr-5000... and i got only 300 secs of runtime, ave voltage is ONLY about 1 volt, not 1,1 or something like this, and the discharge curve really su**s! the cell simply does not hold the voltage...btw, and the capacity i got discharging is approxx 2500 mah

this is the second charge to the cell, but i don't think the third one will be different ???

what's wrong ?

btw, Danny, please check your PMs...

seems like the cell is bad or something, i took another cell and for the first charge it does way much better and like it should than the one i was talking about, i charged in 3800 for the first time now.. gonna have to check the soldering on the first one..
Old 02-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Exe: I'm not familiar with the Futaba charger. I use Competition Electronic chargers.

Do you only have one cell to test ?

I have seen your PM I will try and get you the proper info.

Xrayracer: There will be no problem to discharge the pack at 30 amps in between runs.

Mr. Blonde: So your saying that racers are posting good comments on the message boards about the IB3600 and were saying that it's a good cell just because we sell it ?

SMC only matches and sells what we believe to be good cells.

We will do a race sometime this spring and this race will allow IB3600 , Sanyo 3600 and GP cells. We will have our drivers using IB cells. Orion is welcome to attend this race and bring GP3700 and they can even bring the special handmade Sanyo 3600 that are being used in some races.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

no, i have 18 of them, so tomorrow i'm gonna try second cell for the second cycle or can i do the cycles in one day when they completely cool down? suppose this is not recommended...
Old 02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have been super busy, but finally had time to make it out to the track yesterday.

I built two of our IB packs ( 2.2AIR with 1.161 and 1.162 voltage) these #'s were the lowerest voltage #'s I had in stock)

Anyways I ran both 19 turn and Mod sedan. I wanted to compare both in practice and race against my VERY GOOD GP 3300's. ( again ofcourse SMC)

To be honest, the first run felt good but nothing really different then a good GP cell.

The second charge felt amazing, The packs do accelerate harder and on our 90x48 technical carpet track the improved AIR really showed.

It was easier to maintain my early pace later into the run, opening laps were 10.2, 10.3's and closing laps were 10.7 and 10.8's (for the most part) The car did have a different powerband and it was very usable on the track.

The extra little bit of runtime gives you a nice confidence to push the car late in the race.

Again these were 1.162's....most packs we have been selling are in the mid to high 1.16's.

anyways just my 2 cents.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Danny, I did not say the cells are bad, the
results with GP 3700 are just better!
Markus
Old 02-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Company Representative

Markus: Guess we can all have our opinion but to say that our opinion is based on the fact that were selling this cell is false.

Our racers who have tested this cell have told us that it's very good. Josh has some of our best GP3300 and some GP3700 to compare against and he prefers the IB3600.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

I wonder wich one to listen to now. A two time worlds A-finalist I have actually met, or an american battery guy I've never seen, but have seen the products of...

But Danny, what about IB3800?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MartinSorlie
I wonder wich one to listen to now. A two time worlds A-finalist I have actually met, or an american battery guy I've never seen, but have seen the products of...

But Danny, what about IB3800?
Well Martin, Danny is Canadian!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Ouch! My mistake, sorry Danny!

Glad I didn't blunt out a phrase from South Park.....
Old 02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Company Representative

Martin: No info yet on the 3800.

You must be familiar with LRP do you think a succesful company like LRP would also use and promote this cell if it wasn't good ?

IB is very committed to improving and making the best possible cell. So far they have been tweaking the 3600 and maybe some of the cells Markus and others have tested are not the latest improved cells.

The same goes with GP the first 3700 we got from them were good but it seems like they have improved them some more. So when someone tests cells you need to take into account the differences in batches and when they were made.

If I were to take the newest IB cells and compare them against GP first attempt at doing the 3700 this would not be a good test.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Danny, give me the contacts please!
and also please send me to [email protected] any information regarding distributing SMC matched batteries like quanitites, pricing etc..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.