R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #136
Tech Regular

THERE was no flaming of the quality of orion product im sure they are fantasic i only questioned how long it takes to ship out a pack it took 4 weeks does tht not seem like a long time to you? besides its a 6 cell i run 4 cell i dont want to ruin the match by running it the adding to cells to give to this kid. so there!
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #137
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speedworld has IB3600 single cells for $4.55. John just bought a case. They are all virgin cell no matter if you buy 6 or 250, what a great deal if you have your own matcher
They also caary the match packs of IB'S.
Thanks SWR
916 783-8864 give them a call in Calif
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:08 AM   #138
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Jack Rimer
So I assume that your 1.195 Orion pack would translate into 1.192 for SMC according to your formula. Since we don't consistently see anything over 1.19 I can only conclude that The Orion numbers are seriously skewed compared to the industry standard (SMC, Trinity, Fusion, Pro-Match, Fukiyama, etc). Take that pack and cycle it, then cycle your SMC the exact same way and I would bet you will be surprised. I think more than one person can vouch for this. I am in no way degrading anyone's cells, however it is important to compare apples to apples.
I agree with where jack is going. I purchased 2 packs of these cells, they were sitting for only a couple weeks prior to me purchasing them ( silly me, why were SMC 1.175's and Whiplash 1.175 selling before 1.119....were people crazy) so I jumped all over them.

I get them home, put them on a heating pad for a little bit ( hey I want to see some good numbers) then put them in the old Turbo Matcher ( same one smc uses and now the same one orion is using)... The cells cycled out to be 1.156 each on average per cell I had one that was a 1.161. Run time on the cells were all 444 8 cells, all the exact same lables 1.190 444sec. not one cell was over 370.

They now are in a friends lathe box, they never sw the carpet. These are probally the best lathe batteries on the markey folks!

You ever wonder why you really don't see SMC, Whiplash,Fukawhoever,Promatch 1.190+ cells on the shel at your LHS cause they are so few and fare inbetween that only top team drivers get these. If the public is getting 1.190+ from Orion what does Hara's lables say 2.50? lol

Seriously, just like in life if its too good to be true.... usually it is!

Last edited by Smalls; 03-12-2005 at 06:29 AM.
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:27 AM   #139
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

ProMatch is selling off its high numbers right now but only two at a time guys. The sale is like this 1.185+ 400+ and what I got in the mail yesterday was one pack 1.186 & 423 the other pack was 1.188 424+ both pack are just waiting for some solder.
Go to there website.
Hope this helps give everyone an edge. I know a few guys better watch out next weekend....
Plus Pro Match do it right...No foney numers.
My Orion packs have become very expensive practice packs.

Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #140
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by McSmooth

You're racing cars, not Turbomatchers.
Schumacher Mi4CX
Mugen MTX & MRX

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #141
Tech Adept

Originally posted by B&O
Typically, high voltage will tends to lead to shorter runtime and vice versa...

Maybe I am wrong, don't know??
No, you are not. The total amount of energy in a cell isn't measured by Mah but in Joules

Joules = discharge-amps X voltage.

So higher voltage means more energy is discharged in the same time. Thus for a cell to have a high voltage and a long runtime it needs to hold a lot of joules (or Watt-hour)

Same goes for using high voltage cells, if you have 1.15 / 420 packs and 1.18 / 420 packs, the 1.15 packs will last longer.
(Motor don't draw a fixed amperage like dischargers)
vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #142
Tech Adept

Anyone who got the newest GP3700 cells. I have heard that it has sligthly larger dia. According to the GP website it is 23mm. anyone please confirm this.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:01 AM   #143
Tech Initiate

Battery matching has become a game like any other IMHO. Although I admit I don't know everything about matching... differences in cutoff, etc affect the numbers you get. My best advise to people when they ask me is to find a reputable company and stay with them. This is more for the sake of true comparison. Regardless of the #'s, if you have a new pack matched by the same people on the same machines and it has higher #'s, its obviously better than the one you already have. There are plenty of very well established companies (both down here in the states and in the great white north...hey Danny) and I feel that consistancy answers this question better than anything. If you find a new company that sounds good however... what does it hurt to try them. Maybe you'll find someone your happier with. I've found two things when it comes to batteries. The company I've been using has continually kept me happy, and that batteries won't buy you laps.
RCDriverER is offline   Reply With Quote