Here is the Yeah pod fix as promised.
When I first got the Yeah R pod I quickly lined it up with my carbon parts and everything was seemingly ok. I totally forgot about the dampener mount though, sorry guys
The install was actually delayed because the Yeah racing pod I received was bent on one side. The side that the motor mounts to was totally concaved so there was no way I was keeping it. A quick email to TQ and another pod was on the way (great service as always).
On my 2nd attempt to install the pod I soon found that the 4 holes on the pod was not threaded! So I tapped some m3 threads and everything started to go into place but when I slid the axle onto the bearing cups I found that the ball diff rubs on the Yeah Racing axle height insert m2 screw heads
Next step was to add countersinks and replaced the phllip head screws with countersunk screws. Once the screw heads are recessed they no longer rubbed on the ball diff.
Then I realized I needed to mount the side dampener
Attached is my simple fix for it. I tapped a 3mm hole and assembled as shown.
Disclaimer- thread tapping- be careful not to rush the thread cutting or you will snap the bit. Turn 1/4 turn, remove bit, clean and repeat
The car is my UF1 LeMans entry. It won last weeks UF1 round. Super stable, maybe too stable. At high speed it wants to push. May have to remove the difuser as it is working way to well on high speed sweepers. Low speed steering was on point!