Wiki Posts
Search

Want to start a NEW RACING GOVERNING BODY

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Personally i treat my club racing like a game of golf, in golf you are not really playing against other players, it is you verses the course and whoever plays the course best wins. I race my RC exactly the same, it is not me verses 9 other racers, it is me verses the track. I could not care if i come last or first, if i have a close race with someone or get wiped by the National Champion. I am there to have fun and the "RACING" against other people is in some ways a distraction to that.

In my younger days i raced motorcycles for sheep stations, as i got older i did it because i enjoyed it, to make up numbers as they say, and now that my body is too busted up to race motorcycles, i race RC for fun and to make up the numbers. As for awards and trophies, i got a wall full of those from real motorsport that i could not care less about, so why would i care about thing like that in RC.
After 18 years in RC I have a similar approach.

I race against myself, my aim is to make my car go faster every run but it is no fun pulling over constantly to let heaps faster cars through and finishing 10 laps down.

I also like racing against other cars, whilst I don't mind winning for me there is nothing better than going toe to toe 2-10 inches away from another car lap after lap. I don't mind if this is pos 1-2 or last and second last and I find most of the time there is someone I can race against.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Good day Gentlemen and Ladies,

I want to begin a true discussion on creating a new Racing Governing Body. I propose we call it the I.R.A Independent Racing Association. The new RGB will work with local area racers to develop ideas and to expand the RC experience to those of all wages. We will allow all price range vehicles, electronics and nitro, while still maintaining a high level of safety. As for memberships, all funds will go to maintaining local area tracks and to help promote local area races as well as creating learning classes and training. We as an orginazation will want to grow and we will do this by reaching out to bigger sponsors so that quality racers will attend events. We will have regional, statewide and national levels of races. But i need your help, understand i am a member of roar but to be honest outside of paying a fee they don't do much here locally in Sunny South Florida.. And we must change this or suffer more closing of tracks and hobby stores... Lets build something big and save the sport. Help me form the I.R.A Independent Racing Association!
Personally, i feel that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel , you need to fully understand how the wheel rolls.
No offense intended but maybe instead of adding yet another governing organization, put your efforts into the betterment of the existing organization at your local level. Work with the clubs in your area for the betterment of the hobby ( not sport). I must say i am blessed as the tracks i race at are extremely well run.
Have you even looked into what it would cost for a startup association would incur? Insurance like ROAR offers ? Promotional fees ? Advertising ? Travel expenses ? Day to day operating expenses ? All to be split amongst very few, seems the fees would have to be astronomical !
I truly am not trying to be a pessimist here, but i see that you are very very new to the hobby and i wonder if you truly understand the scope of what you are attempting.
Good luck in your venture.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I said I would not say any more -this is the exception.
First of al your are in Florida- Miami area. There are 3-4 traveling state series in our state. Nitro Cars (1/8th and 1/10th), Off-road (nitro and electric), Electric On-road and Oval.I know if you go to an electric race (FSEARA) race and need help you can get it by asking someone. I would say the same for the other series.
Also Parking lot races we've done them and built permanent race facilities. some indooor and outdoors. You want to race in the parkiong lots- that's easy. Join ROAR- get a club together- go to a shopping center and have a printed out rule book (you can tell them about the website)- santion your local races.Simple it just talks leg work and asking. What's the worst thing they can say-NO! I've been that route before and done it all myself.
The best way to learn how to drive is following the good drivers and watching how they drive and set-up there cars.
There are several electric tracks in the Miami area and the guys would like to have you race there. Need help- they will be glad to help (at least the guys I know and I've known them for years).
The bottom line is "If you want something done do it yourself". You want information You see my e-mail address. If you want to talk on the phone I'll give you the number.Racing since 1979!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Thank you for the update

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I said I would not say any more -this is the exception.
First of al your are in Florida- Miami area. There are 3-4 traveling state series in our state. Nitro Cars (1/8th and 1/10th), Off-road (nitro and electric), Electric On-road and Oval.I know if you go to an electric race (FSEARA) race and need help you can get it by asking someone. I would say the same for the other series.
Also Parking lot races we've done them and built permanent race facilities. some indooor and outdoors. You want to race in the parkiong lots- that's easy. Join ROAR- get a club together- go to a shopping center and have a printed out rule book (you can tell them about the website)- santion your local races.Simple it just talks leg work and asking. What's the worst thing they can say-NO! I've been that route before and done it all myself.
The best way to learn how to drive is following the good drivers and watching how they drive and set-up there cars.
There are several electric tracks in the Miami area and the guys would like to have you race there. Need help- they will be glad to help (at least the guys I know and I've known them for years).
The bottom line is "If you want something done do it yourself". You want information You see my e-mail address. If you want to talk on the phone I'll give you the number.Racing since 1979!
Sure please feel free to contact me 954.338.9686

Daryl
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Ok understanding i used the wrong group of words

I guess using the weds Governing Body, placed a lot of a different emphasis on what i was trying to accomplish....

I guess i wanted to start something like a Club Racing of America association, having a website where people could find out about all the clubs and local tracks in their areas...

I want to help promote and expand the sport so many of us have a true passion for and all i ask for is HELP!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

ROAR has been asking for help for over 40 years, and they don't get much. Why not answer their call - it would be easier and more effective that your original proposal. Good luck, either way.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
... having a website where people could find out about all the clubs and local tracks in their areas ...
http://www.roarracing.com/tracklocator.php
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Default will do...

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
ROAR has been asking for help for over 40 years, and they don't get much. Why not answer their call - it would be easier and more effective that your original proposal. Good luck, either way.
Originally Posted by ByteStream
I'll be honest I'm in the florida thread talking and there are pretty much no outdoor on road tracks or clubs or people just racing here in South Florida....

I want to change that, i want to help re-establish that part of racing here!

There are a good number of off road tracks but not to many on road just trying to push the interest but there seems to be less here's an idea, but more its already here! Yet tracks and stores continue to close and thats the shame in it all!

Im done thank all of you for your input in this matter and may the sport survive!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Is that all tracks? Including clubs on peoples properties? Classes that Roar does not recognize? Or... Simply a list of Roar affiliated tracks? As it is, that page is broken, you attempt to use a pop down to change the state, and it clicks to the results page instead.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
+1000

get ahold of your local or regional roar rep and see what you can do to help !

David Larry

2106 Winningway St.
Port Charlotte, FL
USA

Phone: 941.661.7938
Email: [email protected]
http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=226
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Done,....

Ill go ahead and contact ROAR and VTA to see how they can assist in getting help on bringing together locals here in the Tri County areas (Dade, Broward and Palm Beach).

i looked at FERSA sorry if spelled wrong, and all of the tracks for them are 2 to 3 hours up north!

Thanks for all of the advice.....

Im done, have a great season!