Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How to get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph?? >

How to get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph??

How to get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph??

Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default How to get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph??

How can I get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph on the street?? This was an old carpet racer, that we used brushed motors on. I obviously want to go brushless, plus I need a battery pack and suitable on-road tires. Looking to get 60mph+.

Any recommendations (motor/ESC combo, battery, tires) would be greatly appreciated.

-
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Speed kills

4.5 BL on 3s should obliderate itself into terminal velocity.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chevy-SS
How can I get my Losi XXXS Graphite over 60mph on the street?? This was an old carpet racer, that we used brushed motors on. I obviously want to go brushless, plus I need a battery pack and suitable on-road tires. Looking to get 60mph+.

Any recommendations (motor/ESC combo, battery, tires) would be greatly appreciated.

-
well it can be done alot of ways

a castle sidewinder SV2 with a castle 7700kv and a good 2cell lipo over 5000mah that's at least 30c will easily hit 90mph

that's just what i ran in mine

but my advise is dont just expect to put it all in and go out and hit high speeds, tires, bodys and setups play into having a setup that is stable and easy to drive at high speeds
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Serpent Guy
well it can be done alot of ways

a castle sidewinder SV2 with a castle 7700kv and a good 2cell lipo over 5000mah that's at least 30c will easily hit 90mph

that's just what i ran in mine

but my advise is dont just expect to put it all in and go out and hit high speeds, tires, bodys and setups play into having a setup that is stable and easy to drive at high speeds

90mph = NIIIICE

And oh yeah, I am aware that setup (and things like tire balancing) would be critical for those types of speeds. I might PM you to get specifics, if you don't mind.

Many thanks!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default Losi XXXS

I also use 2 of my plastic cars for speed cars. Like the other guy said alot of different factors have to be right. My 2 speed cars are on the verge of 100mph. I run constantly in the upper 90's. I'm also running Castle products. PM with any questions. I also built 2 VTA cars out the Losi's.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cdlowe30907
I also use 2 of my plastic cars for speed cars. Like the other guy said alot of different factors have to be right. My 2 speed cars are on the verge of 100mph. I run constantly in the upper 90's. I'm also running Castle products. PM with any questions. I also built 2 VTA cars out the Losi's.
Thanks very much, please expect a PM or two.

Very grateful for help. I'm an old nitro racer, good at tuning a nitro engine, but not too savvy on BL motors.....

Thanks again

-
Old 03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MC112b
Speed kills

4.5 BL on 3s should obliderate itself into terminal velocity.
so true...but also soooo much fun. use a castle mmp speedcontrol, 7700kv motor, 3 cells of lipo, and some kind of foam tires, run some gear thats close to 2.5:1...that should put you somewhere between the speed of a bullet and the speed of the space shuttle!! T___> (<highdownforce car)