Tuning cars

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tuning cars

Can somebody teach me how to tune a rc car? Like suspension or ride height camber everything? or can someone lead me to a video or website? Ive been doing rc for lk half a year but i still cant tune. Sad, im driving a HB TCX if that matters. I dont want to know the setups i just want to know how to so i can experiment by myself. thx
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you have a smartphone the app by Martin Crisp called setup workbench has a ton of valuable info in it. lots to learn regarding roll centers and camber gain in addition to the most basic of stuff. Also has a great diagnostic chart.. ie: what if car is loose on power ... worth looking into !
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I did some google searching for you. There are several sites out there that have the info your looking for. This site seemed to have good info and easy to understand explanations of what wrenching in a particular area will translate to handling wise.

http://crcc.org.uk/rc-technical.php

If you have a something specific happening with your car you need help with let us know.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you have an android or apple device, you can download the app called "RC Setup Workbench" which was created by Martin Crisp, who wrote the xxx-main setup book.

You can also download the xray setup book for free, which can help you get the basics. just google "xray setup book". It will probably be at the top of the results.