Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T1M questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Xray T1M questions

Does anybody have any experience with this 1/12th touring car? I'm interested in getting one but it's not being made anymore and I'm concerned with getting replacement parts. I really like the Xray cars. That's why I'm looking in this direction...Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

The car shares a lot of parts with the T1. It's very rare so you surely won't see any competition with it. If you're interested in it as a colelctor you should buy it, because it's a collectors item
Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I had one. Very Awesome car, super fast and definantly rare. In the right hands, it will pass 1/10's around the track all day!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray

I went to the Xray site and couldn't find any parts for sale. Does anybody have a contact for parts? Also, what cars are an alternative in the 1/12 touring class? Are there any high class cars in that class or is it just a dead area. I noticed there is an Ofna JL12E. Any comments?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slowhand55
I went to the Xray site and couldn't find any parts for sale. Does anybody have a contact for parts? Also, what cars are an alternative in the 1/12 touring class? Are there any high class cars in that class or is it just a dead area. I noticed there is an Ofna JL12E. Any comments?
Parts for this car are very hard to find since it came out in the early 2000s.

Other 4wd "1/12" of that time with large touring car wheels were

Corally mini Assassin
Yokomo MR4 TC mini

Some of the newer 4WD "1/12" cars that use Tamiya mini sized wheels are/were

Active Hobby A210SS/DS
OFNA JL12 (same as above)
ABC Hobby Genetic
Atomic VMii
Fujin 211 Go
HPI Cup Racer
Tamiya M Four mini

Go look at rc-mini for some more info.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Also add the Nanda NRX-12 to the list... I recently picked one up from Orang Utan RC ($168 shipped) and plan to start putting it together this weekend:
http://www.orangutan-rc.com/product-662097.html
Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Still using mine regularly ! Actually more often than my regular TC. The car handles good but has a tendency to grip roll. The CG is pretty high for such a narrow car. I have managed to run with a shorty lipo in it but it showed much more complicated than expected. It doesn't fit length wise, so you have to run it transversally. BUT you have to use a belt tensioner to clear the battery. Then you realize the belt is hitting the steering bellcrank. So you have to make another steering bellcrank from scratch... I did succeed but after countless hours of work, and everything still fits with a shoehorn.

If you want to use a BL motor, you'll realize it's too long and doesn't fit in the chassis opening. Of course you have the option of choosing a spur/pinion combo that keeps the motor above the chassis plate level, but that is terrible for the center of gravity. Butchering the chassis not being an option, I had to actually shorten the motor itself. IIRC I found 1,5mm to spare inside the motor, between the winding and the rear part of the motor. And I found another two or so, on the back plate itself. Now the motor can sit at ride-height level. But in my case it took more than an afternoon of work.

I think a modern 4wd mini with appropriate 55mm tires would be much easier, and would perform much better to be honest. Not to mention parts availability. HTH.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Cuteness !
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1M questions-09012013898.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default cuteness

Beautiful setup!