Wiki Posts
Search

Set-up / pit board

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Set-up / pit board

I was going to buy a custom pit board, but my budget has dried up..
will a sheet of plexi-glass work, about 1/2in thick?
what other alternatives are there?
Old 01-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

It will be fine, just remember to round the borders, because blood is hard to clean from plexy, LOL
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

why does everybody want a custom pit board its a lot cheaper just to use a piece of wood or a towel anything hell even a piece of cardboard
Old 01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by gearless
It will be fine, just remember to round the borders, because blood is hard to clean from plexy, LOL
Another thing you can do to make it nicer is to round the edges with a fine 3M "Roloc" disc , then hit it with a heat gun. It makes the edges all shiny and smooth.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kh15
why does everybody want a custom pit board its a lot cheaper just to use a piece of wood or a towel anything hell even a piece of cardboard
It will bend and if your looking for tweak or whatever its going to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard if your using a towel!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by berger
It will bend and if your looking for tweak or whatever its going to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard if your using a towel!
:

Old 01-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Because we like them and they make your pit area look much nicer...unlike the guys with cardboard boxes LOL. Just my two pennies.
Stephen <><
Old 01-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Here is mine I also have another being worked on.
Stephen <><
Old 01-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

This is the guy that everyone points at and laffs . Cuz he has his car set up with positive camber and hits everything on the track
Old 01-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by howard hudson
This is the guy that everyone points at and laffs . Cuz he has his car set up with positive camber and hits everything on the track
Including You and Me....Man that guy is why I moved up to Expert class....Funny though in yesterdays racing the Expert Class had two groups of drivers and the one I was in had not one single case of Hacktoomuchus, and the second group had a HackaThon, my brother -in-law left after the first qualifier, as with two other guys leaving only one guy left.....The guy listed above...Senior HackMyRide....Gratfully he broke in the second qualifier before takingout anymore of the feild.... There was only one Main and there wereonly four guys,,,,LOL To all who HACK you must leave this Hobby, you make me want to hurt you...STOP now....LOL

Rant over
Stephen <><
Old 01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys.... it really hurts when you pointy and laugh at me.... You know I got feelings too......

But really, I kinda luked out and got my Hudy for $10....

For a cheaper alterative... check out wal-mart, or anywhere you can get cooking supplies... look for cutting boards... Just a week ago I noticed some really nice pieces that would be more than enough for our needs.... and some where less than $9!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Before you buy a cutting board, check it with a straight edge first; you may be surprised how flat it isn't!!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

eh im not that retarted! yes you set up your car on a solid surface duh but for regular mantinance i just thing a peice of anything would work good
Old 01-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

I didn;t buy my custom pit board as a set-up board that is what the Hudy/Yokomo/Integy Boards are for. Custom ones are for strait up for looks and a nice flat surface.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Yes you can use MDF or other piece of scrap wood if you like. I like the Yokomo setup board but they are discontinued. HUDY and Integy make pretty reasonable boards for not too much coin.
Just my two pennies.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

to those reading this, consider buying used from someone at your track. i know a number of people (including myself) that have and 'old' tweak board. nothing necessarily wrong with them, just wanted a new/different model and can't let go of the old one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.