Wiki Posts
Search

PocketPC, Palm and other Handheld Software for RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default PDA

Very handy!! POWER POINT/ WORD and Excel documents in my PDA-- SET UP sheets/ the BIBLE/the OXFORD dictionary/ my RC wishlist/ A Medical Dictionay and 5 other medical books and so much more-----!!!

You can use the program of "DOCUMENTS TO GO" very good program. can run both on palm OS and pocket PC.

I can even browse or Look at RCtech on wifi!!!!! Almost like a loptop but smaller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the site of kiyano.net (????) explains how he uses a pda to be a lap timer/counter. Its in Japanese.

Hope someone comes out witha program soon!!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

We have one for the PalmOS:

Palm Rollout Calc

It was written in VB.NET using AppForge for the Palm.

I need to tweak it some more though. I don't think it is quite right.

Shan
Old 01-19-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RochesterRC
We have one for the PalmOS:

Palm Rollout Calc

It was written in VB.NET using AppForge for the Palm.

I need to tweak it some more though. I don't think it is quite right.

Shan
I tried it and never got it to work correctly... You need to come out with a millimeter version, most of us don't use the inch scale....
Old 01-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
How do i install it to my Pocket PC?? I've already got .NET framework installed on my desktop. Thanks.

Sorry... my bad.. figured it out already. How silly of me.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys,

I am also interested in software for PocketPCs for RC as well as suggestions. I currently develop for PPCs in PocketPowerbuilder. I got a Dell Axim X50 for Christmas and was thinking of writing an application for storing setups, track information and laptimes for practicing. I was thinking of adding the ability to draw the track to store with each setup as well as add graphing to show progress with each setup change.

Any suggestions would be great. I am still trying to come up with ideas for a useful application.

Karen
Old 01-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

somthing to interface with the orion lap counter would be great
Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

That would be cool, but i don't have an orion lap counter.

Are they usefull for practicing? My husband and i trade off and he times my laps and i time his.

Karen
Old 01-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

i think thay are very useful. we practice on wed nights and i like to set it up and see my times because thay don't use the amb system that night. it has a link cord to go to a pc and softwear to track times but i have never used it. the reason i thought it would be nice for a pocket pc is the transponder sends it signal to the box via inferred (sp) so if you could just set your pocket pc down instead of the box it would hold and transfer data to a spread sheet to track your times. basicly cutting out the middle man

Rob
Old 01-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hmm, Sounds simple enough. I am not sure how accurate or exact the infared is on a PPC. I will have to look into it.

Karen
Old 01-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

tell you what Karen if you could make somthing like that happen i bet it would be very popular.

one added note there are several channels the transponders are on that way you can have more that one recever counting cars

Rob
Old 01-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow! All the replies!

Thanks guys! Its cool hearing all the opinions on this topic!

I'm surprised that none of the vendors' representatives have posted their opinions in here. Because after all, there is a market for those of us who own PDAs/PPCs and I'm sure lots of other people will follow suit when such devices to interface with our PDAs are made available.

Its no longer cool to lug your laptop to the races! (umm, unless you have one of those cool mini sized laptops )
Old 01-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I tried it and never got it to work correctly... You need to come out with a millimeter version, most of us don't use the inch scale....
Yeah .. sorry about that. I wasn't thinking when I first wrote it. It is in inches only right now.

When I have some free time I will change it so you can do either.

Shan
Old 01-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Pocket PC HP jornada.. Does anyone know of a rollout chart that will work for that?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, finally got around to doing some work on my Palm. Here is version 1.0 of my RC Rollout calculator...

It has 3 parts...

#1. a Generic Calculator
#2. a Roll-out calculator (inches or MM)
#3. Find the right pinion given all the other values, this one I find the most useful especially as tires wear....

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/palm/rc_calculator.prc

Simply download the PRC, store it somewhere on your harddrive, launch your Palm Desktop, click the Install button on the left, Add the file to the list and then Sync your Palm. It will show up as rc_calculator. I am working on a custom icon next....

If someone wants a custom compiled version with your cars transmission / spur pre-filled out, shoot me a PM and I will try and accomodate....

If anyone finds this very useful and wants to throw a couple of $$$ my way, I'd be happy to accept it....

All feedback / suggestions / enhancements are welcome
Old 02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

As long as it works for us Mac guys, I'm interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.