Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher TC's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Schumacher TC's

Any guys out there running Schumacher touring cars? What is the difference between the Mi1, Mi4CX, and the Mi4CXL besides the price. I think the deal at Amain for the Mi4CX is pretty good 309.99? Why is the CXL so much more?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Any guys out there running Schumacher touring cars? What is the difference between the Mi1, Mi4CX, and the Mi4CXL besides the price. I think the deal at Amain for the Mi4CX is pretty good 309.99? Why is the CXL so much more?
Mi1 - old design that Schumacher decided to revisit last year and use as entry level car - plastic bits, only alloy motor holder, fiberglass narrow chassis/shocktowers, and torx screws (I know odd nowdays)

Mi4CX - last year's car had lightened bulkheads compared to older cars and had been using 3 instead of 2 screws on each part of bulkhead compared to older cars. Top deck setup was taken from older cars i.e. angled. One extra upgrade compared to older cars were new driveshafts coupled with new diff outdrives and front spool - made for more durability and for better handling which was a plus.

Mi4CXL - long horizontal top deck was used opposed to CX version, some bits were used for angled top deck had been cut off out of the box. Soft weave chassis is in the box compared to std old one (different layering of CF clothes so it has different flex characteristics in twist left/right and front/rear). Then there is new steering utilised - basically it gives you great steering feeling without need of twin point steering upgrade (wasn't necessary but this upgrade was really nice). Lastly - more holes for shock position adjustment and new high anti roll bar setup.

To be honest I think that CXL does worth the money with all those changes. If you don't want to spend as much, CX will do the job as well. Main reason why CX is so much cheaper - it's old model and was replaced with new one so they just try to sell out old stock.

I'm not sure if my answer covers all your questions in satisfactory way. If you got any other questions - just ask. You can also take a look at official Mi4 thread here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...acher-mi4.html
Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have no idea why AMain has the CXL for so much.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SCHK127

I'd definitely take that over the discounted CX. CXL has soft-weave chassis, new steering components, new top deck, new swaybars, new arms for the swaybars, new hinge pin geometry...

Buying new, though, I'd probably go for a TC6.1. Better parts support, cheaper parts, better aftermarket support, and better support at the track. Fit and finish may not be perfect, but mine went together straight and is fast. Although I think I'm going to part with it to simplify my spares situation, and focus on driving and setup skills for another year.

-Mike
Old 03-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default CX vs CXL

I have both.
the CX will do very nicely outdoors...the driveshafts are the bomb...bullet proof..in so many ways..
car has very good grip ..find the right setup..and leave it..works everywhere.

the CXL...great on carpet..very different steering dynamic...

CX is an absolute bargain...
i bought one at that Amainprice...just for outdoors...
i had a big grin on my face as I was building it.

i still love the diff holders on the CX...someone was smoking the right stuff when they thought of it...

both cars have been bullet proof...only broke 2 parts so far...

i've had TC6, 6.1, Xray, HB, Top, etc...etc...I like my Schumacher best to date.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Use the current Schumacher thread