Search

Comparing Electronics..Cheaper vs. Not so Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridepate
And this is just a sticker right???
We'll just agree to disagree....I'd like to see you remove my radio..........

Nice sticker. Now show us Doc.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ridepate
And this is just a sticker right???
We'll just agree to disagree....I'd like to see you remove my radio..........

The picture won't load on my connection on that URL.

So, unless it has an FCC ID, and the relevant FCC regulations mentioned that they were tested, and approved to either on the sticker, or in the manual, it's just a sticker.

If your sticker has all that info, my apologies, again, I can't see it on this connection.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Just post the FCC ID, and we can look the info up.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well.. a lot of good points in this thread.. I suppose I will throw in my 2 cents.

My suggestion on most things in the hobby are BUY USED. This allows you to get good condition products for less. That way you don't have to give up quality.. just make sure whatever you guy is in good condition and the seller has good feedback.

I agree with most.. alot of the "Name brand" stuff you are paying for the name and for what you get..they are overpriced.. like Apple computers haha
But, I'm a brand fan boy so I buy my stuff used so I get the name for cheaper..

I would say the one place I wouldn't skimp out on is the Transmitter though...

For a basher.. sure..I would recommend buying cheap.. something with cheap receivers like the Flysky Gt3B.

For a racer.. buy the best you can. Think about it.. if you plan on being in this hobby/sport for any extended amount of time.. the transmitter is going to be the one thing that you can keep. No matter what happens to what ever car/s you have you always need a transmitter. With racing your going to be holding the transmitter very frequently..so why not have a high quality system, that feels good in the hand and will last you YEARS.

I personally have owned two Flysky Gt3B's I got them right after they came out.. mainly because the receivers were so cheap. Once they are great for bashers with lots of cars.. but, once I started to race competitively, I found that the GT3B felt a bit cheap in the hands...it wasn't something that I wanted to hold 3 days a week for many hours at the track... and wasn't quite as accurate as I wanted.. I also didn't want to hack it. So.. I got a used Futaba 3pks with a xtreme power systems module and receivers.. the receivers are $30 and are smaller than the Flysky ones. I am happy about this switch.. the Futaba is higher quality and feels more comfortable in the hands. I know the 3pks is a radio I will be able to use for years no matter what car I race.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eds24
I would say the one place I wouldn't skimp out on is the Transmitter though...

For a racer.. buy the best you can. Think about it.. if you plan on being in this hobby/sport for any extended amount of time.. the transmitter is going to be the one thing that you can keep. No matter what happens to what ever car/s you have you always need a transmitter. With racing your going to be holding the transmitter very frequently..so why not have a high quality system, that feels good in the hand and will last you YEARS.
+1.

The transmitter is a very important piece of equipment.

If it doesnt feel right in your hands, it may take some time to feel right, or you may not get used to it at all.

You really need to get a feel of a transmitter before you buy one IMO.

I was lucky enough to my transmitter off a friend who was known by everyone at my local track at the time, so I could not only try it first, but buy his equipment with confidence.

One repair in 12/13 years of use.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Think about this...

Hobbywing makes esc's for Speed Passion
Hobbywing makes esc's for Team Orion
Hobbywing makes esc's for Venom

And the list goes on and on and on...

Atleast we buy the orginals.

Would you buy this: