Wiki Posts
Search

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I love my CRC but all of them are pretty much the same.

Not all the spec tires have the stripe. I know Jaco and GQ do not. The foam is the same for all of them but wheels can make a difference. Jaco has a pretty soft wheel which is good for grip, GQ has a stiffer wheel which may be better in high bite, I'll find out next weekend.

Same servos as 1/12th. Futaba 9650 or the JR something or other are my favorites.
Thanks Sean. Appreciate the opinions. Maybe they'll let me lay down a few drops of Koford Brown before each corner...

Originally Posted by Still Bill
And seeing that CRC is in Rome, NY, they are virtually in your backyard for parts and setup assistance.

Check out the CRC Gen X-10 LE thread on this website to get the full info.

Bill
That is definately a factor Bill. The Calandra's are great guys!

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I can say I've had 2 brands in the last few years- Corally and the CRC Gen X LE. My teammate has tried the BMI, TOP and now the Speedmerchant.Out of the bunch I'll stick with my CRC. As for front servos-I've been using a JR DS3421 with no problems. Tires most have the purple strip and two don't. I use either Jaco or CRC. But I also use Purple fronts and pink rears (Our Florida series allows any tires). But most use the spec tires.
ESC I use NOVAK (Edge, Havoc Pro SC or Impact). Used them all with great luck and success.Presently I've got the Impact- the size of the Edge and in between the weight of an Edge and Havoc. Whatever you choose have fun.
Thanks - I will definately choose fun

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Gary if your thinking of racing this at 360. Stop by I help you out pal
Phil - It's the only place I was thinking of running it I know how much you enjoyed watching me cream the Neocoli Box this summer, I thought I could entertain you as well this winter I will definately be asking you for advice. By the time I get done you'll be sorry you offered...

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Cheap is cheap. Don't go any less than HW. If you want to save some bucks, get the HW JustStock ESC and put a 1s booster. You're only problem with that is that you'll have to run it with no lipo cut-off, but if you're careful, you can get away with it. BTW all those cheap ESCs are impossible to program without the optional program box, be sure to get one.
Sound advice - thanks. I really wanted to avoid having to deal with a receiver pack or a booster. I have an older SP Gran Turismo ESC I can use to get started if I decide to run the booster. Local rules are blinky so I don't know whether bothering to have a boosted ESC is something I'll ever use anyway.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Green Machine!
Hey R. what's up? Are you running tc or wgt somewhere too? I'm going to start to frequent TQ and CalRaceway as much as I can again.
WGT chassis - check
Tires - check
Body - check
Esc with booster - check
13.5 motor - check
Radio gear - check
1s lipos - check
Time to go out and play - Working on it.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
Thanks Sean. Appreciate the opinions. Maybe they'll let me lay down a few drops of Koford Brown before each corner...
Doesn't work. You need to get some Stick-It Red.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally! Now for some test & tune time. No looking under the hood. LOL
With balancing weights I'm at 980 grams on the WGT. Sound about right?

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec-3-cars.jpg
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

I believe minimum weight for WGT is 930g.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Finally! Now for some test & tune time. No looking under the hood. LOL
With balancing weights I'm at 980 grams on the WGT. Sound about right?

Attachment 975407
Probably all the paint on that good looking body that makes it 50 grams heavy.

You don't need all that rear wing. Wing should get trimmed per ROAR's WGT wing rules. And then tune around that.

Let's see the car sans body.

Bill
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default What do you think we should be changed in world gt?

how about 2s and 17.5 or 21.5?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
Making it more popular would help. The current battery and motor rules are just fine now. People are amazed at how fast and how well these cars handle. I did a demo at a new track and almost everyone wanted to know more.

Going to 2S will obsolete the majority, if not all, of chassis out there now and will thin WGT participation immensely. Adding the expense of a new motor will do the same.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Well said.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

+1 Very well said. For me part of the attraction to WGT is fact that you can go pretty quick on single cell, with a simple, lightweight car.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That would increase weight and tire wear.

Very few that have raced 1s Boosted 13.5 WGT thinks its slow. If you want more speed run a 10.5 or Mod motor. That's all the speed you will ever want.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I got some track time. First time out and about .9 - 1 sec off track record. Got the car re-balanced and weighted to 933 grams with 54mm tires. The Serpent kit came with basically soft to medium springs all around. I'm sure whatever TQ sells should fit the side and front and center spring on the Serpent. What would you recomend? Stiffer? My car actually started to want to traction roll in some corners. the two inner wheels came off the ground a few times. I was turning pretty well. I have currantly 10lb front springs, 5.5lb side springs and 14lb center spring. Thanks guys
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

I got some track time. First time out and about .9 - 1 sec off track record. Got the car re-balanced and weighted to 933 grams with 54mm tires. The Serpent kit came with basically soft to medium springs all around. I'm sure whatever TQ sells should fit the side and front and center spring on the Serpent. What would you recomend? Stiffer? My car actually started to want to traction roll in some corners. the two inner wheels came off the ground a few times. I was turning pretty well. I have currantly 10lb front springs, 5.5lb side springs and 14lb center spring. Thanks guys
Hi mate, I would say if you are lifting wheels, then your car is probably too stiff. Try softening it up slightly so you still have good steering but without the wheels lifting and possibly traction rolling.

Cheers!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

There has been a big debate on running 1c/10.5 with 2c/17.5 at our nationals here in the UK, with a weight penalty placed on the 2c/17.5 cars. It turns out that the 1c cars went better through the corners whilst the 2c cars had more zip down the straight. Caused a fair amount of hassle actually so it would be good just to have one class and then there's no argument!

Cheers.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

What is your front camber set at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.