Wiki Posts
Search

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Just a simple thread as I can't find one where we all go to discuss setups, manufacturer's, best places to race, etc. This is a growing class that needs to be taken seriously. We have racers in different parts of the world who run this at 13.5 and 10.5 1s indoor on carpet, 17.5 to 10.5 2s Outdoor on asphalt, both with boosted and blinky configurations.

I currently run a CRC Gen X 10 Pro converted to an LE, 13.5 blinky set up for indoor carpet. This class at my local track is a blast with some very good racers. I learn more about my car every week and hope to improve weekly. Right now my goal is to finish 1 less lap down from the leader as possible with no marshalling required. I'm about 6 laps back currently and come very close to zero marshalling now. My best lap times on average are still .5 slower than his, but my top 20 are consistent.

This last weekend, I broke in the main. At the start the top 2 got tangled up and I somehow ended up in the lead. I lost it, tapped the car into a barrier running a corner a hair short and broke the steering knuckle on the 3rd lap. Oh well, I still had fun.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

good idea for a thread mate!

The class is growing over here in the UK and I can't wait for the national series this year.

We run either 1s 10.5 930gms weight limit or 2s 17.5 1150gms weight limit, both boosted.

I run a CRC GenX 10 LE with 10.5 boosted and love the car to bits. There has been some very close racing in the UK.

I run a blog about my WGT racing http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/ (really must update it more often this year!!)

Lets hope this class grows from strength to strength as I love it!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our biggest on-road class is WGT 13.5 boosted.

We have a smallish track so our lap times are in the low 9s with an occasional dip into the high 8s. We run the ROAR rules in WGT.

Most of the cars are CRCs and there are two or three AE RC10R5s.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Just a simple thread as I can't find one where we all go to discuss setups, manufacturer's, best places to race, etc. This is a growing class that needs to be taken seriously. We have racers in different parts of the world who run this at 13.5 and 10.5 1s indoor on carpet, 17.5 to 10.5 2s Outdoor on asphalt, both with boosted and blinky configurations.

I currently run a CRC Gen X 10 Pro converted to an LE, 13.5 blinky set up for indoor carpet. This class at my local track is a blast with some very good racers. I learn more about my car every week and hope to improve weekly. Right now my goal is to finish 1 less lap down from the leader as possible with no marshalling required. I'm about 6 laps back currently and come very close to zero marshalling now. My best lap times on average are still .5 slower than his, but my top 20 are consistent.

This last weekend, I broke in the main. At the start the top 2 got tangled up and I somehow ended up in the lead. I lost it, tapped the car into a barrier running a corner a hair short and broke the steering knuckle on the 3rd lap. Oh well, I still had fun.
Hey, I know you!!!!

Access RacePlace is located in Springfield, OH. It is a 63'x33' CRC FastTrack surface. We run SXT 3.0 compound, and all the WGT cars currently running at our facility are GenX10 variants, some pros, some LE's. Competitive laps at our track are around the 7.2 sec range in 13.5 1s blinky.

This class has shown some pretty serious turnouts at the "major events", Vegas, Snowbirds, and Cleveland. I'd love to see it grow even more.

Any questions I can help answer regarding set-up, just let me know.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Greetings from a small country by the Baltic sea - Latvia. Although our onroad racing is having hard times, we still get 10-12 local drivers in WGT class. Most of us run BMI cars as it's the only car with any parts support. I am organizing events, running in them and also trying to keep parts and GT tires available for everybody.

Our rules:
1) 17.5T bosted + 2S Lipo @1050g
2) 10.5T boosted + 1S Lipo @930g

Most people choose to run 2S setup.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
Greetings from a small country by the Baltic sea - Latvia. Although our onroad racing is having hard times, we still get 10-12 local drivers in WGT class. Most of us run BMI cars as it's the only car with any parts support. I am organizing events, running in them and also trying to keep parts and GT tires available for everybody.

Our rules:
1) 17.5T bosted + 2S Lipo @1050g
2) 10.5T boosted + 1S Lipo @930g

Most people choose to run 2S setup.
Wow 2s would be awesome!

I wish ROAR would add a "mod" class for WGT mainly to get the factory pilots out of the 13.5T Blinky. I love this class and would love to see it grow.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
good idea for a thread mate!

The class is growing over here in the UK and I can't wait for the national series this year.

We run either 1s 10.5 930gms weight limit or 2s 17.5 1150gms weight limit, both boosted.

I run a CRC GenX 10 LE with 10.5 boosted and love the car to bits. There has been some very close racing in the UK.

I run a blog about my WGT racing http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/ (really must update it more often this year!!)

Lets hope this class grows from strength to strength as I love it!
Hi Chris, looking forward to running my new car, with new parts on it, with a new motor and a new speedo this Sunday at Ardent! Gonna be fun mate, although there is lots of potential for things not to go to plan with all that new stuff on-board!! Oh, and I may need some new tyres also, lol! Cheers, Chris.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by liljohn1064

Hey, I don't know you!!!!

NORCAR at The Gate is located in Brunswick, OH. It is a 90'x44' CRC FastTrack surface. We run SXT 3.0 compound, and most of the WGT cars currently running at our facility are CRC variants, as well as some Associated 10R5s. Competitive laps at our track are around the 8.4 sec range in 13.5 1s blinky.

http://www.norcarracing.com/
Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default WGT

I think if we ran bodies similiar to 1/12 there would be a larger following. I just don't like the bodies, and if it wasn't spec that might help also.

Steve Dunn
Old 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

I think the bodies (although the sophia reigns supreme) are one of the biggest plus points for the class. Makes the cars look more real perhaps? Shame there wasn't more shell that handled the same as the sophia.

I love the spec tyre aspect about the class, one set of tyres chuck them on the car and they work!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'd actually like to see even more realistic bodies. Maybe something like the McAllister Daytona prototypes.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I'd actually like to see even more realistic bodies. Maybe something like the McAllister Daytona prototypes.
+1
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Since the cars are so big, the SPEC tire formula seems to work very well. The cars are more forgiving than their 12th scale little brothers, and it seems like it's easier to get new pancar racers "up to speed" in WGT. Plus the Team Purple/Lilac rubber lasts FOREVER.

As for bodies, I really like the GT style shells for the class. I also worry that going to prototype shells could lead to potential dilution of the 12th scale classes. Perhaps a few more choices that actually handle would be nice. I'd love to see a BMW M3, Jag XKR, and an amendment to the rules to allow 911 GT3's. I mean seriously, what's a GT class without 911's?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

There are realistic looking bodies from HPI but their handling doesn't match the looks. Just like in TC most racers will gravitate to the better handling bodies rather than have looks. That is why you had so many Stratus followed by Mazda 6 bodies.

Protoform had a nice Corvette body that handled decently but the low volume of sales killed that off.

Now it's the Protoform Sophia, Parma DB9 or McCallister Ferrari. Take your pick, they all seem good.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Subscribe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.