R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post

Nice photos. What is the story behind them?

Bill
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #437
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Nice photos. What is the story behind them?

Bill
Hey Bill,

This was the ROAR region 4 Regional Race held at Valkaria RC in Florida last weekend. Dave Vera in the # 1 spot running a TOP Rebel (that he won in a raffle two weeks earlier! TQ and win), Joe Conte taking 2nd running a Speedmerchant, and Ken Moss (me) running a CRC LE. Great two days of racing and we were able to promote the class well to get a few more racers involved in the class. Their was a 10 car turnout for the class, we are trying to grow it as it is such a great class to run.

Ken
mosssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #438
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am aware of a Spec 17.5 GT class that runs in Florida. Did was this class a part of the race at Valkaria? It's basically WGT with a 17.5 and more of a scale body.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #439
Tech Adept

This was 13.5 blinky standard ROAR rules WGT on Spec Tires.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #440
Tech Elite

Cool. Just curious. Bummed to hear that Associated is getting out of the pan car business. Hopefully this is temporary.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #441
Tech Adept

Yeah, that's too bad, we actually had a fairly diverse field. AE, BMI, CRC SE LE, TOP, Speedmerchant.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #442
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosssman View Post
Hey Bill,

This was the ROAR region 4 Regional Race held at Valkaria RC in Florida last weekend. Dave Vera in the # 1 spot running a TOP Rebel (that he won in a raffle two weeks earlier! TQ and win), Joe Conte taking 2nd running a Speedmerchant, and Ken Moss (me) running a CRC LE. Great two days of racing and we were able to promote the class well to get a few more racers involved in the class. Their was a 10 car turnout for the class, we are trying to grow it as it is such a great class to run.

Ken

Thanks ken

My car is ready to go looking forward to racing it a nationals at FTR and for the FSEARA opener race at VALKARIA RC

What's the deal about the blue stripe tire in FSEARA
Old 06-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #443
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
Thanks ken

My car is ready to go looking forward to racing it a nationals at FTR and for the FSEARA opener race at VALKARIA RC

What's the deal about the blue stripe tire in FSEARA
They mean purple stripe. The only sketchy thing will be having an alternate soft tire that is not striped. This defeats the purpose of having the one spec tire, and opens things up for complaints. I hope this does not end up being a problem for the class.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #444
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosssman View Post
They mean purple stripe. The only sketchy thing will be having an alternate soft tire that is not striped. This defeats the purpose of having the one spec tire, and opens things up for complaints. I hope this does not end up being a problem for the class.
Yea sounds like a problem about to happen lol
Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not really as we have had open tires since we started the class. Now when we run you have a better choice that works everywhere. By the way the last time Dave Vera raced a pan car and won the National title here in Jacksonville at the 2000 Nationals.
Pete send me a pm with what your planing to run at the nationals- Motor and gearing.
As for the Spec17.5 Gt class it is running strong in Fort Myers at Jeff's place. Would like to get it going in the state series or the up coming Snowbirds.
I don't think we'll get it in the state series- still trying to get the numbers up for WGT.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #446
Suspended

Thumbs up

All ready for the nationals
Attached Thumbnails
World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec-image.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pete you going to the practice date on July 5th?
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #448
Tech Apprentice

Default xray x10 2015

Is anyone running this new kit in their local WGT or LMP class? I'm planning on running 13.5 with 2s but haven't decided on a speedo yet.. any recs? Some forums are saying to run 1s with a booster but no one is saying whether the 1s or 2s setup is better to run. There aren't a lot of speedo's on the market for 1s so that's making the decision one step easier.
Also, since this is my first foam tire kit, can you use the same foam tires on carpet and on asphalt tracks?
Thanks in advance..
Ghartman581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #449
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghartman581 View Post
Is anyone running this new kit in their local WGT or LMP class? I'm planning on running 13.5 with 2s but haven't decided on a speedo yet.. any recs? Some forums are saying to run 1s with a booster but no one is saying whether the 1s or 2s setup is better to run. There aren't a lot of speedo's on the market for 1s so that's making the decision one step easier.
Also, since this is my first foam tire kit, can you use the same foam tires on carpet and on asphalt tracks?
Thanks in advance..
I ran one at the IIC last week. It is a great car, handles well, and is very durable. Now...1s vs 2s...well that really isn't a choice. That really depends on what the rules are where you run. The official WGT rules are 1s only but a few clubs deviate from that. So if going 1s the question is if you want to run a separate booster or receiver pack or not. For me the added hassle of an external booster or receiver pack is not worth it. There are several 1s ESCs on the market with a built in booster so you don't need additional equipment to run it. My personal favorite would be the ORCA 1s ESC. It has one of the smallest foot prints of any of the ESCs and doesn't need a booster. It's also very fast! Like batteries if your club follows the official WGT rules then there is only 1 tire choice. WGT runs a spec lilac compound tire.
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #450
Tech Apprentice

Default cont..

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I ran one at the IIC last week. It is a great car, handles well, and is very durable. Now...1s vs 2s...well that really isn't a choice. That really depends on what the rules are where you run. The official WGT rules are 1s only but a few clubs deviate from that. So if going 1s the question is if you want to run a separate booster or receiver pack or not. For me the added hassle of an external booster or receiver pack is not worth it. There are several 1s ESCs on the market with a built in booster so you don't need additional equipment to run it. My personal favorite would be the ORCA 1s ESC. It has one of the smallest foot prints of any of the ESCs and doesn't need a booster. It's also very fast! Like batteries if your club follows the official WGT rules then there is only 1 tire choice. WGT runs a spec lilac compound tire.
First thanks for your help and your reply! Is there another option outside of ORCA for a 1s esc? Orion has the Vortex r10 pro for the same money..
Ghartman581 is offline   Reply With Quote