R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #271
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peli View Post
Hi guys,

Im just starting to get into WGT,and would like to know a few things about the chassis available

I can get good local parts support for the Xray X10 in both versions,The AE 10R5.1 and maybe the TOP Racing WGT.

Which car out of these three would be better to learn with,stronger,and less susceptible to tweak?I still crash a bit.

Also,the track is indoor,tight,bumpy,medium grip asphalt at my local track,indoor Ozite at another,outdoor smooth asphalt at the other.Which out of the 3 chassis above would be better in these lower grip,bumpier conditions?

Would link,or T plate be the go?

I realise it's all up too the driver,just checking to see what yor opinions are on these cars.I have raced F1 for 6months,not much onroad experience.

I might start on 2S 17.5,two other mates picking this up may go beefier in the motor department.We will work that out once we run them.

Just looking for any input into what car would be best suited to the above requirements.
Any help/input much appreciated
The boys from Newy run 10R5's, X10's and Serpents.

Motor is usually 10.5 1s but at Moorebank they run 10.5 2s (wish we could get there more often), at Highway's we run 10.5 1s which is more than enough for the tight track.

Tyres are open, we don't run WGT spec tyres but it is handy to have some to try (I like the BSR fronts at Newy and at Moorebank).

Wish we could get more into WGT as it would have been a good night at Highways tonight but we only had 3 drivers keen from Newy and no reply from a post for any Sydney guys, probably a little to close to Christmas for some.

Hope this info is usefull to you.

Merry Christmas to all.

Robert

MRJ Racing
Bobtheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #272
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheracer View Post
The boys from Newy run 10R5's, X10's and Serpents.

Motor is usually 10.5 1s but at Moorebank they run 10.5 2s (wish we could get there more often), at Highway's we run 10.5 1s which is more than enough for the tight track.

Tyres are open, we don't run WGT spec tyres but it is handy to have some to try (I like the BSR fronts at Newy and at Moorebank).

Wish we could get more into WGT as it would have been a good night at Highways tonight but we only had 3 drivers keen from Newy and no reply from a post for any Sydney guys, probably a little to close to Christmas for some.

Hope this info is usefull to you.

Merry Christmas to all.

Robert
Robert,

Are you planning to run with regular-sized or shorty 2S packs?

Bill
Old 12-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #273
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Robert,

Are you planning to run with regular-sized or shorty 2S packs?

Bill
Bill
I have been running 4400mah Intellect shorty packs and only using about 2300 -2700mah in a 6 minute run.

Robert

MRJ Racing
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #274
Tech Champion

Quote:
Bill
I have been running 4400mah Intellect shorty packs and only using about 2300 -2700mah in a 6 minute run.

Robert
Robert,

Understood. The Aussies that purchased my two original CRC WGT cars a couple years ageo were both using full-sized 2S packs for their local racing down under. Was thinking that was still happening there.

Shorty packs are the way to go.

I would promote the CRC car to you; but, you apparently are fully dedicated to Associated per your signature. Another capable car!

Cheers!

Bill
Old 12-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #275
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Robert,

Understood. The Aussies that purchased my two original CRC WGT cars a couple years ageo were both using full-sized 2S packs for their local racing down under. Was thinking that was still happening there.

Shorty packs are the way to go.

I would promote the CRC car to you; but, you apparently are fully dedicated to Associated per your signature. Another capable car!

Cheers!

Bill
Bill
My son and one of my mates used to run CRC's but are now running XRays.

I may have to do some ajustments on my signature after Christmas as I have a feeling Santa has a new 10R5.1 for me.

Robert

MRJ Racing
Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #276
Tech Champion

Quote:
Bill
My son and one of my mates used to run CRC's but are now running XRays.

I may have to do some ajustments on my signature after Christmas as I have a feeling Santa has a new 10R5.1 for me.

Robert
Good luck with that.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 12-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #277
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Buying CRC Gen-X 10 LE Full Kit

Hi there,
Merry Christmas to you all!
Could someone reccomend me, where could i buy Gen-X 10 LE Full Kit?
Will i need some upgrades after buying the kit? I would like to race on carpet, using 17.5T boosted.
Thank you
Sanwa M12
Mindux00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go to TeamCRC.com and buy it direct. It comes complete. If you want to dress it up with the alum standoffs. I would get the center shock spring kit with all the springs.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #279
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!

Merry Christmas to the entire World GT family across the planet.
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #280
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
Merry Christmas to the entire World GT family across the planet.
Ditto! Be you carpet or asphalt racers...or both!

Bill
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #281
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Happy Holidays Everyone.

I'm trying to mod my Speedmerchant WGT for inline battery placement. I'm using the old school front end with the steering servo mounted between them to put as much weight forward as possible. My question is, when mounting the battery inline to get more weight towards the front, where should the balance point be on the chassis for proper weight distribution between fore and aft? Should it be dead center between front and back or should it be somewhere between center and back? If between center and back, how far behind the center?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long will a 4400mah Shorty pack last though ???
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #283
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Happy Holidays Everyone.

I'm trying to mod my Speedmerchant WGT for inline battery placement. I'm using the old school front end with the steering servo mounted between them to put as much weight forward as possible. My question is, when mounting the battery inline to get more weight towards the front, where should the balance point be on the chassis for proper weight distribution between fore and aft? Should it be dead center between front and back or should it be somewhere between center and back? If between center and back, how far behind the center?
Hey Roger. I'm still basically new to wgt but wouldn't that weight biast just depend on how you want the car to handle on a given track. More or less steering... My Serpent gives a few differant battery position options front to rear for that type of tuning. Or am I not understanging the question properly?
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Happy Holidays Everyone.

Most of the fastest SpeedMerchant guys are running the battery ~25mm behind the servo, placing the receiver there, with the speedo behind the battery. RedBullFiXX Dave Beger runs it right behind the servo with the speedo and RX behind the battery. That works great for him but when I tried that I was .1-.2 sec a lap slower at my track.

The cool think is there is plenty of room to try it all on a WGT chassis. I would start 25mm back and then try it forward after you get a good setup you your local track.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #285
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Yeah,
You definitely don't want to run a setup like like mine
With something entirely different, like a 10R5.1, or any other car for that matter

Seriously, my cars are built to suit my taste
If they happen to go quick enough to put it in the A'
Well, that's just a bonus

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote