R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #151
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,077
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Still Bill always told me to alternate the rear tires to the fronts and vise versa!
Only you were told that special secret!

And just when you got fast...you quit!
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic
 
Green Machine!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 816
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Only you were told that special secret!

And just when you got fast...you quit!
ok, so maybe I'll just absorb 99% of the advice on this thread. lol
__________________
Team Kamikaze.
XCEED RC
SERPENT
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #153
Tech Addict
 
irockflipflops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

do any of you guys remember the Le Mans cars that Tamiya produced? I noticed they are just over 200 mm, but would they allowed to race in this group?
irockflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #154
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockflipflops View Post
do any of you guys remember the Le Mans cars that Tamiya produced? I noticed they are just over 200 mm, but would they allowed to race in this group?
Check with your local track, see what they say ?

I wouldn't have any issues racing my WGT against a Tamiya LM car

Often in club racing rules are a bit more slack to build the program
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #155
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Check with your local track, see what they say ?

I wouldn't have any issues racing my WGT against a Tamiya LM car

Often in club racing rules are a bit more slack to build the program
Yeah, at our track we often just throw all the 1/10th cars in together if no single class has enough entries. We're looking for a little fun, not X-Acto knives at 10 paces.
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #156
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
not X-Acto knives at 10 paces.
that could be fun.
__________________
Exotek F1 Ultra
Exotek F1R
CRC Gen-X 10 LE
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #157
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,077
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
ok, so maybe I'll just absorb 99% of the advice on this thread. lol
And if I ever get myself back down to TQ, I guarantee that I can tell you what not to do too.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #158
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,020
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Only you were told that special secret!

And just when you got fast...you quit!
Ouch!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #159
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,077
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Ouch!
Friends?
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #160
Tech Fanatic
 
Green Machine!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 816
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!
Default

almost finished with the S100LT! I want to daydream for a second and pretend I'm a real good driver. That being said, these are pretty light as it is. Are they over powered to the point I don't need to worry about weight, or should I think about alu or tit screws and stuff like that to be competitively fast? What weight should I be shooting for once completed and balanced? Hope everyone is gunna have a great weekend.
__________________
Team Kamikaze.
XCEED RC
SERPENT
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #161
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
almost finished with the S100LT! I want to daydream for a second and pretend I'm a real good driver. That being said, these are pretty light as it is. Are they over powered to the point I don't need to worry about weight, or should I think about alu or tit screws and stuff like that to be competitively fast? What weight should I be shooting for once completed and balanced? Hope everyone is gunna have a great weekend.
Weight will have nothing to do with the performance of that car
Most WGT cars are under weight (930g) as it is
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #162
Tech Fanatic
 
Green Machine!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 816
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!
Default

Cars done. I've never put a link car together. The instructions are beyond vague regarding the telescoping link arms. How do you "fill" them with oil. There are no seals. Are you just supposed to coat the tube with a certain weight oil? And I have an 88/30 gearing with 54mm cut tires. Does that sound about for TQ?
__________________
Team Kamikaze.
XCEED RC
SERPENT
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #163
Company Representative
 
JoeNolasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know that we are Carrying the TOP Rebel 10! (And other TOP products) I just got a Rebel 10 myself that I'll be building up this week for a review! We are taking it to the IIC in Las Vegas where we will continue the review with pictures and video and also some interviews with the TOP team guys!
__________________
-Joe Nolasco

Airtronics | Associated | DE Racing | Mugen | Hot Bodies | Kyosho | Novarossi | Savox | Schumacher | TOP Racing | Tamiya and more!
JoeNolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #164
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,616
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNolasco View Post
Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know that we are Carrying the TOP Rebel 10! (And other TOP products) I just got a Rebel 10 myself that I'll be building up this week for a review! We are taking it to the IIC in Las Vegas where we will continue the review with pictures and video and also some interviews with the TOP team guys!
Good luck man. Vegas is always a stacked field for WGT.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #165
Tech Fanatic
 
elee32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: lambertville, nj
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine! View Post
Cars done. I've never put a link car together. The instructions are beyond vague regarding the telescoping link arms. How do you "fill" them with oil. There are no seals. Are you just supposed to coat the tube with a certain weight oil? And I have an 88/30 gearing with 54mm cut tires. Does that sound about for TQ?
Yes, basically you fill the tube and coat the inner parts with a very thick, grease like stuff which is available in different viscosities, regular shock oil won't work
__________________
Eric Lee, sponsored by shipping and handling..
elee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? Mr. McGoo Electric On-Road 722 11-01-2014 06:05 AM
World GT? brettness37 Electric On-Road 12 11-01-2010 09:11 PM
Xray X10 World GT Car PitNamedGordie Electric On-Road 262 04-22-2010 02:18 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net