Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Sweep F1 tyres.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I could be wrong but I reckon that using just the VAPOURS of acetone(as mantisworx suggested) wont damage any of the wheels mentioned below, I have used the vapour method really successfully on a number of different types of wheels and never had a problem.
Each time being able to re-use the wheel, tyre and insert if needed.
If u have the patience to let the vapours do the job, it works well.
Cheers.

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
ABS wheel will be melt down with Acetone.
Nylon wheel is fine.
Tamiya uses ABS material so you can't use Acetone for the wheel.
Originally Posted by MantisWorx
VERY CAREFULLY slice the backside off of the wheel with a razor blade OR get some acetone and let the wheels soak in the vapors overnight.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by macavant
The new ones sent to me were white inserts.
My original package had all grey inserts F&R, just different widths.
This was the original pkg:
I am so confused I was told that the proper inserts were white rear and grey fronts, the grey inserts are supposed to be stiffer. My sets were all white inserts. So your new replacement sets are all grey? They are sending me some to test so I guess we will see.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
I could be wrong but I reckon that using just the VAPOURS of acetone(as mantisworx suggested) wont damage any of the wheels mentioned below, I have used the vapour method really successfully on a number of different types of wheels and never had a problem.
Each time being able to re-use the wheel, tyre and insert if needed.
If u have the patience to let the vapours do the job, it works well.
Cheers.

I have done it time and time again with Tamiya wheels with no issues either but you have to let the wheels sit in the vapors and do not get the acetone on the wheels themselves.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I was told that the proper inserts were white rear and grey fronts, the grey inserts are supposed to be stiffer.
My original set came with all grey inserts F&R. The new inserts for the rears were sent by SWEEP after I signed up on their site (from a link on this thread) for new inserts. Since my original purchase was made from SWEEP directly, the cust. serv. rep. knew which ones were shipped out to me and fixed it accordingly.

You're correct - the white inserts are a lot softer; I'm hoping the new white inserts gives the car better rear traction from my previous run.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am so confused I was told that the proper inserts were white rear and grey fronts, the grey inserts are supposed to be stiffer. My sets were all white inserts. So your new replacement sets are all grey? They are sending me some to test so I guess we will see.
The very first batch was all Grey, then we found out Rear grey was not in the spec as we ordered. in middle of changing it to white Rear. we made a mistake by swapping all of front and rear to White.

We set the realease date too early, we tried to make it to due date, made few mistakes.

Please note we shipped and still shipping to those customers who have wrong inserts to correct them.

Thank you.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Company Representative

The US Sweep web site (http://SweepRacingUSA.com) will have a server change on April/26/2013 Friday. we may have down time up to 2 hours from 7AM EST.
Thank you for the continuing supports, we are moving to a bigger house
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Company Representative

The server move and database upgrade have been completed successfully fot http://SweepRacingUSA.com, please contact us with any question or concerns.

Thank you for continuing supports.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wanted to give the sweep F1 tyres a try as I have been using the TC stuff up until recently, so bought a set of soft’s and 1 set of Super Soft’s for the rear of my F104x1.
I trimmed the inner lip, trimmed insert, removed the shiny surface, cleaned, sauced and warmed. Using the softs on a med traction asphalt surface (25c to 30c track temp) yesterday I was not able to complete 1 lap without spinning. (im not the best out there, but not that bad)

extremely loose on power, off power and neutral power. Switched back to my old, worn out Pit 572s and the car was back to normal.

Im now too scared to even try the Super Softs especially since we’re heading into winter Down-Under… Sweep needs to do some more R&D on them before id consider buying again.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

We have posted our summary of the current situation with Sweep F1 tyres here.

An open invitation to Sweep - once you have a final product that you are happy with then if you'd like to send us tyres to review we would be happy to test them and publish an update. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any updates on the rear tires? I'm sure hoping the test batch is hitting the track soon.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

I havent heard anything.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Sweep Racing Korean HQ comments exclusively to RC Formula1 on the issues with their F1 tyres for the F104 chassis.

Read the article here
Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCformula1
Sweep Racing Korean HQ comments exclusive to RC Formula1 on the issues with their F1 tyres for the F104 chassis.

Read the article here
I will be shelving mine and waiting patiently for the exchange to happen here in the states.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I will be shelving mine and waiting patiently for the exchange to happen here in the states.
same here, seems like it would make more sense to test them here in the US though.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

same here, seems like it would make more sense to test them here in the US though.
If I could get a set to test, I'd be all over it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.