Like Tree33Likes

Sweep F1 tyres.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
No plan yet but w are watching the market very closely
Thanks
FGX tires would also work on the HPI F10...something worth considering.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can somebody share their impressions of these tires yet? How do they compare to the shimizu's?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
FGX tires would also work on the HPI F10...something worth considering.
Yes but diffrent offset.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Can somebody share their impressions of these tires yet? How do they compare to the shimizu's?

Thanks!
I have only ran my Sweeps on carpet for a couple minutes before racing began last Saturday. I used the Sweep recomended SS rear and M front. I didn't even run them long enough to break them in but I realized they would require a pretty drastic set up change to make them work. Even with the medium fronts I felt the front of the car was way too hooked up and with the tall soft sidewalls they just wanted to dig in and make the car traction roll. The rear SS did not seem to provide as much forward traction as the R1 hard pit tires I normally run.

Maybe the hard fronts are in order for my local conditions but I still need to dedicate a day to trying to tune the car to work with the tires and give the tires a chance to break in so they can work at thier best.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer robert
I have only ran my Sweeps on carpet for a couple minutes before racing began last Saturday. I used the Sweep recomended SS rear and M front. I didn't even run them long enough to break them in but I realized they would require a pretty drastic set up change to make them work. Even with the medium fronts I felt the front of the car was way too hooked up and with the tall soft sidewalls they just wanted to dig in and make the car traction roll. The rear SS did not seem to provide as much forward traction as the R1 hard pit tires I normally run.

Maybe the hard fronts are in order for my local conditions but I still need to dedicate a day to trying to tune the car to work with the tires and give the tires a chance to break in so they can work at thier best.
To make enough forward bite, the tire need to be break in.
Any of shiny surface should be taken away.
It takes about one battery pack until the tire break in properly on the asphalt but it will take more time on the carpet.
You can break in new tires quickly with scotch brite + tire truer if you have them.

thank you,
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I will have some asphalt feedback this weekend, mine are due to arrive thursday.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Yes but diffrent offset.
The off-set of the rim makes no difference to the tire. The HPI F10, the FGX and the Ride rims for the F104 all mount the same size tire. If you made the same compounds for that rim as well that would open up a larger market.

Additionally any company that starts producing the same compounds in both rim sizes would be the only company that could be used for a spec tire across all current F1 cars. Personally I am not a fan of spec tires but a lot of clubs like the idea. Especially for big events like the IIC where spec tires are the norm it would be helpful to have the same compound for both rim sizes.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The off-set of the rim makes no difference to the tire. The HPI F10, the FGX and the Ride rims for the F104 all mount the same size tire. If you made the same compounds for that rim as well that would open up a larger market.

Additionally any company that starts producing the same compounds in both rim sizes would be the only company that could be used for a spec tire across all current F1 cars. Personally I am not a fan of spec tires but a lot of clubs like the idea. Especially for big events like the IIC where spec tires are the norm it would be helpful to have the same compound for both rim sizes.
Thanks, yes. agreed, for the offset part we were gathering ideas for wheels developing. as far as tire dimension goes, it will stay same for awhile since we just started but we are looking for diffrent options for wheels.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice to hear, keep us update.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

My tires came in today!

I made a video with how i decided to install them as well as a little review!
http://www.uf1houston.com/index.php?...d-information/
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The insert is not a good fit at all !!! Maybe tamiya inserts can fit better... I don't see a need for glue on the insert either, specially when it will endup with finger prints all over...
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Marcus, that is pretty much how I did my first set too. Until there is a closed cell formed one piece insert, Marcus' video is the right way to built these wheels up.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default which tires/wheels to buy?

Hi all,

Bought my son a used 3-Racing F109 to start racing (along with the VTA class he is racing in now at our local track).

I would like to get a set of these Sweep new rubber F1 tires for him, what wheels would be best to use?

Thanks,

-Rich
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rich Valente
Hi all,

Bought my son a used 3-Racing F109 to start racing (along with the VTA class he is racing in now at our local track).

I would like to get a set of these Sweep new rubber F1 tires for him, what wheels would be best to use?

Thanks,

-Rich
They will only fit the Tamiya wheels which will not fit the F109 in the front.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default thanks

thanks, so F109 wheels = F103 Tamiya wheels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.