Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Xray Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anders I wasn't reffering to your post! (in fact I saw after I posted mine!)

Nick
Old 01-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Æhhh? I would say you're the one that joking... Please explain, if it's not a joke.
How long has the MI2 been out?

The Schumacher team drivers here in the uk are already testing a new car,

The fk has been out a while, not only that you can upgrade existing xray models to the FK spec
Old 01-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

They should just call it the Xray T2 already...

When someone asks you "what car are you running?", is "Xray T1 Factory Kit 2005 edition" the easiest answer?

Or...if you just reply and say "Xray", then you will get followup questions:
---"It's a T1, right?"
---"Are you running pivot balls or c-hubs?"
---"Is it the standard T1, the evo2, or FOC even?"
---"What? They made a Factory Kit?"

After this five minute conversation, the newbie walks into the shop and buys a brand new T1 factory kit for himself, then walks up to you to show you, and is astounded that your car looks different from his. You fill him in, and get this quiestion:
---2005 edition? Are you telling me they made two factory kits?

Extremely dissapointed, the newbie sells everything for fifty bucks because he cannot even remember the name of this fast guy's car.
Meanwhile, you forgot to start charging your next battery, because you were too busy talking.

Sorry guys...Its slow today at work.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

That could be a good thing. You pick up a new Factory kit for $50.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Lets face it, how importent is the chassis?!
If you ask me, it isn't that importent as (I guess) some of you think it is.
I think it's more about the whole package you've got, including your transmitter, speedo, motor, batteries and all those other things.
And the most importent thing is YOU, no matter how much money you spend, if you haven't got the "know how" or (driving) skills you won't come very far.
I am using a Helios, V2 motor and some other state of the art equipment, but at the moment I'm using the (cheap) T1-R, and I can keep up very well with the "big spenders", wtih there factory kits.

In the world of touring cars (these days) there's no such thing as the best or ultimate chassis, it's about the whole package!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

lucky for my i didnt buy a FK kit when i wanted one. instead bought me my tc4 . anyways does anybody knows how much would this new kit will cost? i like it way better than the old style xray like the FK and so on.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
One thing I dont like about XRay, is there comes new models all the time. So I will neither get an XRay, nor a Tamiya. These brands are for the I-always-gotta-have-the-latest-techno-junkies.
Off course you are free to choose whatever car you want, but personally I don´t see why you wouldn´t buy an XRay or Tamiya just because a new version came out. In fact this is very similar to the "hey driver A won race X with car Y so I must have it" type of thinking. Just because a new version was developed doesn´t mean the previous one has suddenly gotten worse.

There are many very happy XRay drivers that are still running the original T1 and are very competitive with it. I am sure in three years time there will still be a lot of very happy T1FK owners which according to several magazines is the best Touring Car on the market today. You don´t have to buy an XRay, but if you have one no one forces you to buy the latest one either.

To my mind the greatest advantages to buying an XRay are that they can compete with any of the other Tourers on the market at any level of competition, reuse or allow the use of many parts of previous/newer models (e.g. a T1 diff fits the T1FK and vice versa, T1 through T1FK use the same size belts, etc.) and has an engineering quality that most if not all competitors are struggling to match.

This is true for each of the T1 incarnations and will be true for any future models when and if they are brought to market.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Why is it everyone acts like someone has a gun to their head telling then that they have to buy the newest Xray or Tamiya or they will pull the trigger?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
lucky for my i didnt buy a FK kit when i wanted one. instead bought me my tc4 . anyways does anybody knows how much would this new kit will cost? i like it way better than the old style xray like the FK and so on.
Someone said they "heard" that it would cost just under $400.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

As long as I can still buy parts for my T1 then I am happy, lol.
If a company "forced" me to have to upgrade models every year because of discontinues then I would switch brands. But as long as I can still buy parts for my car I will race it as long as it works for me. unless I just have some money burning a hole in my pocket and want to try something new lol.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by new92
As long as I can still buy parts for my T1 then I am happy, lol.
If a company "forced" me to have to upgrade models every year because of discontinues then I would switch brands. But as long as I can still buy parts for my car I will race it as long as it works for me. unless I just have some money burning a hole in my pocket and want to try something new lol.
Isn't that the problem with Tamiya?!
Thought they disconnect parts pretty fast (for example the evo I or II)...
Old 01-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Scho
The Schumacher team drivers here in the uk are already testing a new car,
But that's not the same, as they've released a new car.

If I remember correctly, the Mission was on the market at least 2 years, before the MI2 was released. And the MI2 has been on the market around a year by now. And no new car has been announced yet.

I dont feel I'm forced to get the latest Tamiya or XRay, if I had choosed that route. But somehow I would feel that they are cheating me, if I had bought an Evo3 or T1FK and a monthe later there came a new version. If they had an upgrading kit for a reasonably price, well, that would be a totally different story to me. It's about respect for existent customers.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

There is a new car to come in 2005 aparently, i was told by somone that went to the open day at the schumcaher factory in the UK
Old 01-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Scho
There is a new car to come in 2005 aparently, i was told by somone that went to the open day at the schumcaher factory in the UK
Rumours.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Not from Schumacher directly, becides ive seen a prototype trackside

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.