Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Audi 5000 G!!... I'm gone

- JB
(keep roll'n, roll'n, roll'n, roll'n )
Old 01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i just wasted an hour of my life reading through this thread, let me go hang myself.

jk
Old 01-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
It is kinda quiet around here.

I get to race Intermediate for the first time tomorrow...beside the time I got thrown into it the first time I raced. I guess I have some nervous energy.
Its not worth commenting cause only you guys have fun.

We are serious racers and dont have fun !

Everyone has fun in their own way. You guys love bashing and we like high levels of compitition, at the end we all have fun.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wanna hear more from my new hero Claydoh. When are we gonna get rid of all these right-wing conservative oppresive republican elitist dipshits? That French Revolution thing is sounding pretty good to me right now!
Old 01-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Peter Busch
One of the biggest problems the middle class has today is they feel entitled to driving brand new cars, big houses, nice furniture, the latest electronic devices, constatly eating out, yearly vacation, and the list goes on. Most of these things being financed vs. saving up to buy them. A good portion of their money goes to paying interest. Relitivly few of them are saving and investing their money in IRA's, mutual funds, college funds for their kids and the minute they aquire some equity in their house they take out a 2nd mortage. Thats why the middle class is struggling today.
That was good for a laugh...You know why?

Cause its true

Then again, Saying that on a fourm full of middle classer's is like comming to my mobile home park with a loud speaker and denouncing Wal Mart
Old 01-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hyper1
There you go! no concept of interest whatsoever.Or Just plain don't care.I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that because a lot of them have college degree's nowadays they think that's what entitles them.It's just a piece of paper and in the big scheme of things means very little nowadays.

Truth of the matter is that JUST a bachlors degree these days means much less. You need to have your masters in order to really get paid well these days.

I'm a graduate student and I've been working hard at it for over 6 years, living like a pauper the whole time.

MY reward will come soon.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All I gotta say, is if people worked as hard on their cars, and their skills as people have worked on spewing totally irrelevant mis-communicated bullshit in the last many pages of this thread, you'd all be paid to race R/C!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GordonFreeman
I wanna hear more from my new hero Claydoh. When are we gonna get rid of all these right-wing conservative oppresive republican elitist dipshits? That French Revolution thing is sounding pretty good to me right now!
That would be Oppressive Republican Dipshit, thank you very much.

Besides, the Democrats are only the "Party of the People" if you confuse Pandering with actual concern.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
Its not worth commenting cause only you guys have fun.

We are serious racers and dont have fun !

Everyone has fun in their own way. You guys love bashing and we like high levels of compitition, at the end we all have fun.
R/C just isn't an all-consuming passion for me, it's a fun thing (most of the time) that I do. I know that I suck at it and I try to suck a little less every time I go out.

I just think that there are more people like me who don't have aspirations to be the next Hara or Kinwald...or even that they're going to ever be the fastest guy at the local track. Maybe I could if I put in enough time and money, but then it's not a "hobby" to me...it's a profession. BTDT with some other "hobbies" that got out of hand...now they aren't as fun as they were.

It's just lame to have a thread on here bemoaning the RTR (and other sacrilegious developments) because it makes life somewhat easier for someone to try R/C. I can see it now...the next thread will be pissing and moaning that Speed Gems have ruined the sport because people don't have to wind their own motors anymore.

This hobby needs some help if you want it to have a broader appeal...making it more tedious and expensive just isn't going to cut it.

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 01-17-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

@ Turbo joe - I agree with just about everything you've said.

Yes. I too race. I dont care if I am wining the A-Mains. I just want to race and have fun. I want to race with other guys run my car and have a ball. I win every race I run. Why? Becasue after ever race, I am at hooters drinking beer.

As far as race costs. I am a divorced father of three, with child support payments and all that good stuff, I dont have the cash to blow on a car like that. So for guys like JCTC3, if I dont have as much money as you I shouldnt be allowed to race?

If you guys have the cas to run killer cars and the tme to put into racing...go for it. Man I love to watch you race. But some of us dont have the time and money. It doesnt mean we dont love the hobby, it doesnt mean we are not dedicated, or that we are "wannabes". It means I have a 10-hour a day job in a hospital, and couldnt devote the time if I WANTED too. But you know what? That why we have A, B, and C mains. I will most likely be a C-main guy for while. Just like you cart racers. You guys didnt move up to run NASCAR, or compete in the same classes as the guys on ESPN, yet you would be offended if I said you were a wannabe or that your dedication wasnt good enough.

The whole thing is stupid. You ass kickers, run your A-main's, be happy, go fast, and give me something to watch while I down a beer and flirt with your girl.

Im gonna race what I can, when I can, and be far more fulfilled at the end of the day becasue I had just as much fun as you did and spent WAY less money to do it.

P.S For CHRISTS SAKE! Can we drop the farggin political bullsh*t!? Whoe REALLY gives a flying F*** who was responsible for the dissapearance of the middle class? It has absolutely NOTHING of value to lend to this discussion. I AM in the middle class, so your wrong anyway, but for the love of god, go talk about it somewhere else. This is an RC forum, lets keep it that way.

That being said...I love you guys.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I love all you fellow racers also.My apologies for getting so far off track.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Hyper1
I love all you fellow racers also.My apologies for getting so far off track.
Feel the luv......
Old 01-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

I see it all the time here, the next great car, motor, battery, charger and everyone goes wild about it. Then they get frustrated and start dissing when they can't run it like Kinwald, Cyrul, Blackstock, and Hara, to name a few. Just because you spend more money, it doesn't mean you will automatically win.

I have raced on and off for about 12 years now. I do relatively well. The local tracks will always have their hotshoes. Those are the people you should talk to about setups and how to drive better, instead of just throwing money left and right to solve a problem. Most of those people who are into the latest thing are also trying to keep up appearences or be the "Wow! He has one of those cars," people. I usually laugh when they end up breaking on the first lap and ruin their day because they never took time to learn the car before they raced, thought about extra parts needed, or they found out it's more advanced than their abilities are able to handle. Use your brains people. Practice before jumping in.

I'm happy just to race, sure I also get mad when I don't perform like I should. Sometimes we can't help it (crashes, weird breaks).
Sure I'd like to be one of the top drivers there is. But I also know that sometimes my abilities are not up to others. Nor do I have the time or money avaliable like I would want. So I make do with what I have. It's worked well for me. Just took some time. I'm now becoming one of the local hotshoes. With all dated equipment.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Zala
You ass kickers, run your A-main's, be happy, go fast, and give me something to watch while I down a beer and flirt with your girl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.