Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are we Dumbing down our hobby??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
Its only going to get worse it has happend or always has been like that in the rest of the world. Its catching up now to us.
The social stratisfication ladder is get taller for the richer and the step to get there is getting widder between the middle class and them. The lower class is intregrating with the middle until its on big clump called the poor. Unfortunatly it will be the privilaged and the none privilaged.
Its like that everywhere else.

It sucks but what can we do if the guys at power are the rich eliete. Untill a real person gets elected we will get worse. Wait it cost money to run for office.

One more example of people blaming their situation on the government.

If you read back through this thread one thing that is brought up is if you want to be fast you need to be dedicated and put in the time and effort that it requires. At the same time not blame the fact you suck because you have crappy equipment, or the rules aren't fair, or the classes suck, etc.... (the list is endless).

So why are you are you now blaming the quality of your life on the rich? Its the same thing, because you can't suceed it can't be your fault, therefore it must be someone else's.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Claydoh
What can we do? It's called revolution. It worked for the French, they just killed all the rich.

The problem is the ignorant flag wavers. Saying something is great a thousand times doesn't make it true. Only by pointing out problems will we get them solved. But being selfish seems to be the norm so just keep stepping over the homeless, wasting gas in your suv and one day, if you believe the lies, you can be rich too.
(Karl Rove voice)

That's positively blasphemous. You must be a commie or something. A "Real American" wouldn't say that. You're probably a child-molester, too.
(/Karl Rove voice)

I mean...it's true and all...LOL...better watch it though, the bushies will have the FBI on your ass...
Old 01-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

One of the biggest problems the middle class has today is they feel entitled to driving brand new cars, big houses, nice furniture, the latest electronic devices, constatly eating out, yearly vacation, and the list goes on. Most of these things being financed vs. saving up to buy them. A good portion of their money goes to paying interest. Relitivly few of them are saving and investing their money in IRA's, mutual funds, college funds for their kids and the minute they aquire some equity in their house they take out a 2nd mortage. Thats why the middle class is struggling today.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I second that. (and I am in the lower middle class, and it's my fault that I am)
Old 01-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Peter Busch
One more example of people blaming their situation on the government.

If you read back through this thread one thing that is brought up is if you want to be fast you need to be dedicated and put in the time and effort that it requires. At the same time not blame the fact you suck because you have crappy equipment, or the rules aren't fair, or the classes suck, etc.... (the list is endless).

So why are you are you now blaming the quality of your life on the rich? Its the same thing, because you can't suceed it can't be your fault, therefore it must be someone else's.
Dude are you iliterite? No I dont blame the government its an observation on whats is happening. I make a good living. Keep Thinking things are good because your UNCLE Bush is telling you its ok. Untill you loose your job.

So Peter what's your take on the real reason people dont have money.
Wake up bro.

Oh I am fast so its probably guys like me that you envy!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Peter Busch
One of the biggest problems the middle class has today is they feel entitled to driving brand new cars, big houses, nice furniture, the latest electronic devices, constatly eating out, yearly vacation, and the list goes on. Most of these things being financed vs. saving up to buy them. A good portion of their money goes to paying interest. Relitivly few of them are saving and investing their money in IRA's, mutual funds, college funds for their kids and the minute they aquire some equity in their house they take out a 2nd mortage. Thats why the middle class is struggling today.
Here is a little example. People in the services feel the crunch before the rest ex (waiters, Mechanics, Taxi drivers, Anything that provides a service). When the economy takes a hit the first to feel the hit are these people. I worked as a master tech on european cars for 12 years. I made a real good living until about 3 or 4 years ago. On a brand that never feels the economy M. Benz. All the techs in the shop use to average 50 to 60 flat rate hours a week down to 30 to 55 hours. At the same time My Father A Jaguar tech goes from 65 avg to 50 and going down. People are not spending money they dont have it and have gotten smarter and are not using credit like before.
My waiter friends female and males have also taken a hit in tips people are holding on to their money.
Take into account the thousands of jobs that have gone overseas. Dude wake up please and take a good look around you. Racing hasnt gotten that expensive. Some of the parts and cars are cheaper then 10 years ago. People just dont have the money. They rather give up the toys and hold on to the Navigator and Escalades on 22inch Dubs!
I left turning wrenches 2 years ago to another field I make good money But I still live in the means I had before to allow me to play with toys. I drive a (95 chevy truck, I could afford a big suv But why? It would cut into my play money.
Others dont think like that.
We can blame our selves but this countries economy isnt as strong as everyone thinks. Yes I am proud to be American but there is no reason to lie to my self. The powers at be suck!

Go Ahead and flame me!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

First of all, Bush and Busch are two different names entirely. Don't even try to make a connection.

Second, I think the way our country is ran pretty much sucks, but if anyone is going to blame their situation on it then they have already lost. And I never said I thought things were good, they are what you make it.

Third. I stated above why a lot of the middle class does not have money. Most of the poor are poor because the either chose to be or they did not save for retirement and relied on SS to take care of them.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Peter Busch

I have been on this thread since the early post. People here have been cmplaining about the cost yet they complicate that themselves. Why 2 gfx's, 20 motors, 2 discharge trays 15 race battery packs, three cars and what ever cool tool or accessory made.?

This is the land of exess yes we buy everything in bulk.
You can reduce your cost by 2 Lrp's or equivalants .
You dont need 15 batteries should be good ( 2 for practice, and 4 for Qualifying and mains)
3 good motor is all you need at any time.
Why buy hudy tools Go to ace hardware and buy wrenches for 1/3 rd the price.
Instead of buying a 20 dollar pit towel because it says Company x go to taget/walmart and buy a $3.00 towel.
If you were to take this as an example how much money would you save alot.

Pluss use your time wisely to practice and research things to do to your car.
Do you know there's a thing called free horse power !!! Its things that you can do to your car to go faster. People are just to lazy to get that free power and rather pay good hard earned money for it. Learn to do things your self people stop expecting everything to be handed to you. This country didnt come free people worked hard and fought for it.
Same goes here work hard on your r/c becasue it will pay at the end when it comes easy to you because you did your homework!

Bt the way Peter I view this as a casual conversation between you and I not a battle of the witts. I hope I have not offended you or anyone else.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Any business has its ups and downs, you need to plan for it. I drive truck as an owner operator and trust me, when 911 hit I felt it but survived it because I planned for down time.

I also choose to not have the new car so I can afford other things such as RC.

Tips, my personal observation is service sucks because the modern waiters/waitress have a bad attitude becasue they are lazy. My wife and I rarely go out to eat anymore because of this and if we do we are very picky about where we go. I will not tip a waiter with an attitude, however on the rare occasion we actually get a good one they get tipped very well.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Peter Busch

I have been on this thread since the early post. People here have been cmplaining about the cost yet they complicate that themselves. Why 2 gfx's, 20 motors, 2 discharge trays 15 race battery packs, three cars and what ever cool tool or accessory made.?

This is the land of exess yes we buy everything in bulk.
You can reduce your cost by 2 Lrp's or equivalants .
You dont need 15 batteries should be good ( 2 for practice, and 4 for Qualifying and mains)
3 good motor is all you need at any time.
Why buy hudy tools Go to ace hardware and buy wrenches for 1/3 rd the price.
Instead of buying a 20 dollar pit towel because it says Company x go to taget/walmart and buy a $3.00 towel.
If you were to take this as an example how much money would you save alot.

Pluss use your time wisely to practice and research things to do to your car.
Do you know there's a thing called free horse power !!! Its things that you can do to your car to go faster. People are just to lazy to get that free power and rather pay good hard earned money for it. Learn to do things your self people stop expecting everything to be handed to you. This country didnt come free people worked hard and fought for it.
Same goes here work hard on your r/c becasue it will pay at the end when it comes easy to you because you did your homework!

Bt the way Peter I view this as a casual conversation between you and I not a battle of the witts. I hope I have not offended you or anyone else.
Me too, I don't take things personal and have fun disscussing things and am open to what others have to say.

Basically what you just wrote was people want to buy their way to the top instead of work for it. I agree and see it all over and am guilty of it myself. Its so easy to think that spending more money is the answer when the reality is working harder and smarter is it.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dude are you iliterite? ....
I'm not normally one to pick on spelling or grammar in posts....Ijust found this one particularly amusing
Old 01-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I'm not normally one to pick on spelling or grammar in posts....Ijust found this one particularly amusing
Good one.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

We can blame our selves but this countries economy isnt as strong as everyone thinks. Yes I am proud to be American but there is no reason to lie to my self. The powers at be suck!

Go Ahead and flame me!
No need to flame you. You live in Florida...the land where they just take away your right to vote because you don't vote for the "right" side.

(slipping into my 3-2/5 Sparco driving suit for protection...)
Old 01-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Sorry was typing fast didnt catch it guess your not that dumb!
Old 01-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
No need to flame you. You live in Florida...the land where they just take away your right to vote because you don't vote for the "right" side.

(slipping into my 3-2/5 Sparco driving suit for protection...)
I've had my nomex undies and expected it can't help all the west coast and northern rejects that you guys dont want end up here! Funny thing people visit florida and end up moving here must be real bad to live here! I'll leave terminator jokes out, but aint he a forigner cleaning up cali!
Guess you didnt notice I didnt vote for bush ! Or his brother who is Governor.

Dont forget the smogg mask for all the crapp in the air!

If your are from anywhere I mentioned it was a joke!! A joke! A joke! Dont take offense I know there a few sensitive people here!

Last edited by speedxl; 01-15-2005 at 01:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.