Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone have any opinions on these cars (Seben Racing) >

Anyone have any opinions on these cars (Seben Racing)

Anyone have any opinions on these cars (Seben Racing)

Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Anyone have any opinions on these cars (Seben Racing)

Seben Racing

I am curious....they look solid but never heard of them.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Bodies for those cars are sourced from HPI so I know that they are good, but thats a small portion of the car. I dont know. I think there are a lot of quality kits and RTR's out there. I think I would keep looking.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

definitely only for people new to the hobby or just bashers. the suspension is so 90's, no vertical ball studs, and upper links are so short. plastic chassis is ok, but aluminium top deck? i dont doubt the thing can go 75kmh but can it hold a corner without sliding ? thats another question.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys

im not new to the hobby but I am looking for a car to just bash/cruise around a parking lot. Always wanted a on road car. Strictly a monster truck guy.

otherwise I will just grab the traxxas mustang body rally vxl.....
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

The chassis looks similar to the Exceed EP cars on nitrorcx.com;
with painted HPI bodies. http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c801-champ...lue-24ghz.html

$85 from nitrorcx
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my advice, stay away from this brand, there a lot of other RTRs out there with better quality and better equipment, my advice try to get a belt drive instead of shaft.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys its cheap for a reason. Dont fall into the fact that its cheap but good..... There is so many clones out there of the real deal and the plastic and crap and breaks just by touching it. If its to good to be true then it is. Simple.

I am no where near against someone wanting something cheap thats great. But let me tell you there is nothing worse than going to buy the cheapest thing out there and you crash it on the first drive then have to wait for a part. Oh no cant buy a part. Whats next you have to buy another whole car to get that part. Then what you have all these cars here that only have that one part missing cause the part that keeps breaking is the same one all the time....
Thats what puts ppl out of the hobby just as they get into it as its costs to much to keep going and get sick of fixing and repairing the car than driving it.
And for someone new the best thing is to keep them driving as thats what makes them excitted to what to spend more and race and so on....

So what should they do. 1 spend a little more money on a known kit or rtr that is genuine 2 dont push it to its limits until your ready and the car is capable. the other reason things go down hill is the fact that they buy a car and the ad says 75mph + and so on.... the bigger the number the better it sounds and the quicker it will sell... Dont buy into that crap as if you want to go fast set your self up from a great foundation and start properly. Make sure you buy into this as a sport or a toy.
If you want it as a sport ask plenty of questions and dont just buy cause it sounds good....
If its a toy buy it and play with it and treat it as thou its a throw away item and once it breaks 9 times out of 10 it will be thrown away and thats that.

Good luck
Fordy
Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys.....will keep looking. Thinking Traxxas Rally or HPI Sprint E10 or Flux.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Don't forget about used. You can find awesome sedans cheap. The Tc3 or 4 or a losi xxx-s can be found all over cheap and in great condition. Especially if you buy from a racer they are just trying to get them off their hands and the cars are in mint conditions. Awhile back I bought a Xxxs graphite with an extra kit and spare parts and the car was like new for 125! I
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If you know what you are doing and can afford to throw away $100 for a basher then go for it.

If you don't then buy the kit available from your local hobby retailer.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Seben Racing

Hi everyone.
I,m a new comer to RC and here but I have to ask if anyone here knows where to get quality replacement parts for seben racing cars? I was told that I'm stuck with Seben. I don't want to replace crap with crap all they sell is the same s--t that's in the car already. I just bought this major piece of crap and everything is going wrong with it! I'm new to RC cars and made my first BIG ASS mistake buying this junk. Let me explain that this car Is'nt even broken in it has aprox. 45min. of "EASY" run time on it and already it needs a front right drive shaft it cracked and the pin fell out. Next the rear differential gears are stripped to hell. had to replace the throttle servo and I need both servo arms one is stripped and the other is stripped and cracked!! Can't wait to see what happens next?? What the hell I thought Germans made good stuff? Well anyway I'm already into this piece of S--T now so I'm going to have to make do and MacGyver the crap out of this thing if I have too... But if anyone knows who has quality parts that are compatable with Seben PLEASE let me know..And Anyone even thinking of buying one do yourself a Huge favor DON'T DO IT!!! Oh and not to mention there customer svc. suck's try to get them to replace anything Haaa that's another story all together!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As hard as it sounds if u are going to be using this car on a regular basis it would be cheaper to buy a well known 2nd hand car from the forsale forums here as u will be just throwing good money after bad if u buy spares for this car and use it regularly.... at least u have some electrics u can put in it.. TC3's are cheap... or maybe a Xray T2.. but the TC3 will cheaper and there are heaps of parts for them.. perfect for bashing.

Good luck..
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Suspended

This is a rebranded HSP/Windhobby/Himoto/LRP Blast S10/Maverick and the list goes on. About the only thing that changes is the plastics formula, but they all use pretty much all the same parts, with some slight minor differences here and there.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Buick68gs1
Hi everyone.
I,m a new comer to RC and here but I have to ask if anyone here knows where to get quality replacement parts for seben racing cars? I was told that I'm stuck with Seben. I don't want to replace crap with crap all they sell is the same s--t that's in the car already. I just bought this major piece of crap and everything is going wrong with it! I'm new to RC cars and made my first BIG ASS mistake buying this junk. Let me explain that this car Is'nt even broken in it has aprox. 45min. of "EASY" run time on it and already it needs a front right drive shaft it cracked and the pin fell out. Next the rear differential gears are stripped to hell. had to replace the throttle servo and I need both servo arms one is stripped and the other is stripped and cracked!! Can't wait to see what happens next?? What the hell I thought Germans made good stuff? Well anyway I'm already into this piece of S--T now so I'm going to have to make do and MacGyver the crap out of this thing if I have too... But if anyone knows who has quality parts that are compatable with Seben PLEASE let me know..And Anyone even thinking of buying one do yourself a Huge favor DON'T DO IT!!! Oh and not to mention there customer svc. suck's try to get them to replace anything Haaa that's another story all together!!!!!
Buy LRP Blast S10 TC parts for it, they use better plastics that do not break too easy.