I've assembled a Slash (in fact, an extended Rustler) to race onroad.
I raced this car last year and only did some mods from the previous car.
Changes I've made:
Velineon 3500 sensorless => Tekin Redline 10.5T sensored. Not sure if it's better or not... (because Velineon is a beast!!). Geared 56/14 with aluminum gearbox (note: I live in Rio de Janeiro and, here, in the summer, the temperature is around 40 Celsius!!!!)
Flex tubes inside the shocks, 1 hole pistons, piece of aluminum to make the shock tower higher. It worked like a charm but I decided to eliminate the tower extenders this year.
Now, I'm using stock shocks (with aluminum caps and TiNi shafts), 3 hole pistons (70/80, front/rear silicon), Losi springs and those small plastic spacers that comes with the shocks. I've put them inside the shocks (like I did with the flex tubes) and, apparently, it's working pretty well. I'll test this setup tomorrow and return here to leave my feedback.
Here's our track here in Brazil: